Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Prejudice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prejudice (377 Views)

Benedict XVI: ‘foolish Prejudice’ To Think Pope Francis Lacks Formation / Prejudice Is Weakness / Signs Of Prejudice In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prejudice by Nobody: 11:29am On May 21, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* SUNDAY, MAY 21, 2017

*Topic:* PREJUDICE
*Read:* JOHN 7:1-17

*MEMORISE:* _If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority._ *(John 7:17)*

*EXPOSITION*
Prejudice means pre-judging on the basis of preconceived notions, without bothering to find out the real truth. It is making up one's mind about a person, an issue or a belief system, without getting relevant facts about the person or thing. Preconceptions and prejudices make it hard to hear what others are saying, making it even harder to make fair judgement. Prejudice can make you narrow-minded and nasty.

Prejudice makes some people reject Jesus and His teachings for no good reasons. Without really having thorough knowledge of Jesus and the Bible, they jump to conclusions, based on others incorrect opinions, and end up being confused. They have many different opinions, and don't always say what they are really thinking *(John 7:12-13)*. The Jews of Jesus days had different excuses as prejudice against Him.

Today, satan is also giving people different excuses not to follow Jesus. Some Christians are even having doubts in their minds, like some of Christ's early disciples, after His resurrection.

As a Christian, how much truth do you know about Jesus? *(John 8:31-32)*. Once your heart seeks God with humility, sincerity and passion, your mind becomes open to the truth about Jesus. As Jesus says, If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God

*PRAYER POINTS:*
*1.* Holy Spirit, purge me of every prejudice against You and Your people.
*2.* Lord Jesus, open my eyes to Your Truth in all ways.
*3.* Lord, let Your truth prevail in this nation, against the kingdom of darkness.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 1 Thessalonians 4 - 5

(1) (Reply)

It Is A Sin For A Christain To Pay Tithe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 28/5/2017 Who The Cap Fits / IMER Who Denounced God Recounts His Ordeal And How He Retraced His Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.