Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,328 members, 7,842,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari (390 Views)

Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures / I'm Leaving Politics For The Next 3 Years - Gov. Obaseki / Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by eyesoflagos: 8:39am On May 19, 2017
I spent N13bn on security in 5 years – Gov. Yari
source; http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/i-spent-n13bn-on-security-in-5-years.html

Zamfara State Governor, Abdulaziz Yari, says he told the truth on amount he spent on security in the state, insisting the figure is over N13billion.

Yari spoke when he received the Federal Commissioner, National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, Hajiya Sadiya Umar-Farouq, in Gusau on Thursday.

The governor was reacting to critics on his request to the federal government to refund the N13 billion his administration spent in fighting crime in the last five years.

“People should learn to respect their leaders and what the leaders say and ask for clarification on what they do not know”, he said.
He recalled that armed bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers caused lots of damages to lives and property and that the state government made frantic efforts to contain the situation.

Yari further explained that the state government constituted a committee which was chaired by the Deputy Governor, Mallam Ibrahim Wakkala, pointing out that the committee negotiated with the bandits.

He noted that the initiative resulted in many of the criminals renouncing their act and surrendering their weapons.

Yari first requested for the refund of the money when the Minister of Defence, Alhaji Mansur Dan-Ali, came to the state on an official visit in March.

Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by Nobody: 8:41am On May 19, 2017
Give detailed breakdown asap.
Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by ojun50(m): 8:45am On May 19, 2017
Since davido sing 30 billion for him acct every body they open mouth thy talk say them spend billions too.
Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by Mujaheeeden: 8:50am On May 19, 2017
It seems there is a war going on ee don't know about grin

Look at how the North will continue to embezzle money in the name of security instead of investing in Western Education.

Where is my boy Fizznation

1 Like

Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by Mujaheeeden: 8:52am On May 19, 2017
Why always the North with such security challenge and they are all follwers of religion of Peace grin

1 Like

Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by Funlord2(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2017
I think he meant Security of his hotels construction site in ikoyi? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by bizza45: 9:02am On May 19, 2017
even d devil knows that this is a white lie

1 Like

Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2017
I have a problem with Nigeria politicians ...when they want to raise money for something they believe they will get something from the raise the money no matter what

13 billion in zamfara with the large land they have that's over 2 billion per year ...do he know how many hectares of rice that will farm and process ?? Creating more jobs and mover revenue??

Leave rice. .what of wheat ?? OK cattle in irrigated fields ?? ...or shoe industry or even garment industry
Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by ephi123(f): 11:28am On May 19, 2017
N13billion = N13,000,000,000 - Let's just process that for a second.

This is the same state that couldn't provide vaccines for meningitis and left children to die like chickens. Smh.
Re: I Spent N13bn On Security In 5 Years – Gov. Yari by Mujaheeeden: 11:31am On May 19, 2017
Lalasticlala our governors are really working

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Ondo State State Permanent Secretary Released / Nigerian Government Paid 2 Million Euros For Release Of Chibok Girls - BBC / PHOTOS: FFK And Adeyanju Deji At 'vanity Of Change' Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.