Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo (14555 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Primary School Bolori, Maiduguri In Pictures / Breaking News: Prof H.thaler Awarded The 2017 Nobel Economics Prize / Protest At FUOYE Against Malomo, Dean Of Students' Affairs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Nigeriadondie: 7:28am On May 21, 2017
This is useless. All these renaming of institution is crazy. I recall when GEJ attempted to rename UNILAG to MKO University, that stupid criminal of Ohakim renamed Imo State University to Evans Enwerem University and UNIBEN to Samuel Ogbemudia University but nice it was resisted and still retained their names which have become household names largely due to resistance from their students and alumni alike.
The only sad story is the Anambra State University that has now become Odumegwu Ojukwu University. This is madness. Most of the people who are being immortalized never really did so much to contribute to humanity. Because of d low level of our thinking we immortalize people that should be forgotten if possible their place in history should wiped off.
Even if they want to immortalize these people at best name streets, or building blocks not institutions of the state that should be a clear representation of the states where they are.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by KudiratAbiola1(f): 7:29am On May 21, 2017
[s]
kayis4luv:

Why are u talking like this
[/s]
Osinbajo is a bastard vagabond.
kiss the truth
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by kayis4luv: 7:29am On May 21, 2017
KudiratAbiola1:
Osibanjo is a vagabond bastard Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
kiss the truth
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by kayis4luv: 7:30am On May 21, 2017
KudiratAbiola1:
kiss the truth
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by kayis4luv: 7:30am On May 21, 2017
KudiratAbiola1:
kiss the truth
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Ijaya123: 7:36am On May 21, 2017
Nutase:
Who give am dat kind power?

Proceed to Aso Rock. Your question will be answered there.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Gentlehigh: 7:51am On May 21, 2017
FUNAI ASPIRANTS join our whatsapp group through this link https:///14xi1HPnEOHCHnE2F9Kzch
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Boyooosa(m): 8:07am On May 21, 2017
missioner:
Renaming higher institutions after persons is kind of disgusting, most of us felt cool with OAU and ABU only because it been long they renamed them, and the schools have since grown far with it. Renaming a well grown and established school after political juggernuts anyhow is not fair. Rather they should establish a new one in their name if they really want to do there so called immortalization.

We will resist every attempt to rename FUNAAB after Obasanjo, just like Maulag was resisted with alacrity.
I LOVE YOUR POST BUT I PRAY THAT U R STILL IN SCHOOL WHEN OBJ IS GONE SHA...
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Aromas: 8:21am On May 21, 2017
missioner:
Renaming higher institutions after persons is kind of disgusting, most of us felt cool with OAU and ABU only because it been long they renamed them, and the schools have since grown far with it. Renaming a well grown and established school after political juggernuts anyhow is not fair. Rather they should establish a new one in their name if they really want to do there so called immortalization.

We will resist every attempt to rename FUNAAB after Obasanjo, just like Maulag was resisted with alacrity.

People like you are the most coward when the issue arise, As if you can Go through your Google and read more about Gen. Adebayo b4 spliting trash.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by bestpunterever: 8:24am On May 21, 2017
Nutase:
na your papa give ham d power
Children of hate.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Alexis11: 8:31am On May 21, 2017
Aromas:
Son Mummy mo ti ri admission si General Adeyinka Adebayo University.
Mummy Thank God o my son don enter GAAU grin

grin cheesy

grin
Imagine saying this in Yoruba.....

Omo mi ti wo gau cheesy
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by smartiyke78: 8:36am On May 21, 2017
OP.... point of correction. "Cordinator of the government" not vice president according to his boss...

Bur name or not, position or not, evry1 knws he is d tru representative of leadership, democracy nd gud economy not 1 old tierd fool suffering from from a terminal dicease we dont knw!!!

His wicked blood sucking beast brothers can go hang demselvse,,, d truth is dat Osibanjo wears d real cap of governance!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by missioner(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2017
Boyooosa:

I LOVE YOUR POST BUT I PRAY THAT U R STILL IN SCHOOL WHEN OBJ IS GONE SHA...

even if I have graduated, MAULAG cause was championed by their Alumni remember.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by missioner(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2017
Aromas:

People like you are the most coward when the issue arise, As if you can Go through your Google and read more about Gen. Adebayo b4 spliting trash.
Read my post again, this time slowly and carefully... okay?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Crazytrump(m): 8:56am On May 21, 2017
Bro,... Some of these schools that are established are either established by act of Parliament or Act of Executives..The president cannot just wake up one day and decides to change somethings that was established by an Act of Parliament without consulting those people that established it....That was what happened to Maulag.forget about this resisting of a thing.
missioner:

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Aromas: 9:00am On May 21, 2017
Alexis11:

grin cheesy
grin Imagine saying this in Yoruba.....

