Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... (47198 Views)

Pictures Of University Of Ilorin, The Better By Far / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / 19-Year-Old Nigerian Lady Graduates From UK University After Repeating Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Olorunfemy(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2017
apeiron24:
University of Lagos was named Moshud Abiola University Of Lagos and there was a protest. Thanks to God for the success, if not, Some people would be students of MAULAG now..... what an Impertubably Lugubrious pronunciation.

Naming Higher institutions after heroes I not my problem. My Problem is the abbreviation that follows after.....

Imagine Naming University of Ibadan after "Gbadamosi Adeyinka"... which will make it Gbadamosi Adeyinka University......

The abbreviation is "GAU".... which is a bad word situation in Yoruba language.....

..... Jambite would be like "Mo to wo GAU" I have been admitted.....

....Imagine you are in a Church and a Lady is giving testimony about his admission into "GAU"

...She will be like...... help me praise God o.... I just entered GAU......

..... Please our Governments should think about abbreviation o.....

...Anyone here want admission to "GAU"
lol.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 10:14am On May 21, 2017
Awoofawo:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oYou are in Lagos and asking how to learn Yoruba!
Abeg enter market......Most folks inLagidi speak Yoruba, Lagos is Yoruba State! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You don't understand I hadn't the luxury of learning Yoruba in school because most of my classmates were of extraction moreover pidgin and vernacular were never allowed (sounds nice but that's uncool)... I only know phrases and greetings like ba wo ni? bebe nlo? kilo de? shofe kun hahaha,etc I can't hold a fluent convo in Yoruba it hurts, I really want to,everybody just dey form for this Lekki,Ajah side,I grew up in Surulere Suburbs, Coker,Aguda,Bode-Thomas,Palmgroove and Eric Moore axis to be pinpoint accurate and anybody familiar with this areas will agree with me that main Yoruba is spoken within Baale street axis of Orile and I wasn't given such freedom to explore...learning it online is my only option now...BTW I no dey enter market,someone does that.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 10:19am On May 21, 2017
ikbnice:
but there is little that could be learnt online. Don't you have yoruba speakers around you?
I do but they oddly choose to communicate in English,the guy that kept his promise stopped when I costantly asked him to explain what he meant,he was speaking too fast lol.I really do wish to learn God!!!
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Awoofawo(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
You don't understand I hadn't the luxury of learning Yoruba in school because most of my classmates were of extraction moreover pidgin and vernacular were never allowed (sounds nice but that's uncool)... I only know phrases and greetings like ba wo ni? bebe nlo? kilo de? shofe kun hahaha,etc I can't hold a fluent convo in Yoruba it hurts, I really want to,everybody just dey form for this Lekki,Ajah side,I grew up in Surulere Suburbs, Coker,Aguda,Bode-Thomas,Palmgroove and Eric Moore axis to be pinpoint accurate and anybody familiar with this areas will agree with me that main Yoruba is spoken within Baale street axis of Orile and I wasn't given such freedom to explore...learning it online is my only option now...BTW I no dey enter market,someone does that.
You didn't read between the line!
You need to get out of your safe zone; Connect with ghetto folks a bit! and no time you be convo like omo onile [Son of The Soil] All those area you mention are all Yoruba ! Go market, go Church, anywhere you go make effort to interact in Yoruba.....infact folks will even help you settle into it! Abeg no story! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no excuse! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Tflex01: 10:25am On May 21, 2017
temitope277:
wat of federal university oye-ekiti(fuoye) now turn to general adebayo adeyinka university(gaau)

That's the inspiration behind that post cool

1 Like

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Awoofawo(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
I do but they oddly choose to communicate in English,the guy that kept his promise stopped when I costantly asked him to explain what he meant,he was speaking too fast lol.I really do wish to learn God!!!
You can also try getting Yoruba girls around you.....they wiil teach well. Please befriend only respectable o! Else you go soon become Pa Juunior! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 10:28am On May 21, 2017
Awoofawo:
You didn't read between the line!
You need to get out of your safe zone; Connect with ghetto folks a bit! and no time you be convo like omo onile [Son of The Soil] All those area you mention are all Yoruba ! Go market, go Church, anywhere you go make effort to interact in Yoruba.....infact folks will even help you settle into it! Abeg no story! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no excuse! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Ok bruh! Thanks a milli,hope they won't blow weed smoke on my face and shout "hey! Omo Igbo! Maa nue! anything for the boys? awon ajebutter,roger us na!!!" lol,I'm coming for you if I get jumped bruh! hehe

1 Like

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Tflex01: 10:29am On May 21, 2017
ThankYouGod:
LAUTECH sounds good. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology.

Imagine Tech is not at the back......

