Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham (3294 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Peter Obi, Abaribe And Umeh Arrive For Parents' Burial (Photo) / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad / Impeachment Threat: APC, PDP Senators Agree To Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by PASCHAL28: 9:29am On May 19, 2017
Today, print media and social media was hot because of what Senatorial Abaribe said about the loan which Federal Government intended to obtain for the construction of Lagos-calabar coastal Rail project valued at 11.117 Billion dollars.
Senator threatened fire and what have you, but to me he is seeking cheap popularity. I said so because these senators are not doing anything for the south-east. On issues, they try to let us know that Buhari hate Ndi igbo, but in actual fact, it is these Senators and PDP that hates us so much.
This rail project in question was awarded by Ex-president Goodluck Azikiwe Ebelechukwu. Where were Ike Ekweremmadu, Abaribe actual nd others when Goodluck awarded this contract.
The Federal Government initially awarded this contract to China Civil Engineering Construction Company during former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration at the rate of $11.917billion, but was renegotiated to $11.117 billion following the drop in prices of some commodities by President Buhari when he visited China. Thereby saving for Nigerian government the sum of 800 Million Dollars, that is PDP govt style of contract.
In the renegotiated price, the Nigerian government will take care of 15 per cent of the counterpart funding of the entire project that is expected to be completed in two years.
Speaking in Abuja during the signing of the MoU, the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, said: “This contract was awarded by the President Goodluck Jonathan regime at $11.917 billion and when we took over as the Ministry of Transportation, we negotiated with CCECC and succeeded in reducing the contract sum from $11.917 billion to $11.117 billion.

“We are able to save $800million after negotiation with CCECC and that has to do with the fact that CCECC said prices of commodities like steel and other things have come down and there was need to bring down the prices of those things.
“So, our gathering is to sign same contract but with different price and to make it legal from the initial price to the negotiated price”, he said.
The minister also disclosed that the first segment of the project will commence as soon as discussion is finalised with China Exim Bank.
Now, see the route where this project or rail will cover. From the start, which is the first segment, the Minister said, “The first segment of the project, which is Calabar, Uyo, Abba and Port Harcourt and which would include all the seaports on the route will commence after discussion with China Exim Bank.
“Meanwhile, the entire contract covers Calabar, Uyo, Aba, Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Otuoke, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ore, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Lagos, and we believe that it will head to the Lagos Seaport to ensure that all the tracks terminate at the seaports we currently have in Nigeria”.
On when the project will be ready, Amaechi said: “My expectation is that the project can be completed in two years since funding won’t be a problem. We will conclude Lagos to Ibadan in two years and conclude Calabar to Port Harcourt in two years too.

“The project signed is in the budget and we are at the point of execution. We have signed the formal contract with CCECC and once we get the blessing from China Exim Bank, we will commence construction and we are paying 15 per cent of the contract as counterpart funding”.
Commenting on the Abuja- Kaduna railway project, the minister said the government will purchase more coaches in order to accommodate passenger.
He said: “The testrun has commenced but we have to hear from the president to know when the official ceremony will take place. We are not collecting money yet because we said we will collect money from the day the President flags it off.
So Ndi igbo, who is your real enemny. Why should these useless senators continue to make us believe that Buhari hates US. That APC is against ndi igbo. What can PDP tell Ndi igbo that is what they did for US. We are wiser now. Look at the massive work going on at Enugu-onitsha expressway, look at Enugu-port Harcourt road being handled by Setraco. Look at Owerri-Port Harcourt road, the massive work going on, courtesy of President Buhari and APC. Yes, in terms of appointment, it may not have favoured us, but in projects, it has. Check out the new design for second Niger Bridge, this rail that will pass through onitsha has a route route to asaba,agbor and Benin.
We know PDP members agbor dress doing everything possible to discredit APC in south East, we the youths will not agborndrellow them. Never again shall we make that costly mistake of 2015. Below is the design for the rail route.
Paschal Candle writes from Abuja.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by limeta(f): 10:02am On May 19, 2017
Talk is cheap

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by DaniDani(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2017
Chai, you deserves to be castrated .... And you want me to believe that you are an Igbo with Igbo blood and soul in you? No, you are not, you are an enemy of Igbos.. So you typed all these with sane mind, or where you drugged?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by PREBuhari2019: 10:43am On May 19, 2017
na hunger go kill una
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by Wolfbrother(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2017
DaniDani:
Chai, you deserves to be castrated .... And you want me to believe that you are an Igbo with Igbo blood and soul in you? No, you are not, you are an enemy of Igbos.. So you typed all these with sane mind, or where you drugged?

