Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther (2337 Views)

Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria / Jim Iyke Set To Marry Singer Brandy. / Brandy Or Genevieve: Who's Finer?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by justin04(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
Hmmm. The details don't sound like manslaughter. She wasn't drunk or anything, just a bad driver.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Ameriefan(f): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2007
that's bad i like brandy
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2007
yea its sad but
either way U look at it she killed somebody undecided
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2007
The car in front of her stopped suddenly, she slammed into it, the car then went on to hit two other cars.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by justin04(m): 4:21am On Jan 31, 2007
She may have been going too fast, she may have been distracted cos she was on the phone, who knows?
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 4:28am On Jan 31, 2007
she was going only 65mph undecided so i heard
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by diyobdw(f): 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2007
Free:

yea its sad but
either way U look at it she killed somebody undecided

i woludnt look at it that way. undecided

My issue is why should the family of the woman be asking for compensation-would the billion dollars bring the dead back?! why cant they ask for her to be jailed or something! if they seek justice? it crazy how people think
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2007
well honey in america dats wot ppl do
when a love is lost they take da accused into court to get some money as a compensation
and with brady being a star and all
i dnt think they will just let her go to jail , and let that be it
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Ameriefan(f): 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2007
Poor brandy damn!!
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2007
I just feel it's not fair on Brandy. The woman that died was just unlucky. Whatever, back to my own problems. undecided
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2007
Can you really die if a small car slams into the back of your car and you're using all proper precautions like seat-belts?
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by choongtin(f): 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2007
ooook
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by toptho(f): 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2007
I feel for brandy although this is sad i hope she doesnt go to prison.Heard(linda's blog) one of her co-stars on Moesha too died around that area.Why are the family trying to milk what is a tragedy,feel for them but asking for money is sad.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Hotstepper(f): 4:55am On Feb 01, 2007
shez been asked to pay 50 million dollars as ma bro. told me few mins. ago
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by OmoEko1(f): 4:58am On Feb 01, 2007
Hotstepper:

shez been asked to pay 50 million dollars as ma bro. told me few mins. ago
50 million dollar to brink the dead back, i hope those family don't receive nothing
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by sapphirre(f): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2007
An incident that occurred in traffic could result in the Grammy award winning singer going straight to jail,

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) recommended Monday (29 January) that actress-singer Brandy Norwood be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in a freeway crash that killed a woman motorist last month, a city attorney's spokesman told The Associated Press.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of one year in county jail and a $1,000 fine.

The fatal incident occurred on 30 December 2006 when traffic slowed and Brandy's vehicle (a Land Rover) struck the back of a Honda driven by 38 year old Awatef Aboudihaj, according to a CHP report.

Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hit by another car, the report said. Aboudihaj, a Los Angeles waitress, died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries, according to the coroner's office.

It has been revealed that the singer was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash. Brandy has publicly expressed her condolences to the victim's family.

Can someone please check if this true I am not 100% sure of my sources, only about 95%
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by sapphirre(f): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2007
What do you think of artists who get away with murder??
What should happen to them in these cases?
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by layi(m): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2007
Yes its true.
Ironically , a guy from brandy's sitcom moesha also died at that spot in 2005
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2007
awww are U serious??
hakeem died at the same spot shocked shocked wow
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by iice(f): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2007
Am seriously not like feeling anything about this thing, if she goes to jail, she has only a year and $1000 fine to pay, if she doesn't go then good, she can get on with her life or not.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2007
"Only" a year in jail. "Only". Shows how little you value your own years! wink
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by iice(f): 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2007
Depending on what you do or not, a year passes quickly or not. To me it seemed i blinked my eye and lil kim was done with her sentence. I guess i move on the fast lane grin
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by diyobdw(f): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2007
feel u iicee
a year is a lot but i still wonder what happen to 2006 too.it zoom off so fast.
Now is week 7 of 2007 already! shocked
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by kellorah: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2007
as much as i'd like her to get away with it, it'll seem unfair to others who also commit similar crimes like that!
but then again, she's a celeb. they always seem to get away with stuff like this.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Seun(m): 2:34am On Feb 12, 2007
It was not a crime. It was bad driving which resulted in an unlucky result.
It's not as if drivers don't make such mistakes, but they hardly ever result in death. Gah!!

Supposing you open the door of your house one morning, and it hits a visitor who then dies. Is that "crime"

Drinking and driving = crime. Being a bad driver = being a woman. Argh, please stop calling Brandy a criminal.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by beyunce(f): 3:26am On Feb 12, 2007
2 bad. my Afrodisiac is in trouble.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Cactus(m): 3:32am On Feb 12, 2007
There is no criminal case. The victims family is going for a civili case seeking $50 millions dollars in damages caused.
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 5:07am On Feb 13, 2007
50 million paaaaa is too much

am sure no amount of money will bring her back
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by uchetobi(f): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2007
Seun:

It was not a crime. It was bad driving which resulted in an unlucky result.
It's not as if drivers don't make such mistakes, but they hardly ever result in death. Gah!!

Supposing you open the door of your house one morning, and it hits a visitor who then dies. Is that "crime"

Drinking and driving = crime. Being a bad driver = being a woman. Argh, please stop calling Brandy a criminal.

Seun O please withdraw your statement that is so chauvinist I cnat believe it! Some women are better drivers than most men
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by Free(f): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2007
i heard that now the dead ladys
children also wants to sue brandy

first da husband now da kids

dey jus wanna suck her dry sad
Re: Brandy May Be Charged For Manslaugther by justin04(m): 12:35am On Feb 22, 2007

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asa Live On Air Classic Fm Radio / Kendrick Lamar Drops Nuclear Verse As He Disses Drake, Jcole, Wale, Meek Mill, / Breaking! Oprah Winfrey Caught In The Business Of Poverty P*rn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.