Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival (43591 Views)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 20, 2017
timilehin95:
Yorubas... Best tribe on earth
inferiority complex go kill una, we never start fight una don dey shout.

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by bhankyskillz(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2017
Trailerjammer:
Oba Akiolu be like,
This Ooni sef!
First He send fire to us, Now He come send rain make we no do EYO
Kabiyesi, se someone can not play with you again? grin grin cheesy
hahahahaha
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by giftyechi: 10:23pm On May 20, 2017
coollaughing ;Dlaughing
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by olaniyi0(m): 10:47pm On May 20, 2017
ozonaija:
Over here in the South EAst especially in Imo STATE, it doesn't rain when ever we are in for serious business. The rain is at our command.#theDifferenceIsClear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ask Questions grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
ok, oya lemme go n fry oil
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by CONFAMA: 11:10pm On May 20, 2017
Locked:
Purely Bini culture

This one don lost him brain.... Eeeyah!

cry
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by gosmoney(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2017
Aromas:

Yea rain no dey touch dem b4....
Now de hustle as being hijacked by sharp guys grin
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by suremanpatriot: 12:45am On May 21, 2017
They say no shoe but look at some wearing shoes.
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by MetaPhysical: 2:08am On May 21, 2017
There is nothing spectacular about the rain. Can anyone mention an Eyo Festival on which the whole day remained dry with no downpour? None!
Conversely, we should be alarmed if it did not rain at all on Eyo Day!
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by MetaPhysical: 2:11am On May 21, 2017
padiga047:

Those who show humility in the beginning, end with the gains at the End! This is the wisdom contained in the phrase, he who laughs last, laughs best!

Against the background of this wisdom, that picture of Jagaban says a lot, does it not? grin
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Nobody: 3:29am On May 21, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Those who show humility in the beginning, end with the gains at the End! This is the wisdom contained in the phrase, he who laughs last, laughs best!

Against the background of this wisdom, that picture of Jagaban says a lot, does it not? grin
hahaha, u r just beating around the bush, you can show humility without twisting 240 degrees.

. What I see there is servitude.
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by pressplay411(m): 5:23am On May 21, 2017
MetaPhysical:
There is nothing spectacular about the rain. Can anyone mention an Eyo Festival on which the whole day remained dry with no downpour? None!

We did our little research, it doesn't rain all the time.
This was an embarrassment to say the least.

For those claiming they can stop or dispel rainfall I think it's safe to say it was just lucky coincidence. This of all days, Eyo Festival was the best time to display their powers.
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Mopelawlar(f): 7:21am On May 21, 2017
siie:
Can Christians do this? ..I doubt it sad

Hello give me a break kk, like 4-5 pple dat did d Eyo in my strt re Christians so wat re u saying?
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Mopelawlar(f): 7:21am On May 21, 2017
siie:
Can Christians do this? ..I doubt it sad

Hello give me a break kk, like 4-5 pple dat did d Eyo in my strt re Christians so wat re u saying? angry cheesy
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Mopelawlar(f): 7:25am On May 21, 2017
sad sad shocked[quote author=siie post=56715527] Can Christians do this? ..I doubt it sad [/quote

Giv me a brk plss, like 4-5 pple dat did d Eyo in my strt re Christians so wat re u saying? sad shocked sad
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by timilehin95(m): 10:38am On May 21, 2017
padiga047:
Ur papa nd ur mama wey bring u come dis world go rot for hell. U dey mad? Did i mention any of ur useless ipob fools?

Aw many times have u condemned ur idiotic brodas who post dumb comments about other tribes.

Can't i praise my tribe in peace again?

Is like u are very mad
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by delurgeconsult: 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
Beautiful Lagos. Join our one day road trip/adventure and explore Omu Resort, a beautiful tourist destination in Lagos.

More details here >> http://lekkirepublic.com/explore-republic-join-trip-omu-resort/

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by springtech(m): 4:19pm On May 21, 2017
SMH for olof una.

I smile to the bank weekly.
I live above recession.
Glory be to God.
Check my Signature to know how.
Thank me later
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by lordmans(m): 6:51am On Jun 04, 2017
MetaPhysical:

To d ignorants, it has always rained since d first eyo festival was held in honor of Oba Akitoye, in February 20, 1854. If u partake in d eyo masquerade fully rigged, d eyo must sleep with hs aropale which would b soiled by d dust of Lagos streets couple wit d rain. Otherwise d person will die of body pains. Dat ws d practice in those days n some things v bn modified lately due to influences of Islam n Christianity bt it still rain at d festival.

Hear our praise singing "omo aromi sa legbe legbe". We rejoice at d sight of d sea n rain.

And kno ds fact, we d idejo families ie, d ojora, onitiri, olumegbon, aromire n others who ar d real land owners of d metropolitan Lagos ar d direct descendants of Olofin(Ogunfunminire), Oduduwa son n prince just like Oranmiyan, Ogiso n others. So we don't pay homage to any ife king. And d Eleko stool which s a mixture of Ogiso(Benin) n d aworis(Olofin descendants) ar nt subservient to any ife authority cos we ar both direct descendants of princes of oduduwa nt a custodian like d ife prince who ar nt princes of oduduwa.

Hw can he nw b supreme to our kings. Oba Akiolu may v hs faults bt d royalty of Lagos s neva lesser to dat of ife. Culturally, all yorubas look up to ife as d cradle of d race bt we d eko ppl ar independent. D fire incident is just coincidental. Ooni won't will such on a very important palace in yorubaland.

For d lagosians n d yorubas, eko o in baje o!

Strange Masquerades Spotted In Port Harcourt By A Nairalander: Pictures & Video / 5-Year-Old Adebayo Olamilekan 'Adigun Olowe' Bags Chieftaincy Title In Lagos / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King