Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,645 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar (52162 Views)

Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. / Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River / Ben Ayade Watches As Lady Sews Face Mask In Garment Factory In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by slimthugchimee(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2017
tdayof:

The blogger is damn dumb.. That's a friendly visit.
Don't underestimate the Nigerian navy. The Nigerian navy herself is bigger than all naval power in West and Central African countries.

tdayof just ignore the whole thing, its not something new for Nigerians to wallow in ignorance
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by slimthugchimee(m): 9:42am On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

What has d "blogger" got to do with our naval commander admitting dey have not been briefed about their mission yet? It's clearly a friendly visit because we are discussing it now. D Navy has admitted dey don't know d mission of d WARSHIP yet even though its a friendly one. Is it normal dat a nation's navy "welcomed" a WARSHIP dey have no idea what it's mission is? Emphasis on d WARSHIP...

its not even a warship you dumbo, Cameroon has no warship, its an IPV, and read well it said, not fully briefied.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Pain(m): 9:50am On May 20, 2017
Just call it a test run on our territorial integrity and defence capability. Go live ...
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by diymba: 9:58am On May 20, 2017
there are other ships in equatorial Guinea and Congo. today is our national day I heard it on television so I decided to check what Nigerians think about it..

for those warmongers the Nigerian army may be large and frightening but it is grossly inefficient and undisciplined.. U guys always brag of marching to Yaoundé in a week.but flee from the ill arm, ill train boko haram..what of a well organise Cameroon?.. How long did it take you guys to defeat Biafra? despite help from Cameroon with the blockade. imagine if we allowed resources to flow into Biafra.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by emmanuel2015: 10:01am On May 20, 2017
folarinmiles:
Shaarap. Na so u take mumu reach
ur own they follow buhari
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by NorthernParrot: 10:10am On May 20, 2017
Adiola:
i wish its an unfriendly visit so that the strength of the so called giant of Africa ll be tested
when that happens, i pray u and ur family to be part of the casualty
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Nbote(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2017
slimthugchimee:

its not even a warship you dumbo, Cameroon has no warship, its an IPV, and read well it said, not fully briefied.

And it's ur fadas report dat wrote IPV instead of warship as d newspaper reported abi?? Read d newspaper heading, d OP's heading and den tell me who's dumber.. U think throwing insults make u any smarter
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by slimthugchimee(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

And it's ur fadas report dat wrote IPV instead of warship as d newspaper reported abi?? Read d newspaper heading, d OP's heading and den tell me who's dumber.. U think throwing insults make u any smarter

sorry for the insults but the two largest so called warships Cameroon has are both OPVs and IPVs in the class of Nigerian built IPV NNS KARADUWA, So you can see that the writeup and the topic are both total garbage
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Siscooh: 10:37am On May 20, 2017
bantudark1:

its impossible to separate cameroon,liberia,ghana,mali,ivory coast and others from nigeria....

their was a reason why bakassi was handed over to cameroon without a fight....

those people still dont understand that ecowas is a country...nigeria is just a region in ecowas...

Cameroon is the head of CEMAC... West African states. We are not in Ecowas..... In the past Cameroon was West Africa but we were moved to CEMAC but our relationship with Nigeria is strong and should have been stronger than Ghana But for our 80% French culture and language. Cameroon and Nigeria are brothers.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Nbote(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2017
slimthugchimee:

sorry for the insults but the two largest so called warships Cameroon has are both OPVs and IPVs in the class of Nigerian built IPV NNS KARADUWA, So you can see that the writeup and the topic are both total garbage

The issue isn't d type of ship or how big it is.. It's d fact dat d Naval commanding officer of d eastern wateva admitted to not knowing their mission yet
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by SmartyPants(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

If U think a WARSHIP is d same as a cruise ship or fishing boat den U clearly don't know anything about security.. A WARSHIP was received with d Navy Chief in charge of d region admitting to not knowing their mission? Some of U jus make comments without thinking first.. Try driving a couple of Army Tanks towards d Cameroonian border without informing dem on why u're coming and see what would happen first.

