Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Gbenga Daniel Set For Senate In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Set For Senate In 2011 (893 Views)

Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Set For Senate In 2011 by woye77: 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
Chairman of Sagamu Local Government Area, Hon. Daisi Akintan, has confirmed that Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State will be vying for the Ogun East Senatorial District slot in the 2011 elections.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS, the longest serving council chairman in Ogun State, said there is no iota of truth in the rumour making the rounds that he was eyeing the senate seat in 2011.

Prince Akintan affirmed that his boss would be going for the seat. “There is no truth in the rumour that I will contest the senate seat in 2011. I have the authority to tell you that my boss, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, will be going for the senate, come 2011 and you know he is from my senatorial district. Why should I be competing with my Oga? That is not proper. We are going to rally round him and ensure that he gets there,” he stated.

The soft-spoken council chairman assured further that the development witnessed in the state in the last six years would continue when Otunba Daniel moves to the senate.

“We are all living witnesses to the development brought about by the present administration. We are lucky to have OGD in our senatorial district. So, when he gets to Abuja, I can assure you that he will continue with his laudable programmes and ensure that the district is developed beyond the present level,” he added.

Ogun East Senatorial district comprises nine local governments out of the 20 local governments in Ogun State. The district is presently represented in the Senate by Senator Lekan Mustapha, who sources claim, is still interested in the position

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each / Jonathan Bans Newspaper Congratulatory Messages / Tinubu's Former Aide Assasinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.