Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,487 members, 7,865,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country (559 Views)

2023: North Allegedly Dumps Tinubu For Not ‘capturing’ South West Convincingly / North Allegedly Plots Against President Buhari Ahead Of 2019 / North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by sirlegend: 8:03am On May 21, 2017
– The Northern Elders said they are ready for discussion over restructuring Nigeria or separation

– The group said they are not sabotaging discussion as claimed by South East Leaders

– They said the agitation for Biafra is part of restructuring discussion and they are ready

The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) have announced their readiness to join the ongoing discussion on restructuring Nigeria or supporting secession of South East. The group said claims by South East leaders that they are sabotaging efforts to restructure the nation is untrue and that South East leaders are likely feeding on assumption.

PLUSMILA.com learnt that this statement was made by the spokesperson of NEF, Professor Ango Abdullahi during an interview with The Sun newspaper. Abdullahi said: “You see the issue of restructuring is one of the fundamental issues that shape Nigerian history from 1914 up to 1960.

“In fact, we are not aware of any sabotage, may be the South East leaders were working on assumption. “But if restructuring will save Nigeria, I think it is a matter that affects every Nigerian including those in the North and we are ready to engage in it to correct the anomalies in Nigeria starting from 1914.”

While reacting to the agitation in the South East for Biafra, Abdullahi said: “You see, the issue of Biafra is all part of the discussion of restructuring Nigeria.” “Yes, if Biafra means negotiations, yes, it’s all a matter of discussion, if it means Igbo want to have a country of their own separate from Nigeria, it means a matter of discussion and we are prepared for the discussion.
http://plusmila.com/north-allegedly-ready-breakup-nothing-wrong-ndigbo-asking-country-northern-elders/

“This is all I have been saying that if Nigerians are tired of staying together, they should be prepared to accept divisions instead of remaining in agony and disappointment of one another. “You see, what I am saying is that every Nigerian should be able to speak his opinion about the state of the country, and the country has laws.

“If it is discovered that the law of a country is violated, that some somebody has gone beyond his fundamental rights, the law is very clear on this. “What perhaps government is concerned about is that violence was part of Kanu’s agitation, to realize his dream by force, I think that is what government is trying to tackle to my understanding.

http://plusmila.com/north-allegedly-ready-breakup-nothing-wrong-ndigbo-asking-country-northern-elders/

Re: North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by ApolitiCal: 8:10am On May 21, 2017
If Nigeria should break up, I believe Igbo will suffer most. By the way, is there anything in the east to serve as major source of income for the region?
Re: North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by ITbomb(m): 8:20am On May 21, 2017
ApolitiCal:
If Nigeria should break up, I believe Igbo will suffer most. By the way, is there anything in the east to serve as major source of income for the region?
The truth is that Igbos are the only true embodiment of One Nigeria. Which other tribe can go to another land and develop the place.

What Igbos really want is a restructured Nigeria where regions can develop at their rate not being dragged behind by the backwardness of one big group.
Breakup is just a bargaining chip
Re: North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by anaton(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2017
ApolitiCal:

Yes Igbos will survive and strive.Afterall they survived the 20 pounds given by Awolowo and the abandoned property saga.

Also our greatest endowment is intelligent and resourceful human capital.Which is greater than oil and groundnut pyramid.

1 Like

Re: North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by nwabobo: 8:27am On May 21, 2017
ApolitiCal:

The most important resource in the world is human capital and no region in Nigeria can boast of having that more than Ndigbo.

Let's just go with your deluded assumption that there is no natural resources in the East.....maybe the oil deposits in Imo, Abia, Anambra as well as the huge gas deposits of the Anambra river basin belong to Zamfara.
Re: North Allegedly Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country by Mynd44: 8:27am On May 21, 2017

(1)

Femi Fani-kayode’s Wife Release Stunning Photos To Celebrate Her Birthday / Police Rates Ekiti As State With Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria / Oct 1st Quit Notice For Igbos And Role Of Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.