Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan (637 Views)

Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / Wike: I’ll Reveal Identity Of Security Agents That Invaded Rivers Collation Cent / Video Wike:i’ll Reveal Identity Of Security Agents That Invaded Rivers Collation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by themomentng: 7:28pm On May 18, 2017
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has said that comparing his performance with that of the ruling All Progressives Congress in two years, Nigerians have seen the difference between good governance and false promises.
Wike spoke during the commissioning of the Second Nkpogu Bridge as part of activities marking his second year anniversary in office.
The governor explained that the decision was taken for former President, Goodluck Jonathan to commission the second Nkpogu bridge to communicate to the nation that the former President won’t be abandoned.
He said, “We are not politicians that when anything is wrong, they sing different song. Rivers State is a different place.
“When we believe in you, we believe in you. We are different from other Niger Delta states. We can say it with all authority.
“We cannot come out in the public and begin to castigate our own. Those of them who do that, should have a rethink. For us, it doesn’t matter the blackmail against Jonathan, we will continue to back him.”
Speaking further, Governor Wike added, “Those who think that they have promises from those who think they own Nigeria should be careful.
“They will use you and dump you at the appropriate time.”
Meanwhile, speaking on Thursday during the commissioning of the Second Nkpogu Bridge as part of the second year anniversary of the Wike administration, the immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan says he has no regret that Chief Nyesom Wike, stating that the Governor has turned the entire Rivers state into a construction yard.
His words, “I have no regrets that Governor Wike is the governor of Rivers State. I am happy that the governor has opened up Rivers State through projects.
“Wike has shown so much commitment to infrastructural development. The whole of Rivers State is now a construction yard.”
Jonathan pointed out that the appreciation for the excellent performance of Wike goes beyond party lines, recalling that the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo had after visiting the state declared that the governor is delivering on projects.
While appreciating the people of Rivers State for the support they gave him throughout his eight year involvement in national politics, he expressed happiness for the invitation to commission the important Second Nkpogu Bridge.
In his remarks, the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike stated that two years of All Progressives Congress, APC, in government, Nigerians have seen the difference between good governance and false promises.

Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by chukagora(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2017
I love Gov. Wike for this act.
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by krasican(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2017
u don hear say aninih abandon him gun
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by IgbosAreGreat(f): 8:22pm On May 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by Jirate(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2017
Quite unlike that Judas called Ameachi, God bless you Gov. Wike, for your love and solidarity. cool
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by momonny: 10:01pm On May 18, 2017
ozeba!! what did Jona your so called Idiot do for Amaechi? mumu
Jirate:
Quite unlike that Judas called Ameachi, God bless you Gov. Wike, for your love and solidarity. cool
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by Stinson007(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2017
"The might of a warrior is seen in battle " kudos to Wike, the courageous political heavy weight, who has stood his ground in the midst of adversaries
Re: Wike: I’ll Never Abandon Goodluck Jonathan by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:12pm On May 18, 2017
Unlikely Seriake Dickman.....talking trash yesterday...

GEJ.....God continue to lift u higher....

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Gets Jumbo Share Of N1.4trn Q1 Allocation / Tinubu Misses Boxing Bout With Holyfield / Biafra At 50: A Call To Remember Dick Tiger (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.