Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,006 members, 7,841,861 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves (1138 Views)

I Am Daniel, Lions Can’t Stop - Dino Malaye Shares Photo, Dragged Over Caption / Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Suit Challenging Buhari's Academic Qualificati / Tony Kabaka Buys 2 Lions For Security In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 1:13pm On May 21, 2017
As at 2015 - 2016 - 2017 March no Lion was slighted in Yankari and Kayanji parks, except in the Zoos.

mynd44 pls help me move it to appropriate section + remove the post of political derailers below.

Lalasticlala
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by Emycord: 1:18pm On May 21, 2017
Yes there is o he is in abia state now jim iyke just visited him two days ago

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 1:19pm On May 21, 2017
^^^ I don't mean zoo. If you're talking of Zoo. Kano State Zoo is the second in west Africa. It has lions and many species.

Anyway thank you 4 your contribution.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by PEPPERified: 1:30pm On May 21, 2017
Emycord:

I dey feel you.

The Lion of Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by Emycord: 1:39pm On May 21, 2017
PEPPERified:

I dey feel you.

The Lion of Biafra.
yes o he is dealing with buhari. Even in his court he once told buhari's stooge judge " GO AND TELL TELL BUHARI THAT HE IS MAD " NNAMDI KANU - 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by Blue3k(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2017
It would be better to get in contact withe the park rangers that have clue. Let us know how your quest for knowledge goes.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
Blue3k:
It would be better to get in contact withe the park rangers that have clue. Let us know how your quest for knowledge goes.

The February 2017 survey of the reserve yielded no result. No lion was seen. I can give you the PDF link if you want to read.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by Ogalanyachieze: 2:28pm On May 21, 2017
FriendNG:

The February 2017 survey of the reserve yielded no result. No lion was seen. I can give you the PDF link if you want to read.
and what did you come here to do? To ask us if we see any lion around or to tell us what they already told you that lions are finished? What do you truely want from our contributions? I think you should worry more about buhari
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 2:30pm On May 21, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
and what did you come here to do? To ask us if we see any lion around or to tell us what they already told you that lions are finished? What do you truely want from our contributions? I think you should worry more about buhari

I ask to know if it i can be found in other places.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by Ogalanyachieze: 3:01pm On May 21, 2017
FriendNG:

I ask to know if it i can be found in other places.
ok now i get you i'll check around sha begging with my backyard i'll spread to other places. If i fail i'l have to interview some in our locals zoo to know where there next of kin can be found
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by baralatie(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2017
there is a lion population in that yankari region.there is a difference in generally trying to sight a lion population and taking pain stacking effort to study a lion population in a habitat.
that is why national geographic efforts should be commended those guys have passion beyond normal
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by baralatie(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2017
I also know that in the ss there are stray hyena population how they got here beats my imagination but I know calabar has elephant and gorilla and some beautiful exotic birds.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 3:42pm On May 21, 2017
baralatie:
there is a lion population in that yankari region.there is a difference in generally trying to sight a lion population and taking pain stacking effort to study a lion population in a habitat.
that is why national geographic efforts should be commended those guys have passion beyond normal

Not even a footprint of lion in Yankari since 2015.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by theSpark(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2017
There could still be a lion population in Kainji National Park. That's where most wild Nigerian Lions are.

The yankari population must have seriously depopulated or migrated. Cos I remember they tried the call method to find out their presence without success.

Turn your searchlight to Borgu or Zugurma in Kainji National Park.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by theSpark(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2017
FriendNG:

Yea but the Q1 report says that they were heard roaring from Wikki camp. A glimmer of hope Sha.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by FriendNG: 5:19pm On May 21, 2017
theSpark:

Yea but the Q1 report says that they were heard roaring from Wikki camp. A glimmer of hope Sha.

They suppose check the wikki camp to confirm and not to be carried away by hearsay.
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by baralatie(m): 7:07pm On May 21, 2017
FriendNG:

this comment means there is an observed lion print in 2014 but what is the name of that lion or lioness that made that foot print how many are in that pride.
you get it?
hadly has a known researcher gone into that forest to document its habitants.
and lions will avoid detection at all costs.
the hint is this as long as there is food there is a lion.the lion that was hunted down was a young female lion and because it strayed away from the reserves. it means a male lion is in that region with a female!
to see one lion means you have to sleep in the bush as a prey! it might take years to convince the lion to come in the open

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by DieAfonjas: 7:11pm On May 21, 2017
Emycord:
Re: Are There Still Lions In Nigerian Game Reserves by ipobsarefools: 7:12pm On May 21, 2017
[s]
DieAfonjas:

[/s]
Nonsense trash.

(1) (Reply)

Ortomatic Wheelbarrow (pics) / Lai Mohammed Married Lie’s Mother To Become Its Step Father – Reno / Biafra’ll Be Independent Whether They Like It Or Not – Asari-dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.