Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

LAUTECH: What A Time To Be Alive? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH: What A Time To Be Alive? (399 Views)

History: 536 AD Was The Worst Year To Be Alive / One Pandemic At A Time, Fans Troll Veteran Actress / LAUTECH Operates 97 Different Bank Accounts – Osun Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH: What A Time To Be Alive? by UTILITYMAY(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2017
What a time to be alive!!!
The Facebook pictures showing an Obituary of prof Sulaiman Gbadegesin brought my leave from facebook to an untimely end. The gallantry nature and Alutaistic bravery of our ever gallant Ladokites deserves a trending tag by world leaders and activists. We have seen political cases receive a global attention before and I do not see a reason why LAUTECH case should be different. When the Chibok girls were abducted, it was an humanitarian issue as world leaders saw it as a strategy of the perpetrators to discourage women Education.Hence #bringbackourgirls was launched. The situation in LAUTECH is pathetic because it involves two governors who have lost their humanly heart (do you remember constituted authority?) and the helpless student population. While Ajimobi is full of ego and hatred for Nigerian educational systems, his Osun counterpart is an opportunist and a drama king who believes in putting money where he can be paid back. Aregbesola constructed Osogbo govt High school with a whopping 1.3billion naira, a project that is ill timed and also over rated considering the current economic challenges of the state due to his mismanagement and lack of critical thinking skills. Aregbesola will not Fund Lautech because there won't be a ceremony for him to dance his shameful palongo dance.
I salute the students for barring JAMB candidates( when some people have remained in a level for 3 years, why should others be allowed to fall victim?) it shows that the Aluta blood in every ladokite is still running.
However, I believe Prof Gbadegesin has contributed his quota. I appreciate his past efforts at ensuring LAUTECH returns to the glory days but I have some questions for him;
why is a school with over 40,000 students battling with workers' pay?
what happened to LAUTECH ventures I.e bakery, honey and lautech farms. No returns?
If the Management under prof Gbadegesin cannot manage the resources of the institution, he belongs to the Pharaoh class of Ajimobi and Aregbesola, hence, the students are justified in celebrating your Obituary.
To the NANS executives, I want you to know that an injustice to one is an injustice to all. This current crisis rocking LAUTECH is a slap on student unionism and a question on your leadership.
To my dear Ladokites, I speak Alutaprophetically and I declare that soon, all Pharaoh holding you down will die with their hosts. Let us keep going,for the victory is near and those who intimidate us with power will soon be checkmated with shame.
Viva Aluta from LHML OBAMAREP.
follow @oluobamzy on twitter

#Copied...

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: What A Time To Be Alive? by fizzy4luv(m): 4:27pm On May 19, 2017
I agree with points raised on the two visitors of the institutions, those guys in saner climes would have been impeached for failing to rise up to be counted. What is even embarrassing is the deafening public silence of the chancellor of the Ivory Tower, who is a well celebrated political juggernaut,i find it ridiculous to accept that he can't step in to resolve matters amicably for academical work to go on smoothly. Why hold the post if you can't function ?

However your aspersions on the person of the Vice Chancellor is where i go North with you. That man class of breed is uncommon,infact going by what he meet on ground, that school should have been grounded since 2012/2013 academic session if not for his prudence style and commitment to ensure running expenses are paid. In fact being an alumni of the school particularly of the quoted set, i will forever be grateful he was the one holding the reins,albeit acting capacity. Your mention of using proceeds from school bakery,honey, farms etc to run a university that was once the best State University for two times consequently to me is an illusion. mere looking at the outstanding debt profile should tell you that Universities thrive on huge investment especially a Technological oriented school.

Personally i think Osun government should divest from the school, it's obvious despite assurances from Oyinlola and Aregbesola, the State can't cope with running Lautech and UniOsun simultaneously even though that of Lautech is shared with Oyo State. An MOU should be drafted between the two states on how the interest of Osun will be protected( Lecturers and students of Osun Origin) while a committee should be saddled with how the assets will be shared amicably within the two states. Any other solution i bet you will only be transient and won't last long especially with the economic situation of both states especially Osun.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abia State University Fees / DCICN 200-150 Questions Dumps - Hidden Benefits You Should Know / 18 June Csir Ugc Net Answer Key 2017 - Joint Csir Ugc Net June 2017 All Subjects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.