Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria (5663 Views)

Business/investment Opportunity In A Multi Billion Dollar Company / Fixed Deposits Interest Rates Of Nigerian Banks - 2018 / The Multi Billion Dollar International Trade In Gemstones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by kudosamass(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2017
THE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR UNTAPPED GEMSTONE DEPOSITS IN NIGERIA:

Nigeria is endowed with large deposits of different types of precious and semi-precious stones. The Country is heavily blessed with some of the world’s scarce precious gems like Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Beryl, Tourmaline, Zircon, and Garnet amongst others. Most of these deposits are available in very large commercial qualities. Nigeria’s Tourmaline for instance, comes out in multiple colors from the same pit and the quantity is usually in kilograms and tons. Nigeria’s Paraiba Tourmaline found in Oyo and Nasarawa States, for instance, could go for as much as $5,000 per gram. According to Daily Trust’s Ademola Adebayo, precious gems like Beryl, Aquamarine, Sapphires, Zircon in bubble-gum, pink and water melon Tourmaline grades from green to red can be sourced from only Tibet, Nigeria, Afghanistan and Brazil.

Angwan Doka in Kokona Local Government Area of Nassarawa State is a good example of the volume of Gem wealth buried under the Nigerian soil. Angwan Doka has one of the finest colors of Tourmaline. Its multi color fine Tourmaline usually comes out in tons and tons. One of the pits has just started producing small pieces of Paraiba green; it is hoped that the sizes and quantity will increase in the next few months.

Miners working at Saura Site at Keffi are agreed that any serious commercial mining at Saura has the capacity to produce more than 1,000 tons of pink, red and green tourmaline. Nigeria is looking for where to borrow $30 billion over a period of three years, but a single site in Nasarawa or Oyo State has the capacity to produce 20 tons of top grades Tourmaline over the same period of three years which could fetch more than that amount of money.

Sri Lanka is accepted as the largest producer of Sapphire in the World. I can bet my money that this is because of lack of information about the volume of Sapphire deposits in Nigeria. The quantity of Sapphire deposits in Mambila Plateau in Taraba State is unimaginable. The good news is that some work is going on there now, though on artisanal level. The celebrated Antah and Nisama Sapphire (Kaduna State ) were only obtained from alluvial mining, and farmers picking the gems on their farms. The mother of Antah and Nisam Sapphire deposits are yet to be mined. A gram of Antah Sapphire could go as much as $10,000.

A Sariki (Local Chief) in Gwantu told me that when he was a teenager, those who mined for his father usually come back home in the evening with everybody carrying baco bags (50kg) of Emerald. Gwantu Emerald is one of the finest on Earth and commands high price in the International Market. The hills of Gwantu are still there in Kaduna State. Nothing much is going on there now. Gwantu has large deposit of Emerald to make her the Emerald city of Africa. In fact, the Sariki told me that the whole of Gwantu was sitting on top of Emerald deposits. Gwantu Emeral can produce enough wealth to develop the whole North Central Nigeria.

Jenta in Kokona Local Government of Nasarawa State is the home Aquamarine, White Topaz and many other industrial minerals. Large quantities of grade one Aquamarine and White Topaz come out of Jenta through the activities of small scale miners. Jenta’s WhiteTopaz comes out in tons and in large particles of up to one kilogram. Most of these White Topaz are smuggled out of Nigeria to Europe, India, China etc, where it is processed as substitute to Diamond. The Head of the family that owns that vast rich Territory, Alhaji Ahmed Osanga, the Igwo Strongman, told me that they had been looking for serious investors to come and mine the rich area, but only small –scale miners had shown face so far. In fact, he was very happy to see me thinking I had come to mine the Area.

In Oyo State, Gemstone mining has been going on for a while now, but I doubt if the Federal Government actually understands the volume of deposits in that Area. Oyo has different types and colors of Tourmaline, Topaz, Beirut, Aquamarine etc. One of the districts in Bangkok's Gemstone District is supplied and sustained by gemstones from Oyo, courtesy of smugglers! The annoying thing is that little or nothing goes to the Government of Nigeria in the form of Royalty.

The Areas from Gidan Kadiri, Nike, Gidan Lele, Angwan Mayo, Angwan Tudu, Garaku, Ninkoro up to Akwanga (Nasarawa State) are all sitting on top on huge Gem deposits of different types. Plateau and Bauchi states are also heavily blessed with these precious stones. Kogi and Benue states also have Gem deposits. In fact the volume of wealth in Gemstone deposits in North Central Nigeria alone can eradicate poverty and illiteracy from Nigeria. And activate the industrialization of the Country.