LAU grin

2 Likes

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by ikbnice(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Speak with other people aside your friend, there are other people who will be willing to help. BTW, are you yoruba or you just like to understand the language?
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2017
Awoofawo:
You can also try getting Yoruba girls around you.....they wiil teach well. Please befriend only respectable o! Else you go soon become Pa Juunior! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
I had one Ayo Oh God! cuteness redefined!! but she traveled out,you know Yoruba folks and thier obsession with London right? There's another Ope but she's not that cute,I'm still considering if it's worth the try.Thanks Baba.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Tflex01: 10:35am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:

Get a yoruba girlfriend and make your convo majorly Yoruba.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Awoofawo(m): 10:35am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Ok bruh! Thanks a milli,hope they won't blow weed smoke on my face and shout "hey! Omo Igbo! Maa nue! anything for the boys? awon ajebutter,roger us na!!!" lol,I'm coming for you if I get jumped bruh! hehe
Just stay away from hard core area! Make friend with people, in fact there many Igbo folks that can speak Yoruba very fluent to point that you may miostake them For Son of the Soil. Just find dependable folks to connect with. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Brayss(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2017
onward4life:

E ma bi nu kilo GAU ati mean ne!
GAU means one chance
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by realtemi(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2017
University of Lagos was named Moshud Abiola University Of Lagos and there was a protest. Thanks to God for the success, if not, Some people would be students of MAULAG now..... what an Impertubably Lugubrious pronunciation.

Naming Higher institutions after heroes I not my problem. My Problem is the abbreviation that follows after.....

Imagine Naming University of Ibadan after "Gbadamosi Adeyinka"... which will make it Gbadamosi Adeyinka University......

The abbreviation is "GAU".... which is a bad word situation in Yoruba language.....

..... Jambite would be like "Mo to wo GAU" I have been admitted.....

....Imagine you are in a Church and a Lady is giving testimony about his admission into "GAU"

...She will be like...... help me praise God o.... I just entered GAU......

..... Please our Governments should think about abbreviation o.....

...Anyone here want admission to "GAU"
hmmmmmm
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by realtemi(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2017
hahahahahaha
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by tollulope080(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2017
just like my Ksu is renamed to PAU prince abubarkar Audu university am sure my Yoruba folks know how that sounds

1 Like

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Ryocaj(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2017
Some actually made sense.. Ogun State University(OSU) to Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)..
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by DALE917(f): 12:19pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
I'm very fine but how can you be at this stage(200L) at 17,ayam not understanding...BTW I can train you,you know ?#NoPedo

Lol
I'll be 18 by september
And no worries, my school is doing very fine with the training
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2017
DALE917:

Lol
I'll be 18 by september
And no worries, my school is doing very fine with the training
Awww if you say so.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Ifeanyi4491(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2017
Who Popularity Epp.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by DALE917(f): 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Awww if you say so.

Lol

1 Like

Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by ipodstinks: 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
Olanrefront3355:
Daddy, MO ti wo GAU

Daddy :
grin, I take God beg you, no kill me with laughter, you don make me forget the code of the game I won carry hahahaha
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by ipodstinks: 12:32pm On May 21, 2017
tollulope080:
just like my Ksu is renamed to PAU prince abubarkar Audu university am sure my Yoruba folks know how that sounds
Aiye won ta PAU
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by ipodstinks: 12:41pm On May 21, 2017
PharmaGirl:

Speak English naw

Not everyone understands yoruba
How do you want him to write English again after those ones, abi na French you see for there.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by Joejoe12(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2017
changing name a little problem but to whose name, those who make Nigeria or marred Nigeria? Even gariki
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by enigma2007(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:

Ahan! I grew up around Palmgrove axis and there are lots of people that speaks the language around here..

To learn it is easy, you need friends that are fluent and not shy to speak the language in public (Some misguided people think that its uncool to speak your native language in public).. I speak my language anywhere and encourage people to speak them to my kids.

You might need to visit the markets once in while to relate with those traders. Then practice, practice practice.. people are gonna laugh and some will correct you to make you speak it better. Personally, i laugh and correct.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by stevio(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2017
The tin pain am grin
apeiron24:

This Bross don Vex o...... eeyahhh
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by enigma2007(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2017
tollulope080:

hahahahaha! gunshot things!! grin grin grin
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by AlvanT(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2017
enigma2007:

Ahan! I grew up around Palmgrove axis and there are lots of people that speaks the language around here..

To learn it is easy, you need friends that are fluent and not shy to speak the language in public (Some misguided people think that its uncool to speak your native language in public).. I speak my language anywhere and encourage people to speak them to my kids.

You might need to visit the markets once in while to relate with those traders. Then practice, practice practice.. people are gonna laugh and some will correct you to make you speak it better. Personally, i laugh and correct.
Thank you jaare but I was not allowed outside like other kids,it shaped me into an introvert (goddamnn). I'll learn the language surely shey na naija wey we dey nw? was born and probably will die here so I'm not in a hurry atal.
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by CurrentSamuel(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
apeiron24:

I no dey write Formal letter baba
Hahahaha... na auto correct ur guy be
Re: This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... by justmenoni: 1:42pm On May 21, 2017
Op, shey oti wo GAU ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Fresh University Graduate Awaiting NYSC Dies In Her Sleep / Happie Boiz Spotted Entertaining Guests At A Cyprus Club Last Night (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.