Tribe is all you people know

8 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by Sammiejokes(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2017
Is all the express way mentioned truly being constructed. Infact buhari and Fashola is a fool for doing what the slave of the north could not do. I dey vex, someone just informed me the Enugu Pirtharcort road is almost completed. As an afonja am really angry.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by bakynes(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2017
You see when people are filled with hate, they refuse to reason objectively that is what is wrong with most igbos.

I kept on telling them the Rail map of the Lagos-Calabar Rail line Ameachi released last year cut across some major towns in the South East but they kept calling me Afonja devil.

When in fact it is Senator Abaribe that has failed to do some checks on the route of the Lagos-Calabar rail line.

This makes the senator grossly incompetent not doing some findings but coming to the floor of the Senate to make false claims.

8 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by PearlStreet(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2017
DaniDani:

Are you trying to say an Igbo man can not say the truth unless he is drugged or he is insane?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by paramakina202: 12:23pm On May 19, 2017
bakynes:
You see when people are filled with hate, they refuse to reason objectively that is what is wrong with most igbos.

I kept on telling them the Rail map of the Lagos-Calabar Rail line Ameachi released last year cut across some major towns in the South East but they kept calling me Afonja devil.

When in fact it is Senator Abaribe that has failed to do some checks on the route of the Lagos-Calabar rail line.

This makes the senator grossly incompetent not doing some findings but coming to the floor of the Senate to make false claims.

So you know more than the senators who agreed with Abaribe that SE was excluded from the project based on document submitted to them?
Don't you think the sanator should know more details of this project more than yourself?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by bakynes(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2017
paramakina202:

So you know more than the senators who agreed with Abaribe that SE was excluded from the project based on document submitted to them?
Don't you think the sanator should know more details of this project more than yourself?
The Federal ministry of Transportation just released a statement saying "The SE wasn't excluded from the National rail line" and also released the Rail map showing the Lagos to Calabar rail line cutting across Aba and Onitsha.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by paramakina202: 12:40pm On May 19, 2017
bakynes:

The Federal ministry of Transportation just released a statement saying "The SE wasn't excluded from the National rail line" and also released the Rail map showing the Lagos to Calabar rail line cutting across Aba and Onitsha.

Nigeria senate is ignorant of what is going on then (i don't believe it)because this is not just about Senator Abaribe they all agreed with him over the exclusion of SE in that said project.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by osita76(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2017
DaniDani:
My man leave the man I know him very well he was born and brought up in Onitsha he is from Orlu Imo state, that is his problem his sense of reasoning has been beclouded by political interest, this is the same man that is campaigning for Tony Nwoye in the forthcoming Anambra state governorship election, in fact I pity the man because he doesn't know what he is doing to himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by bakynes(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2017
paramakina202:

Nigeria senate is ignorant of what is going on then (i don't believe it)because this is not just about Senator Abaribe they all agreed with him over the exclusion of SE in that said project.

I think its about the phase completion of the project, maybe the SE rail line will not be completed at the first phase of the project.

I was wondering why the Federal Ministry of Transportation has a Rail map cutting across Aba and Onitsha and the Senators won't have access to such information.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by Amarabae(f): 1:07pm On May 19, 2017
Nonsense. They are pained that Abaribe stopped the rail debt approval.
South East don't need a "pass through" excuse, SE need a rail that will begin in onitsha and end in Aba. Simple

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by GMan650(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2017
The problem with the South-Easterners is they've been blinded with their quest for Biafra so they're always looking for ways to justify their quest. Whenever the 'zoo' is doing good to them, they either turn it into poor criticism or ignore but when they feel 'marginalised', you'll hear them screaming on top of their voices.

