Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced (1435 Views)

Has Victor Ojenaelo, The Owner Of Club Konnect Now Become A Scammer??? / Beware Of This Guy He Is A Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by nani667: 11:13pm On May 21, 2017
two Days ago this Basterd with username Latiephwald posted an Ad about an Infinix Hot S for sale or Swap.. I decided to get it for someone as it had somewhat reasonable Specs.... I called and asked about any issues that the phone may have, he assured me that it was in excellent Condition...

We met and I Inspected the phone, I suspected something was fishy when I noticed the battery wasn't Charged, and although I noticed no issues with the battery as it lasted well even with the small charge, I paid and got the phone... on getting home, I plugged the phone to the Charger he gave me with the phone it didn't Charge, I tested the Charger he gave me with another Phone it still didn't Charge, that's when I realised the Useless charger he gave me and was Dead...

but that's not the issue, I used another charger to try Charge the Hot S phone but it didn't show any signs of charging at all... tried several Chargers and it was the same thing... The Basterd Scammer basically sold me a phone that doesn't Charge, and the most annoying thing is that this is someone that has supposedly been a member of this site since 2013... so even older members are now indulging in Scam.... it's disappointing to say the least... Called his number but he has refused to pick...

Just decided to open this thread and let the masses know about the Scammer Called Latiephwald ... aka Olawale Olaitan

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by dollyjoy(f): 11:48pm On May 21, 2017
He didn't scam you bro, you inspected and was satisfied with the device before you paid. He can sue you for defamation of character. He allowed you to test and inspect the device before paying and you even agreed you were satisfied with it. Go change the charging port and move on. Thanks!! undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by ipobarecriminals: 12:15am On May 22, 2017
dollyjoy:
He didn't scam you bro, you inspected and was satisfied with the device before you paid. He can sue you for defamation of character. He allowed you to test and inspect the device before paying and you even agreed you were satisfied with it. Go change the charging port and move on. Thanks!! undecided
That is dishonest. Why sell faulty phone to him?Old Nairalander for that matter? pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by yanabasee(m): 12:28am On May 22, 2017
Will you be happy if you get a spoiled gadget from someone who claimed it was without a fault?..

It'd been reasonable if he knew what the fault was and decided to either buy it that way or beat the price lower or forego abt getting it....

Many ppl hate to buy spoiled gadgets... I do, even!

dollyjoy:

5 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by nani667: 12:28am On May 22, 2017
dollyjoy:

You must be a Scammer yourself.... Vermin allover Nairaland angry

9 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by tosyne2much(m): 12:52am On May 22, 2017
dollyjoy:
undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by ipobarecriminals: 12:57am On May 22, 2017
tosyne2much:
undecided undecided
those thieves plenty for here oooo.Even a Naira lander Eleko1 was banned 6 mnts for trying to expose a fraud car dealer here . something fishy dey here

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by ipobarecriminals: 1:06am On May 22, 2017
grin sad cheesy grin tosyne2much, oya put pen for paper and post 10 ways how to identify fraudsters and their accomplish partner here

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by lenghtinny(m): 1:06am On May 22, 2017
dollyjoy:
Sue for defamation when he should be the one going to prison for fraud and breach of trust

5 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by tosyne2much(m): 1:29am On May 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
grin sad cheesy grin tosyne2much, oya put pen for paper and post 10 ways how to identify fraudsters and their accomplish partner here
Baba, make dem no go send me sef go 6months jail ooo cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by mykelmeezy: 2:35am On May 22, 2017
since its an infinix device

then then non charging issue is common with infinix
judging from personal experience

I recommend 3 things

1. go and get an original "Samsung fast charge" charger...seems Samsung works best n lasts longer

2. loose the phone since its inbuilt battery and use alcohol/spirit/perfume to clean the port connecting the battery to the motherboard

3. clean the charging port with alcohol also check if its broken

incase you are a phone amateur give a credible technician to do step 2 n 3

it takes 5-10 mins and tops 100/200 naira charge

4a -booth phone into bootloader and plug then check root intergrity test....by the time test is complete ..clear cache partition and then reboot phone

wait for 3-5 mins i believe 1% should have added by now

4b. download "Ampere app" from playstore and check the volts supplied make sure it clocks 3.7v and it increases in like 10-15 seconds

if not repeat step 4a

5.charge phone (put in ultra power mode or airplane mode) don't turn off

...if none of that works throw phone away coz both infinix and tecno(minus phantom 6+) are useless phones

get an apple or Samsung or sony or htc device
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by Nobody: 5:11am On May 22, 2017
Dem don scam you be that! Go and be managing S8 for now. Or if you cannot afford S8 get an iPhone 7. grin
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by Baadal(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2017
dollyjoy:
This is a very wrong judgement...the seller is being dishonest and you're still backing the scammer up