Will you shut up?!

Like I said you do not know anything. It is impossible for a warship from anywhere to dock without the knowledge and permission of the naval authorities. The problem is that you do not even know the meaning of the word dock.

Your comment does not even relate to my post. Idiot
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by SmartyPants(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2017
diymba:
there are other ships in equatorial Guinea and Congo. today is our national day I heard it on television so I decided to check what Nigerians think about it..

for those warmongers the Nigerian army may be large and frightening but it is grossly inefficient and undisciplined.. U guys always brag of marching to Yaoundé in a week.but flee from the ill arm, ill train boko haram..what of a well organise Cameroon?.. How long did it take you guys to defeat Biafra? despite help from Cameroon with the blockade. imagine if we allowed resources to flow into Biafra.

Try to sound intelligent. The Nigerian army of 2014 was grossly under equipped due to corruption. But since 2015 we have pummeled boko haram so to sieze on that to somehow infer that your military is better is laughable. A well educated secondary school student wouldn't make such poor logical deduction.

As for bringing the biafra war if 50 years ago... Again, try to have sense.

I tell you, only Nigerias Mobile police force alone can sack Yaoundé in under 5 days. Go and read history to learn What general Abacha did to your arses when you tried to misbehave over the bakassi peninsula.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Nbote(m): 11:24am On May 20, 2017
SmartyPants:

Will you shut up?!

Like I said you do not know anything. It is impossible for a warship from anywhere to dock without the knowledge and permission of the naval authorities. The problem is that you do not even know the meaning of the word dock.

Your comment does not even relate to my post. Idiot

A ship docking isnt d issue but I don't expect ur brains to know what it means for a ship to dock without d Naval command in d country aware of why. Anyway go and write ur jamb.. Let us know wen ur result is out... I don't know u from Adam and don't think I can insult u any more dan nature has done...
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by HenryLiverpool(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2017
Biafra declaration day on point....don't be panic.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by decatalyst(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2017
Siscooh:

Funny!!! We no fit do war with Nigeria because Southern Cameroon and Nigeria dey related from Cross River right up to Taraba and Beyond. The mix and inter-Marriage between Nigeria and Cameroon you can't imagine. See Emem Isong for example. She is known because of her celebrity status. Can't happen soon.

I really hope so

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by fakati(m): 11:52am On May 20, 2017
Something is really wrong with our entire system no permission no notice before arriving on our territorial waters for whatever purpose can we do same on their territory without prior notice?

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by SmartyPants(m): 11:52am On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

A ship docking isnt d issue but I don't expect ur brains to know what it means for a ship to dock without d Naval command in d country aware of why. Anyway go and write ur jamb.. Let us know wen ur result is out... I don't know u from Adam and don't think I can insult u any more dan nature has done...

You would only think a ship docking is not the issue because you don't have sense.

If the naval authority permitted the ship to dock then it means they are confident that it is here on friendly terms, and even if it were not here on friendly terms Cameroun does not possess any vessel that is remotely threatening to Nigeria's Navy.

It is like driving a police car to an army barracks. Of course they will let you in because they have no reason to fear you and then you will explain your mission.

Try to be smart.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Etetejake(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2017
Nbote:
Jus imagine how porous our waterways borders and d military are... A naval warship from anoda country docked and already received their ambassador and our navy still have no idea why dey are here?? Which kind mumu ppl b dis sef.. If na war now dem don overun calabar and d south south already ooo.. How can d navy not b aware of why a WARSHIP is docked on their waters for heavens sake whether friendly or not?? So na to wait till d ship reach here den find out if its friendly abi... Choiii

Lalasticlala jus negodu...