Omo mi ti wo gau cheesy
thou the general is not attached, but it sounds funny.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Alexis11: 9:01am On May 21, 2017
samtee37:
When you gain admission, you are happy and you tell your friends and family to rejoice with you.
Why.....its either you say
mo ti wo Poly
Mo ti wo Eksu
Mo ti wo Futa etc
Initially it use to be
Mo ti wo Fuoye (that's, have enter. So so so)
But now that Fuoye as been changed to
General Adeyinka Adebayo university,
The trend will be
Mo ti wo Gaau

What is GAAU to you gringrin

Apology to people that are not Yoruba, which might understand most of d words
Apology for speaking your language.... smh
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by omogidi234(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2017
Nutase:

Constitution!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by missioner(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2017
Crazytrump:
Bro,... Some of these schools that are established are either established by act of Parliament or Act of Executives..The president cannot just wake up one day and decides to change somethings that was established by an Act of Parliament without consulting those people that established it....That was what happened to Maulag.forget about this resisting of a thing.
and I guess FUOYE was established by decree and not act of Parliament abi?
egbon what is unhealthy is unhealthy jare...
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by omogidi234(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2017
missioner:

I wish you well when and if it happens! Do you know how many lawyers and SANs that willingly​ rendered their services for free to fight that renaming process? I can count more than 40, that was possible coz they don't want their documents to bear MAULAG, incase they need to pick up documents from the School in Future. grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by missioner(m): 9:25am On May 21, 2017
omogidi234:

I wish you well when and if it happens! Do you know how many lawyers and SANs that willingly​ rendered their services for free to fight that renaming process? I can count more than 40, that was possible coz they don't want their documents to bear MAULAG, incase they need to pick up documents from the School in Future. grin
History shall repeat itself by God's grace!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by basty: 9:51am On May 21, 2017
missioner:

The sons and daughters of the poor never do well people just rant over what they cannot do.
Who is your father in this land?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by missioner(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2017
basty:

The sons and daughters of the poor never do well people just rant over what they cannot do.
Who is your father in this land?
my Father might be quite unknown to chap like you...in as much as nobody in your entire dynasty had ever sniff limelight.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by chiefojiji(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2017
But why didn't they honor him with this when he was still alive Just wondering Sha! Please if you have to honor me, honor me now that I am still alive... Dead know no honor
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by mrww(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Boyooosa(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2017
missioner:

even if I have graduated, MAULAG cause was championed by their Alumni remember.
U R RIGHT, U AV MY SUPPORT.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Tecno66: 11:18am On May 21, 2017
Exactly what the cabal does not want. If Buhari were around, PYO could only have suggested this to PMB who will either approve or disapprove. I am sure the cabal will be in panic mode by now. Hope they wont rush a half well PMB back so that they can become relevant once again.
aboladejohnny:
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday, May 20, announced that the Federal University, Oye Ekiti has been named after late Major General Adeyinka Adebayo.

The university is now Adeyinka Adebayo University, Oye Ekiti.

Osinbajo made this known at the funeral of the former Governor of Old Western State currently holding at Iyin Ekiti, the country home of the General.

Dignitaries at the occasion include Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose: Secretary, Yoruba Council of Elders, Dr Kunle Olajide: former Registrar of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Chief Olu Ajayi: President of Ekitiparapo in Lagos, Chief Esan Ogunleye: former House of Representatives member, Hon Opeyemi Bamidele and and National Assembly member Hon Akin Awodumila among others.

The rites of passage for the late Adebayo, who died on March 8, in a Lagos hospital at the age of 89, began in Lagos on Wednesday and continued in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Thursday before his body was moved to Ekiti State on Friday ahead of burial slated for Iyin Ekiti on Saturday.

Source: an24.net
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by murmee: 11:40am On May 21, 2017
Aromas:
It is AAU and not GAAU!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by kolexy(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2017
Aromas:

Haaaahaaaa....you no well oo
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by kolexy(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2017
samtee37:
When you gain admission, you are happy and you tell your friends and family to rejoice with you.
Why.....its either you say
mo ti wo Poly
Mo ti wo Eksu
Mo ti wo Futa etc
Initially it use to be
Mo ti wo Fuoye (that's, have enter. So so so)
But now that Fuoye as been changed to
General Adeyinka Adebayo university,
The trend will be
Mo ti wo Gaau

What is GAAU to you gringrin

Apology to people that are not Yoruba, which might understand most of d words

Piping?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo by Firgemachar: 12:46pm On May 21, 2017
kayis4luv:

He is rettardded. Ignore!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens When Your Course..is Nt Accredited? / World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life / SHOCKING VIDEO: Rampage Killing Of UNIBEN Students In Benin City Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.