Worst of it all is when an Easterner appointed into a FG portfolio tries to defend the FG, they turn such person to a bastard. Any Eastern NLer that also defends FG is also a bastard.

I wonder when they'll outgrow this 'hatred' character and dump their sense of entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by cornelin(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2017
some regions are getting almost all their commercial cities and towns captured and you are happy about a mere transition to Aba and Onitsha. What happens to other south east economic hub like Nnewi, Owerri, Enugu etc. The design has to be revisited period!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by cornelin(m): 1:46pm On May 19, 2017
GMan650:
The problem with the South-Easterners is they've been blinded with their quest for Biafra so they're always looking for ways to justify their quest. Whenever the 'zoo' is doing good to them, they either turn it into poor criticism or ignore but when they feel 'marginalised', you'll hear them screaming on top of their voices.

Worst of it all is when an Easterner appointed into a FG portfolio tries to defend the FG, they turn such person to a bastard. Any Eastern NLer that also defends FG is also a bastard.

I wonder when they'll outgrow this 'hatred' character and dump their sense of entitlement.

Is southwest paying more in the loan than southeast? Why not have Lagos and Ibadan as the only places captured in the entire southwest then come and shine your teeth on Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by GMan650(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2017
cornelin:

Is southwest paying more in the loan than southeast? Why not have Lagos and Ibadan as the only places captured in the entire southwest then come and shine your teeth on Nairaland.

You lack comprehension skills
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by telleyway: 2:07pm On May 19, 2017
Hatred is the worst enemy of humanity, it closes your sense of reasoning, makes everything looks suspicious to you, even good morning. Woke up children of hatred.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by agaba77: 2:31pm On May 19, 2017
afonja shutup
PASCHAL28:

Today, print media and social media was hot because of what Senatorial Abaribe said about the loan which Federal Government intended to obtain for the construction of Lagos-calabar coastal Rail project valued at 11.117 Billion dollars.
Senator threatened fire and what have you, but to me he is seeking cheap popularity. I said so because these senators are not doing anything for the south-east. On issues, they try to let us know that Buhari hate Ndi igbo, but in actual fact, it is these Senators and PDP that hates us so much.
This rail project in question was awarded by Ex-president Goodluck Azikiwe Ebelechukwu. Where were Ike Ekweremmadu, Abaribe actual nd others when Goodluck awarded this contract.
The Federal Government initially awarded this contract to China Civil Engineering Construction Company during former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration at the rate of $11.917billion, but was renegotiated to $11.117 billion following the drop in prices of some commodities by President Buhari when he visited China. Thereby saving for Nigerian government the sum of 800 Million Dollars, that is PDP govt style of contract.
In the renegotiated price, the Nigerian government will take care of 15 per cent of the counterpart funding of the entire project that is expected to be completed in two years.
Speaking in Abuja during the signing of the MoU, the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, said: “This contract was awarded by the President Goodluck Jonathan regime at $11.917 billion and when we took over as the Ministry of Transportation, we negotiated with CCECC and succeeded in reducing the contract sum from $11.917 billion to $11.117 billion.

“We are able to save $800million after negotiation with CCECC and that has to do with the fact that CCECC said prices of commodities like steel and other things have come down and there was need to bring down the prices of those things.
“So, our gathering is to sign same contract but with different price and to make it legal from the initial price to the negotiated price”, he said.
The minister also disclosed that the first segment of the project will commence as soon as discussion is finalised with China Exim Bank.
Now, see the route where this project or rail will cover. From the start, which is the first segment, the Minister said, “The first segment of the project, which is Calabar, Uyo, Abba and Port Harcourt and which would include all the seaports on the route will commence after discussion with China Exim Bank.
“Meanwhile, the entire contract covers Calabar, Uyo, Aba, Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Otuoke, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ore, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Lagos, and we believe that it will head to the Lagos Seaport to ensure that all the tracks terminate at the seaports we currently have in Nigeria”.
On when the project will be ready, Amaechi said: “My expectation is that the project can be completed in two years since funding won’t be a problem. We will conclude Lagos to Ibadan in two years and conclude Calabar to Port Harcourt in two years too.