They could be testing how strong or porous our border is and they just succeded in finding out how stupid and careless our navy is. They are not supposed to be let to land at all.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by bantudark1: 12:30pm On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

If U think a WARSHIP is d same as a cruise ship or fishing boat den U clearly don't know anything about security.. A WARSHIP was received with d Navy Chief in charge of d region admitting to not knowing their mission? Some of U jus make comments without thinking first.. Try driving a couple of Army Tanks towards d Cameroonian border without informing dem on why u're coming and see what would happen first.

we already have a military cooperation with cameroon....remember??.....
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by bantudark1: 12:35pm On May 20, 2017
Siscooh:
Cameroon is the head of CEMAC... West African states. We are not in Ecowas..... In the past Cameroon was West Africa but we were moved to CEMAC but our relationship with Nigeria is strong and should have been stronger than Ghana But for our 80% French culture and language. Cameroon and Nigeria are brothers.

cemac,ecowas,ecomog....its all the same....

cameroon cannot separate from nigeria,not possible....we have many ties even if they speak french.............

and cameroon has separatist igbo like tribes too....
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Nbote(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2017
bantudark1:

And dat means d other country can visit with their military hardware without notice as to why abi? Abeg make we call a spade a spade..
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by bantudark1: 3:40pm On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

And dat means d other country can visit with their military hardware without notice as to why abi? Abeg make we call a spade a spade..

nigeria is more stronger than you think...

because we see ourselfs as the bigger brother and let things slide doesnt mean we can not bite.....

nigeria has many warrior like tribes that only understand how to fight........

cameroon has no chance against us in a conventional war...our military is based on conventional war....face to face.....

we have many that are not afraid of death...!!!!....

it makes no sense to hype this matter up....

we outnumber the cameroonians in manpower anyways...

and we have alot of weapons....maybe not the newest hightech weapons,but their are enough bullets laying around in nigeria...
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by toastedbread: 7:22pm On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

U think dis is 24 abi? Hope u read where d navy commander opened his mouth to admit dey are still yet to be briefed on why a WARSHIP came visiting. Even if dey didn't know which is totally wrong in the first place, admitting such is embarrassing in itself..

what if he's already had the intel but chose to feign ignorance? sometimes you've got to play a fool to give your opponent a fools mate. IJS.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by Nbote(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2017
toastedbread:

what if he's already had the intel but chose to feign ignorance? sometimes you've got to play a fool to give your opponent a fools mate. IJS.

Whether he has d Intel or not, was he pressured to comment about d ship's mission? No b every information army dey divulge and admitting to not knowing their mission is totally unacceptable..
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by diymba: 10:05am On May 21, 2017
SmartyPants:

Try to sound intelligent. The Nigerian army of 2014 was grossly under equipped due to corruption. But since 2015 we have pummeled boko haram so to sieze on that to somehow infer that your military is better is laughable. A well educated secondary school student wouldn't make such poor logical deduction.

I tell you, only Nigerias Mobile police force alone can sack Yaoundé in under 5 days. Go and read history to learn What general Abacha did to your arses when you tried to misbehave over the bakassi peninsula.
aha I read one article in which Nigerian army drag nigerians on mud by claiming they pushed Cameroonian soldiers to some few km away from Yaoundé.. I love the way Nigerians are correctly misinform...
I think the Cameroonian gendarme alone can humble Nigeria..look at the south east of Nigeria.kidnappers,pirates, arm groups are operating with impunity.. I think you guys need the services of the Cameroonian gendarme..our terror units will humble them in 5 days
I don't see how soldiers who flee from boko haram can think of fighting Cameroon..
we also know the outcome of a war is does not depend on the battle field alone..diplomatically Nigeria is inferior to Cameroon.. we can still pull the same stunt we pulled on you guys over bakassi..look our warship used your waters as if it is a free space..am waiting to see when a Nigerian warship will cross over to Cameroon uninvited or without notification
I read an article in which Nigerian police were protesting their transfer to the north where there is boko haram..Cameroonian soldiers are begging to be transfer up north where there is boko haram..
Nigerian army is always winning wars on paper.. killing shekau every day lol.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by SmartyPants(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2017
diymba:
aha I read one article in which Nigerian army drag nigerians on mud by claiming they pushed Cameroonian soldiers to some few km away from Yaoundé.. I love the way Nigerians are correctly misinform...
I think the Cameroonian gendarme alone can humble Nigeria..look at the south east of Nigeria.kidnappers,pirates, arm groups are operating with impunity.. I think you guys need the services of the Cameroonian gendarme..our terror units will humble them in 5 days
I don't see how soldiers who flee from boko haram can think of fighting Cameroon..
we also know the outcome of a war is does not depend on the battle field alone..diplomatically Nigeria is inferior to Cameroon.. we can still pull the same stunt we pulled on you guys over bakassi..look our warship used your waters as if it is a free space..am waiting to see when a Nigerian warship will cross over to Cameroon uninvited or without notification
I read an article in which Nigerian police were protesting their transfer to the north where there is boko haram..Cameroonian soldiers are begging to be transfer up north where there is boko haram..
Nigerian army is always winning wars on paper.. killing shekau every day lol.