The few locations and examples cited above represent just small fraction of the volume and quantity of Gem deposits in Nigeria. The Country is indeed the most endowed Country on Earth in terms of gemstone deposit (using volume, quality and variety for the comparative analysis). While majority of other nations that have Gemstone deposits are already depleting their reserves, Nigeria’s Gemstone Store is still intact. Nigeria, no doubt, is certainly the next destination for International Gemstone miners, dealers, investors, researchers, Treasure hunters and Industry experts. As information about the magnitude of Gem deposits in the Country continues to trickle out, Nigeria is going to be on the center stage of International Colored Stone Trade in the next few years. Smart men and women are already taking up positions!

The Nigerian Government through the Ministry of Solid Minerals Development is also working assiduously to provide the enabling environment, infrastructure and legal framework for the smooth operation of this multi billion dollar untapped business.
For your Seven Easy Steps Training on HOW TO START GEMSTONE BUSINESS, visit: https://gemstonenews247..com.ng/p/trainings.html

SOURCE:
http://gemstonenews247..com.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by Prince081: 10:38am On May 21, 2017
The leadership of Nigeria need to be sincere about diversification of the economy. The states and LGA,s needs to be empowered to develop resources within their domain and the only route to empowering the states is true fiscal federalism. The earlier we do this then we will start building the Nigeria that we all yearn for and overall a better place for our children.
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by Buddhar(m): 7:25am On May 23, 2017
How can I tap into this sector?
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by kudosamass(m): 9:18am On May 23, 2017
Buddhar:
How can I tap into this sector?
@Buddar, you can start mining any of the minerals. Contrary to public perception, it does not cost much to tap into it. You learn along the line.
Basically what you need is a registered company with Export License which do not cost much and are easy to obtain. In gemstone mining, you don't pay the workers or the Landowners upfront. Everybody gets paid when your pit starts producing based on pre agreed percentage. You only buy tools and feed the miners. And other logistics.
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by iyerenath(m): 11:27pm On May 24, 2017
kudosamass:

@Buddar, you can start mining any of the minerals. Contrary to public perception, it does not cost much to tap into it. You learn along the line.
Basically what you need is a registered company with Export License which do not cost much and are easy to obtain. In gemstone mining, you don't pay the workers or the Landowners upfront. Everybody gets paid when your pit starts producing based on pre agreed percentage. You only buy tools and feed the miners. And other logistics.
so how much are we putting into consideration here??on average??
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 11:50pm On May 24, 2017
Am interested, how do I go about it?
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by kudosamass(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2017
iyerenath:
so how much are we putting into consideration here??on average??
@iyerenath, with N1m you are good to start. That is, Incorporation of Company, Export License, Legal fee for Agreements, logistics for recruitment of miners, Accommodation, familiarization visit to the host community, buying of tools, cooking utensils and food stuff etc, plus your working capital.
Inbox here me for the breakdown.
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by kudosamass(m): 7:11am On May 25, 2017
Tohsynetita1:
Am interested, how do I go about it?
@ Tohsynetita 1, inbox me here so I can send you the procedures.
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by olagamalin(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2017
Lerweenu
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by olagamalin(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2017
kudosamass:

Hello Sir, Can you mail me via olagamalin@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by vanmusco(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2017
@kudosamas, I'm totally interested. Here's my email. muscodee20@gmail.com. Please let's talk

1 Like

Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by MzBee63: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello, I'm interested. You can reach me diaryofayoungwife@gmail.com
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by awulio(f): 2:05am On Aug 30, 2017
I am interested please email me sandyofili@gmail.com
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 2:10am On Aug 30, 2017
Interesting
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by iyerenath(m): 11:18pm On May 05, 2019
kudosamass:

@iyerenath, with N1m you are good to start. That is, Incorporation of Company, Export License, Legal fee for Agreements, logistics for recruitment of miners, Accommodation, familiarization visit to the host community, buying of tools, cooking utensils and food stuff etc, plus your working capital.
Inbox here me for the breakdown.

Wow... That's huge..
What of that #400,000 small scale mining?? is that 400k still feasible?? What's the EXACT amount actually??
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by donvat1(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2019
I am interested in this email me on iamvalceasar@gmail.com
Re: The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria by Legarcy7375: 2:07am On Oct 07, 2022
kudosamass:

@ Tohsynetita 1, inbox me here so I can send you the procedures.
hello am interested

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have An Extra 5k, I'll Help Ypu Make 54k In 14 Days / View This Simple 5 Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / A-Z About Setting Up A Cooking Gas Business And Be A Millionaire In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.