5 Likes

Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by ipobarecriminals: 3:35am On May 23, 2017
mykelmeezy:
since its an infinix device

then then non charging issue is common with infinix
judging from personal experience

I recommend 3 things

1. go and get an original "Samsung fast charge" charger...seems Samsung works best n lasts longer

2. loose the phone since its inbuilt battery and use alcohol/spirit/perfume to clean the port connecting the battery to the motherboard

3. clean the charging port with alcohol also check if its broken

incase you are a phone amateur give a credible technician to do step 2 n 3

it takes 5-10 mins and tops 100/200 naira charge

4a -booth phone into bootloader and plug then check root intergrity test....by the time test is complete ..clear cache partition and then reboot phone

wait for 3-5 mins i believe 1% should have added by now

4b. download "Ampere app" from playstore and check the volts supplied make sure it clocks 3.7v and it increases in like 10-15 seconds

if not repeat step 4a

5.charge phone (put in ultra power mode or airplane mode) don't turn off

...if none of that works throw phone away coz both infinix and tecno(minus phantom 6+) are useless phones

get an apple or Samsung or sony or htc device
God bless u.But throwey the phone is not the solution now,the useless thief must collect his calculator back and give the OP his money.His act is criminal and should be condem by all.IF Tecno like,let dem produce phone wey dey show xmas light,nah dem sabi.
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by chukel(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
those thieves plenty for here oooo.Even a Naira lander Eleko1 was banned 6 mnts for trying to expose a fraud car dealer here . something fishy dey here
the way u guys reason stinks. I advertised my personal car for sale. The useless eleko guy jumps out from nowhere shouting it's a stolen car without proof. U guys are the type that languish in jail when taken up for baseless allegations without proof. Here u are saying the same thrash. Just because nairaland is a faceless forum, u guys think you can talk anyhow.
Nb : I have requested that nairaland release the deleted comments by eleko on that thread cos I'm taking him up legally. Some of you have to learn lessons.
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by ipobarecriminals: 12:12pm On May 29, 2017
grin grin grin
chukel:
the way u guys reason stinks. I advertised my personal car for sale. The useless eleko guy jumps out from nowhere shouting it's a stolen car without proof. U guys are the type that languish in jail when taken up for baseless allegations without proof. Here u are saying the same thrash. Just because nairaland is a faceless forum, u guys think you can talk anyhow.
Nb : I have requested that nairaland release the deleted comments by eleko on that thread cos I'm taking him up legally. Some of you have to learn lessons.
undecided
chukel:
Nonsense.If somebody cal u Chinedu when ur name is chukwudi,will u answer? Urs is to prove dat the said car isn't stolen.Is it not on dis same forum we read about some fraudsters car dealer that scammed a lady(I won't mention her name).Since d said car is urs,why use "crayon" to cover the reg num? I view dat very post myself.U mean u cova it for security purpose abi?I'll not insult u,just tell the world why u use"crayon" to cova the num,Simple.
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by chukel(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
grin grin grin undecidedNonsense.If somebody cal u Chinedu when ur name is chukwudi,will u answer? Urs is to prove dat the said car isn't stolen.Is it not on dis same forum we read about some fraudsters car dealer that scammed a lady(I won't mention her name).Since d said car is urs,why use "crayon" to cover the reg num? I view dat very post myself.U mean u cova it for security purpose abi?I'll not insult u,just tell the world why u use"crayon" to cova the num,Simple.
u jump out and call somebody a thief. Is it not your place to tell people what he stole and show them how he stole it. Keep ranting. If u have not been accused falsely by a lunatic, u won't know how it feels. U expected me to make public the licence plate of a vehicle I was still using at the time I advertised it for sale. Somebody has bought that vehicle. How would u feel if you were the one and your vehicle identity is all over the net. Do you even know what security is? Why not showcase your Nigerian passport details in public if you do not know what security entails. So I can just call you a thief without proof or reason and reasonable people will expect you to start defending yourself based on nothing. Well eleko1 has a case to answer and he will. You can go through my history on nairaland and see I have exposed real fraudsters from auto section to business section. The likes of bookiemart, idowuogbo and others who fight fraudsters on nairaland know my username very well as one who does not tolerate fraud. I don't really expect you to make any sense. But I will not allow that nitwit to defame me. This will serve as an example to people who make baseless allegations cos they have Internet access.
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by latiephwald(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU FOR DEFACING MY IMAGE AND NAME. I WOULD NOT SAY MUCH BUY JUST ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS.
HOW WOULD A NON REMOVEABLE BATTERY CHARGE WITHOUT CHARGER?
DO YOU REALISE U BOUGHT INFINIX HOT S? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN IT USES FAST/FLASH CHARGER? WAS THE CHARGER I GAVE YOU FAST/FLASH? I GAVE YOU NORMAL INFINIX CHARGER WHICH I USE TO CHARGE IT WHILE THE PHONE IS OFF. WELL I WANT YOU TO TELL THE NAIRALANDERS THAT THE PHONE IS WORKINH FINE AND CHARGING FINE BUT THE CHARGER CAN NOT CHARGE IT WHILE IT ON.
IF YOU CAN DO THIS I WOULD BE GLAD CUZ I AM NOT A SCAMMER. CHECK MA NAME VERY WELL.

