Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court (25811 Views)

Protest as DSS fails to release Sowore / Friends Arraigned For The Murder Of Emmanuel Ubah In Lagos. Photos / Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by Notasyouthink: 7:24am On May 20, 2017
exlinkleads:
It seems DSS is now above the court of law in this country. This is the second time a competent court of law has ordered DSS to provide Mr. Ubah and they failed to do so. According to Authority News, Department of State Services on Thursday, failed to produce the Chairman, Capital Oil and Gas, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, before Justice Muhammed Idris of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos.

This is in flagrant disregard of the May 12, 2017, court order given to the DSS by Justice Idris, to produce Ubah in court today. However, this came as no fewer than 500 supporters from across different ethnic groups stormed the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, today, to rally around and show support for the oil mogul.

This is even as anger and moral indignation has continued to swell further over the continued detention of the Nnewi-born Billionaire Businessman, by the DSS

Leading the pack of those who have condemned the DSS continued detention of Ubah are Pan-Igbo group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo; Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC); the National Association of South East Nigeria Students (NASENS), HURIWA, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and affected workers of Capital Oil and Gas.

Speaking to journalists, a Staff of Capital Oil, Mr. Tony Ogundipe expressed his frustration at the impasse. “We, Capital Oil workers are disappointed with the nonchalant attitude of the Federal Government in the resolution of this matter that has left over 2,000 of us temporarily jobless and redundant. The failure of the FG to call the conspirators to order is a blatant slap on the face of our democracy and sheer insensitivity to the plight of Nigerians”, he lamented.

Another staff of Capital Oil and Gas called on the FG to intervene in a bid to avert the impending starvation of their families. “The injustice meted on Dr Ifeanyi Ubah is negatively affecting over 2,000 workers of Capital Oil. The FG should be mindful of the implications on our families who are gradually been forced to starve”, he concluded.

With this latest failure to produce Ubah in court today, Justice Idris adjourned the matter for ruling on Thursday, May 25, 2017.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/protest-as-dss-failed-to-provide.html

Ipobexposed, as you can see your APC DSS has flouted the law what do have to say??
Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by Nobody: 8:50am On May 20, 2017
Notasyouthink:
Ipobexposed, as you can see your APC DSS has flouted the law what do have to say??

terrorist don't deserved court trial

2 Likes

Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by Notasyouthink: 4:24pm On May 20, 2017
IpobExposed:

terrorist don't deserved court trial
So ifeanyi uba is now a terrorist??
Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by eldoradoxx: 5:40am On May 22, 2017
maasoap:

We're already a failed nation my friend and that's why only an individual would sell a product amounted to N11 billion put in his custody on behalf of the 180 million people and people like you would not allow government's agencies to to do their job.
It is very convenient for people who benefit from these man to whip up sentiments, but people like you, I don't know get it. DSS has constitutional power to detain any suspect if they believe that freedom of such person in the course of investigation could obstruct their job. All what they need to do is to get court order to detain such person. And if you think that they haven't done that already, you're on long thing.
Exercise patient, he will be charged to court at the appropriate time.
Meanwhile, as you guys are fighting for these billionaires living large in DSS, EFCC custody, you should also fight for those powerless individuals languishing in various Nigeria cells. Is it the only billionaires that deserve your attention even though you don't benefit anything from them.
A government that have evidence to prosecute a person over a criminal allegation does not keep such person in detention Ionger than is allowed by the constitution, that is the point I am trying to make. We are all slaves to the Constitution, the constitution is so sacred that Buhari had to swear with the Quran to defend and protect the constitution. Same constitution says that if a Nigerian citizen is arrested for ANY offence, he should brought before court in not more than 48hours. Nigeria is the only country that no investigation is done prior to arrest, a person is arrested and kept in detention before investigation starts. meanwhile, how did you come to the conclusion that the allegation leveled against Uba is true. Are you the court?
Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by maasoap(m): 6:55am On May 22, 2017
eldoradoxx:
A government that have evidence to prosecute a person over a criminal allegation does not keep such person in detention Ionger than is allowed by the constitution, that is the point I am trying to make. We are all slaves to the Constitution, the constitution is so sacred that Buhari had to swear with the Quran to defend and protect the constitution. Same constitution says that if a Nigerian citizen is arrested for ANY offence, he should brought before court in not more than 48hours. Nigeria is the only country that no investigation is done prior to arrest, a person is arrested and kept in detention before investigation starts. meanwhile, how did you come to the conclusion that the allegation leveled against Uba is true. Are you the court?
The first bolded part: you need to read more to broaden your knowledge on these things we called rights, laws and constitution. A person can be detained more than 48 hours once the necessary procedures are followed. You mentioned Buhari, very convenient for you I would say. Can you remember how long Baba Suwe was held in NDLEA detention over drug trafficking that turned out to be false allegation under Jonathan? I didn't blame NDLEA or Jonathan for keeping Baba Suwe in custody for that long because they did got court approval. The only thing that I didn't like back then was all sorts of sickening things they did to him. Since that time, the man's health had been deteriorating.

Second bolded part: Did I say it was true? No. But I quoted the government just the way I read it in the papers. And that's how we will be referring to it until it is proved otherwise. Even his counsells didn't deny allegation that Ubah sold the fuel, all what he said was that FG was owing him too. Was that not an admission of guilt in your dictionary? If it is not, then what is it?

1 Like

Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by Nobody: 7:39am On May 22, 2017
Notasyouthink:
So ifeanyi uba is now a terrorist??

I pray that Biafra will come to pass peaceful. So, you and your brothers can go away.

Nigerian's are tired of easterners. We have some much to look forward too, since PDP's demise - our reputation is healing. With IPOB gone, I am sure we can achieve our objectives faster.

Imagine - a so called business man selling off fuel entrusted to your care by the federal govt. In other countries - he would have been jailed speedily. Claiming the govt. owed him and that was what justified his 'stealing' is just shameful and nothing but an illiterate and archaic value system.
Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by Notasyouthink: 7:56am On May 22, 2017
TheCabal:

I pray that Biafra will come to pass peaceful. So, you and your brothers can go away.

Nigerian's are tired of easterners. We have some much to look forward too, since PDP's demise - our reputation is healing. With IPOB gone, I am sure we can achieve our objectives faster.

Imagine - a so called business man selling off fuel entrusted to your care by the federal govt. In other countries - he would have been jailed speedily. Claiming the govt. owed him and that was what justified his 'stealing' is just shameful and nothing but an illiterate and archaic value system.
Did I hear you say nigerians are tired of easterners?? You people always lie I don't know what you people benefit from lying. Nigerians are tired of easterners yet your vampires like soldiers are always killing and maiming IPOB peaceful protesters even few days ago those vampier soldiers went and disrupted IPOB women gathering in abiriba Abia state and you are here lying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest As DSS Failed To Provide Ifeanyi Ubah In Court by PFRB: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
fiizznation:
The DSS should obey court order and produce Mr ubah. Nigeria isn't a banana republic please.

May be he has died in their hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Willie Obiano's Customized Champagnes Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos / President, Governors, Senators, Others Risk 3-Year Jail Term / Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.