“The project signed is in the budget and we are at the point of execution. We have signed the formal contract with CCECC and once we get the blessing from China Exim Bank, we will commence construction and we are paying 15 per cent of the contract as counterpart funding”.
Commenting on the Abuja- Kaduna railway project, the minister said the government will purchase more coaches in order to accommodate passenger.
He said: “The testrun has commenced but we have to hear from the president to know when the official ceremony will take place. We are not collecting money yet because we said we will collect money from the day the President flags it off.
So Ndi igbo, who is your real enemny. Why should these useless senators continue to make us believe that Buhari hates US. That APC is against ndi igbo. What can PDP tell Ndi igbo that is what they did for US. We are wiser now. Look at the massive work going on at Enugu-onitsha expressway, look at Enugu-port Harcourt road being handled by Setraco. Look at Owerri-Port Harcourt road, the massive work going on, courtesy of President Buhari and APC. Yes, in terms of appointment, it may not have favoured us, but in projects, it has. Check out the new design for second Niger Bridge, this rail that will pass through onitsha has a route route to asaba,agbor and Benin.
We know PDP members agbor dress doing everything possible to discredit APC in south East, we the youths will not agborndrellow them. Never again shall we make that costly mistake of 2015. Below is the design for the rail route.
Paschal Candle writes from Abuja.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by ejanla077: 4:17pm On May 19, 2017
e yoruba muslims re pained that d flattties stopped dis loan......
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by 7lives: 5:06pm On May 19, 2017
bakynes:

They need to wail as usual, ABA and Onisha are in Jigawa state.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by KratosCorp: 5:41pm On May 19, 2017
A hungry rat ironically thinks he has more political information than the leader of senate caucus, and the entire senate who affirmed Mr. Abaribe's observation. Stupidity is really comic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by infohenry(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2017
DaniDani:
Keep quite, name one project executed by Pdp government in igbo land and stop being stupid politics is not for emotional unstable people. Eziokwu na elu ilu.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by momonny: 6:33pm On May 19, 2017
FLAT HEAD
KratosCorp:
A hungry rat ironically thinks he has more political information than the leader of senate caucus, and the entire senate who affirmed Mr. Abaribe's observation. Stupidity is really comic.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by FUNNYBONE1(m): 6:52pm On May 19, 2017
Wait i no understand, so out of all d states in d SE, 3 was merely by-passed and dis afonja is here claimin we shuld bury our heads in shame?' CHAI OP, EVEN FOOLS MARVEL AT YOUR FOOLISHNESS

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by tinsel: 8:25pm On May 19, 2017
paramakina202:

Don't mind the senators. They know, but are just playing politics.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by obailala(m): 9:04pm On May 19, 2017
The last time I checked, the rail passes only Aba and not Onitsha. The Onitsha-Agbor-Benin spur is only a 'future' extension.

A salient point the Op has raised however is the fact that the very same people crucifying Buhari/APC for daring to construct a railway which passes only one south eastern city, these very same people actually hail GEJ as a 'heaven sent' hero despite the fact that the concept of this railway was conceived under PDP.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by ojobek: 9:13pm On May 19, 2017
So if senator abaribe is wrong then senator from lagos state who said government is continuum before others shouted at him is also wrong.OP BE WISE.dis is 9ja.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by Ballmer: 9:33pm On May 19, 2017
Amarabae:
Nonsense. They are pained that Abaribe stopped the rail debt approval.
South East don't need a "pass through" excuse, SE need a rail that will begin in onitsha and end in Aba. Simple

It seems you do not have functional brain. Which of the rail route starts n end within a single region without linking another. It's pathetic you think a PDP senator can stop a bill in APC majority house. I will be here to prove how demented your demand of rail to begin and end within Biafra is after this bill as been passed without a single rail added to the east.
Re: Senator Abaribe And Pdp Senators From South East Should Bury Their Heads In Sham by modik(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2017
paramakina202:

Were you there?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos, South South Minorities Are NOT Partaking In Your Sit-at-home. / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Biafrans To Come Back Home / Again, I Warn, Hausa Is Gone, Only Igbo And Yoruba Can End Fulani Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.