08056060723...09026198968. WANNA SPEAK WITH YOU. DONT HAVE YOUR CONTACT.
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by vanchi(m): 1:56am On Jun 20, 2017
latiephwald:
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU FOR DEFACING MY IMAGE AND NAME. I WOULD NOT SAY MUCH BUY JUST ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS.
DO YOU REALISE U BOUGHT INFINIX HOT S? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN IT USES FAST/FLASH CHARGER? WAS THE CHARGER I GAVE YOU FAST/FLASH? I GAVE YOU NORMAL INFINIX CHARGER WHICH I USE TO CHARGE IT WHILE THE PHONE IS OFF. WELL I WANT YOU TO TELL THE NAIRALANDERS THAT THE PHONE IS WORKINH FINE AND CHARGING FINE BUT THE CHARGER CAN NOT CHARGE IT WHILE IT ON.
IF YOU CAN DO THIS I WOULD BE GLAD CUZ I AM NOT A SCAMMER. CHECK MA NAME VERY WELL.

Yeye dey Smell
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2017
latiephwald:

I fully understand your point. But did you inform the buyer the flaw this phone had?
Hence the importance of been upfront with all known issues with devices, prior to selling.
Let the buyer make an informed decision.........
Re: Yet Another Scammer Has Surfaced by Lexusgs430: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2017
nani667:
two Days ago this Basterd with username Latiephwald posted an Ad about an Infinix Hot S for sale or Swap.. I decided to get it for someone as it had somewhat reasonable Specs.... I called and asked about any issues that the phone may have, he assured me that it was in excellent Condition...

We met and I Inspected the phone, I suspected something was fishy when I noticed the battery wasn't Charged, and although I noticed no issues with the battery as it lasted well even with the small charge, I paid and got the phone... on getting home, I plugged the phone to the Charger he gave me with the phone it didn't Charge, I tested the Charger he gave me with another Phone it still didn't Charge, that's when I realised the Useless charger he gave me and was Dead...

but that's not the issue, I used another charger to try Charge the Hot S phone but it didn't show any signs of charging at all... tried several Chargers and it was the same thing... The Basterd Scammer basically sold me a phone that doesn't Charge, and the most annoying thing is that this is someone that has supposedly been a member of this site since 2013... so even older members are now indulging in Scam.... it's disappointing to say the least... Called his number but he has refused to pick...

Just decided to open this thread and let the masses know about the Scammer Called Latiephwald ... aka Olawale Olaitan

Are you willing to come to an agreed compromise?

(1) (Reply)

OUKITEL K4000 Plus 4100mah+2gb+16gb @ 7,320 On Jumia / Nokia N81 For Sale N12,000, No Fault Detected At All @ 08062868888 / Buy 3.5G HSDPA 7.2Mbps Universal Modems @N3,000 Retail & Bulk 07035633641

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.