Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 (2832 Views)

Kid Crashes Dad's ₦26.6m Shelby GT350R To Show Off / 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Has 760-HP More Than Hellcat / Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by ivoryhouse(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2017
Hey people, I've always loved muscle cars and I have been looking at the 2016 dodge charger scat pack. However, modern muscle cars don't give me that tingle so I started looking for the tingle. I found it, in the 1968-1970 ford mustang shelby gt500 with the 427/428/429 cobra jet engine. However,some folks believe the modern ford mustang gt500 with well over 500 ponies and lots of bells and whistles cut it for them. They however agree that the 60's shelby mustangs have passion as against the 20's shelby mustangs. I'd really love for those who have driven them to share the experience. What do guys think, old or new? TGIF

1 Share

Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by Jakumo(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2017
Back in the day I owned a 1965 Mustang with the standard 289 cubic inch V8 engine. Logged many a freeway mile in Southern California in that old car, and got issued a few speeding tickets in my day too ha ha.

Had her painted metallic grey and was close to tears when I finally had to sell her on account of being a broke-asz college student in need of funds quick. That wedge body shape is timeless, and I would definitely buy another 1965 Mustang today if I could find one that did not cost an arm and a leg, now that they are certified classics.
Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by jodeci01: 5:54pm On May 20, 2017
Haven't driven any but the 70's is a classic people with taste would give an arm/leg for. Sadly, such cars go unappreciated over here in Nigeria. If I spotted that in traffic over here in Nigeria, would probably come out of my car, walk up to you with a salute n thumbs-up. You already know the answer -follow your heart.

Nigerians know little about muscle cars and majority would go for 20's new look. Hell,some people will think you referring to the 07-11 Toyota Camry nicknamed muscle and start wondering when Ford made muscle lol!
Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by ivoryhouse(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
Jakumo:
Back in the day I owned a 1965 Mustang with the standard 289 cubic inch V8 engine. Logged many a freeway mile in Southern California in that old car, and got issued a few speeding tickets in my day too ha ha.

Had her painted metallic grey and was close to tears when I finally had to sell her on account of being a broke-asz college student in need of funds quick. That wedge body shape is timeless, and I would definitely buy another 1965 Mustang today if I could find one that did not cost an arm and a leg, now that they are certified classics.
wow, I can imagine the feeling of selling a beloved 'baby'..thanks for sharing
Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by ivoryhouse(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2017
jodeci01:
Haven't driven any but the 70's is a classic people with taste would give an arm/leg for. Sadly, such cars go unappreciated over here in Nigeria. If I spotted that in traffic over here in Nigeria, would probably come out of my car, walk up to you with a salute n thumbs-up. You already know the answer -follow your heart.

Nigerians know little about muscle cars and majority would go for 20's new look. Hell,some people will think you referring to the 07-11 Toyota Camry nicknamed muscle and start wondering when Ford made muscle lol!
LOL grin grin@"..when ford made muscle lol".. grin grin
The truth is i would prefer it with a manual tranny, no super chargers and no turbo chargers neither do i want any Nitrous.. Lol! And there are a of Nigerians that appreciate a well loved and maintained classic. Moreover the mustang shelby Gt500 stands out so you sorta wonder how this 'old' car sounds like its on steroids..
Will Nlanders that own or have driven classic muscle cars please share their experience, driving impressions, maintenance et al..especially if the cars are in Nigeria grin
Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by Jakumo(m): 1:38pm On May 21, 2017
I got an amusing story about the 1969 Chevy Camaro that I bought in South Pomona from an ex-con looking guy with lots of tattoos, who swore that he had misplaced the pink slip, but was the legit owner of the vehicle nonetheless.

I set aside my suspicions that the car might be stolen, because the asking price was the princely sum of $200, which I hurriedly forked over in cash right away, as soon as he fired up that 327 cubic inch Chevy V8 motor and I got to hear the beast rumble and roar. She needed brakes, and a new paint job, but I was still pleased with my "new" classic Chevy find, which I test-drove around for only a couple of days, before it coughed and died suddenly, leaving me with no choice but to park it by the roadside a quarter-mile from my home, at the time located in the Diamond Bar area, which is generally a safe, crime-free suburb.

Anyways, the early the next morning after the day my Camaro broke down, I walked back to where it had been parked by the roadside, only to discover that my beautiful $200 automotive treasure had been stolen during the night, and removed without a trace.

I phoned the police and a sheriff's deputy rolled up to the house in a police cruiser, ready to take down notes about the vehicle I was reporting stolen. When the officer got to the part of his missing vehicle questionnaire where I needed to provide an estimate of the cash value of the stolen car, the officer stopped writing the instant I let him know I had purchased the car for a measly $200.

With a look of barely concealed disgust, the policeman then put away his notebook, and promised me, as he abruptly left the house, that no stone would be left un-turned in the quest to solve the crime I had reported. Needless to say, I never heard back from the police about the progress of their investigation, and of course I never saw my $200 Camaro again.

Here, downloaded from the net, is a picture of a very clean Camaro made in the same year as the one I lost, but in FAR better condition than the beater I bought way back in my poor college student days. Hey, you asked for car stories and I had to tell this one, since I get a chuckle every time I remember that policeman's response to hearing the true value of my stolen '69 Camaro SS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by ivoryhouse(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2017
Jakumo:
I got an amusing story about the 1969 Chevy Camaro that I bought in South Pomona from an ex-con looking guy with lots of tattoos, who swore that he had misplaced the pink slip, but was the legit owner of the vehicle nonetheless.

I set aside my suspicions that the car might be stolen, because the asking price was the princely sum of $200, which I hurriedly forked over in cash right away, as soon as he fired up that 327 cubic inch Chevy V8 motor and I got to hear the beast rumble and roar. She needed brakes, and a new paint job, but I was still pleased with my "new" classic Chevy find, which I test-drove around for only a couple of days, before it coughed and died suddenly, leaving me with no choice but to park it by the roadside a quarter-mile from my home, at the time located in the Diamond Bar area, which is generally a safe, crime-free suburb.

Anyways, the early the next morning after the day my Camaro broke down, I walked back to where it had been parked by the roadside, only to discover that my beautiful $200 automotive treasure had been stolen during the night, and removed without a trace.

I phoned the police and a sheriff's deputy rolled up to the house in a police cruiser, ready to take down notes about the vehicle I was reporting stolen. When the officer got to the part of his missing vehicle questionnaire where I needed to provide an estimate of the cash value of the stolen car, the officer stopped writing the instant I let him know I had purchased the car for a measly $200.

With a look of barely concealed disgust, the policeman then put away his notebook, and promised me, as he abruptly left the house, that no stone would be left un-turned in the quest to solve the crime I had reported. Needless to say, I never heard back from the police about the progress of their investigation, and of course I never saw my $200 Camaro again.

Here, downloaded from the net, is a picture of a very clean Camaro made in the same year as the one I lost, but in FAR better condition than the beater I bought way back in my poor college student days. Hey, you asked for car stories and I had to tell this one, since I get a chuckle every time I remember that policeman's response to hearing the true value of my stolen '69 Camaro SS.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
nice one@$200 camaro grin..lol

2 Likes

Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by akigbemaru: 3:33am On Jul 09, 2018
Jakumo:

Re: 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500 by akigbemaru: 3:34am On Jul 09, 2018
Jakumo:

(1) (Reply)

Are U Leaving Abroad And Needs A Reliable Person To Sell The Things U Send? / Cars Dt Can B Maintained With 10k Monthly / P.IM.P YOUR CAR HERE IN NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.