Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

African Parenting On The Extreme - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Parenting On The Extreme (470 Views)

The Impact Of Parenting On A Child's Emotional Competence / Parenting On The Same Page / 25 Hilarious Parenting Differences Between Moms And Dads (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Parenting On The Extreme by Nobody: 12:52am On May 21, 2017
Goodday nairalanders,growing up as africans you know,we most probably attend church,mosque or even be traditional worshippers,typical of us to be quite religious as many experienced,but then these three stated religions above have one thing in common "respect ur parents so u shall live long.."but then recently i met a real life atheist(dude freaked me out) maybe in his early twenties, and then when we spoke at length i asked if his mum and dad are okay with his decision,and he was like my dad nd his friends abuse and make fun of me but as for my mum i dont care what that idiot thinks"she left them and shii u know"(i was shocked) and then i'm like dont insult ur parents there will be repercussions in the future,he said he does'nt believe dat trash i quoted the only scripture i knew abt d ish Exodus 20:12 and then he asked me if my parents were human beings or now ur Gods just because they gave birth to u i said no*trying to explain* but then he cut me short,and asked how about my irresponsible mother who left us does her curse hold any water.which brings me to my question does the so called cursing parents who claim to love their children swear on them hold any water coz,i mean they're not Gods are they,why does a stupid unholy parent curse their own children coz no sane parent should do that.A woman in my area was cursing on her overgrown son recently again as usual coz they always fight physically,yaaasss physically but the dude seem to be progressing in life wha ya say.
Were you ever cursed,or do you know who has but is still progressing
Is it just a fable or a guideline for prolly stubborn children
please no insults no derailing i honestly need an answer
Re: African Parenting On The Extreme by Nobody: 12:57am On May 21, 2017
We've been brainwashed, that's all i would say so I won't misyarn
Re: African Parenting On The Extreme by Nobody: 2:42am On May 21, 2017
A sane person do not curse

(1) (Reply)

The Childless Nigerian Wife. / How To Find Comfort In The Midst Of Struggle / Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.