With regards to the bolded:

1. You are correct in saying you "think". Since in fact one can scour the entire collection of history books in all the libraries in the world, and one will not find a single instance of Camerounian troops of any kind whether they be gendarmes or soldiers, ever successfully winning any sort of battle.

2. Sadly, your country does not even possess a solitary warship. The so-called warship that arrived in Calabar was a mere patrol boat. Reasonable beings can see that had it been that glorified canoe was in Nigerian waters on a hostile mission, by now it would be resting in the cradle of the ocean floors, sadly, along with its occupants.

As a matter of fact, may i inform you that Nigeria is the only country anywhere in West Africa with fully functional warships. Even those who presume themselves to be our closest rivals, Ghana, do not have them.

3. You have compared Nigerian police with Cameroonian soldiers. Again, even a moderately well-educated secondary school girl would not make such a poor logical composition. Further, where is the evidence that Cameroonian soldiers are begging to be sent to the warfront? produce just one article to prove it

Concerning the general truth:

In the history of conflict between Nigeria and Cameroon, Nigeria has always dominated, inflicting embarrassing defeat on what you Cameroonians would call soldiers.
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2017
Haishophem:

The waterways are not as porous as you imagined. I believe the warship is on a friendly mission. FYI, there is constant navy patrol along calabar channel while the presence of Nigerian naval warship on the high sea would have done the needful had it been the said warship is not on a friendly visit.
you just read the post. the Nigerian authorities didn't know the reason for the visit. in saner clines, you can't move a military vehicle into that country without notifying them first. this country is a mess
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2017
SmartyPants:

don't make it sound like the army has become better equipped. the only arm of the military that has been upgrading their fleet is the navy. the army and air force has been revelling in antiquity. truth be told, if the Cameroonians were really on a hostile mission, we would've been taken unawares, and they would've used that element of surprise to their advantage.
I'm tired of our stupidity in this country. we're too busy being divided along religious and ethnic lines
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2017
bantudark1:

lolz. don't count on this. when it comes to International relations, there's no friend and no foe, only interests matter
Re: Cameroon Sends War Ship To Calabar by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:16pm On May 21, 2017
diymba:

Don't mind the imbeciles ,Nigerians will never cease to antagonize us ,despite Cameroonbeing the only reason there still exists a Nigeria if it wasn't for our blockade as you rightly put Nigeria would have been history with Cameroon probably getting extra territory. Due to our blockade Supplies to the Biafra side had to come all the way from Ivory Coast and Gabon to some extent ...ungrateful zealots .... as for military might and prowess,their rag tag scout boys is no match to our army they should check the causality in bakassi if everything was easy Nigerian would have n ver agreed to go to court,we beat them on the field and the fact that we value life led us to bring the case in an international court ,we were not going to fight a decade long war over something that belongs to us .
Cameroon army will smash and outflank the Nigeria mercenaries at any given moment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke And Omisore Pictured Together / Jonathan's 5 Horrible Acts Since Losing The Presidential Election / Picture Of Zahra And Yusuf Buhari Campaigning For PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.