Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well (1172 Views)

Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' / I will keep using the name, 'Yahushua'; you can keep 'Jesus'. No compulsion! / Some Still Stupidly Say "There Is No God". Read This Front-page Testimony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 22, 2017
. am getting irritated at the level lack of knowledge and ignorance makes some people argue blindly

Matthew 24:36
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only.
Here Jesus makes a distinction between what he knows and what the Father knows.

2. Matthew 26:39
My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me, yet not as I will, but as Thou will.
Jesus’ will is likewise autonomous from God’s Will. Jesus is seeking acquiescence to God’s will.

3. John 5:26
For as the Father has life in Himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.
Jesus received his life from God. God received his life from no one. He is eternally self-existent.

4. John 5:30
By myself, I can do nothing: I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who has sent me.
Jesus says, “by myself, I can do nothing.” This indicates that Jesus is relying upon his own relationship with God. He is not trying to “please myself” but rather is seeking to “please the one who sent me.”

5. John 5:19
The Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees the Father doing, because whatever the Father does, the Son does also.
Jesus declares that he is following a pattern laid down by God. He is expressing obedience to God.

6. Mark 10:18
Why do you call me good? No one is good, except God alone.
Here Jesus emphatically makes a distinction between himself and God.

7. John 14:28
The Father is greater than I.
This is another strong statement that makes a distinction between Jesus and God.

8. Matthew 6:9
Our Father, which art in Heaven.
He didn’t pray, Our Father, which art standing right here!”

9. Matthew 27:46
My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Inconceivable if he is God the Creator.

10.* *John 17:21-23*

. . .that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. . ..that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me.
In this prayer Jesus defines the term “to be one.” It is clearly accomplished through the relationship of two autonomous beings. Christian believers are to model their relationship (to become one) after the relationship of God and Christ (as God and Christ are one). Notice that “to be one” does not mean to be “one and the same.”

4 Likes

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 22, 2017
11. 1 Corinthians 15:27-28
For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Paul declares that God put everything under Christ, except God himself. Instead God rules all things through Christ. (remember: “through him all things were made.”)

12. Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being.
Jesus is the exact representation of his being. I send my representative to Congress. He is not me, myself. He is my representative.

13. Hebrews 4:15 (compared with James 1:13)
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet without sin.
Jesus has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet he never sinned. See

James 1:13: W[/b]hen tempted, no one should say, God is tempting me. For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt.
Jesus was tempted in every way, but God cannot be tempted. This is why Jesus said, “don’t call me good, none are good, only God.”

14. [b]Hebrews 5:7-9

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

1 Like

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 22, 2017
I have more if y'all want......you wake up and argue on a religion you have no knowledge.
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Runninghare(m): 7:05pm On May 22, 2017
i'll be back
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by ilynem(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:
I have more if y'all want......you wake up and argue on a religion you have no knowledge.
I was about to respond, but then I saw you quote books from a person you all call a false prophet (paul). So no need.
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by nsiazu: 7:08pm On May 22, 2017
John 1:1, 14(RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . [14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.
This is one of the most well-known “proof texts”. Jesus is eternal (here, “beginning” means “eternity past”). He was with God the Father, and is God the Son. To make sure that the reader has no misunderstanding, John (v. 14) reiterates that the “Word” referred to is the Son, and notes that He “became flesh” (the incarnation). Only the Son has a body. The Word = Jesus = God.

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.”

This is a remarkable passage, in which God the Father calls His Son “God.” It is a reference to the Old Testament passage, Psalms 45:6-7.

So my peeps anyone who haven't accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour is not going to inherit His Kingdom in Heaven...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

I was about to respond, but then I saw you quote books from a person you all call a false prophet (paul). So no need.

I guess that means your bible is fake you just affirmed it as these quotes came from where ? Quran ?
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2017
All of the writers of the Bible believed that God was not Jesus. The idea that Jesus is God did not become part of Christian belief until after the Bible was written, and took many centuries to become part of the faith of Christians.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke, authors of the first three Gospels, believed that Jesus was not God (see Mark 10:18 and Matthew 19:17). They believed that he was the son of God in the sense of a righteous person. Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9).

Paul, believed to be the author of some thirteen or fourteen letters in the Bible, also believed that Jesus is not God. For Paul, God first created Jesus, then used Jesus as the agent by which to create the rest of creation (see Colossians 1:15 and 1 Corinthians 8:6). [/b]Similar ideas are found in the letter to the Hebrews, and also in the Gospel and Letters of John composed some seventy years after Jesus. In all of these writings, however, Jesus is still a creature of God and is therefore forever subservient to God ([b]see 1 Corinthians 15:28).

1 Like

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by pressplay411(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2017
OP the level of misinformation and misinterpretation that has permeated christendom is alarming.
99% of Nigerians actually believe Jesus is God even when the Bible clearly calls him the son of God and Messiah.
It is an effort to futility trying to convince them otherwise. Just let them perish for their lack of knowledge save for the few who are open minded. Their pastors have a lot of cases to answer to for reducing the legacy of Jesus to a mere idol cos this is refurbished idolatry.
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by ilynem(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

I guess that means your bible is fake you just affirmed it as these quotes came from where ? Quran ?
There is absolutely no need trying to explain those quotes to you. you are basing your argument on a book you don't even believe and that is a logical fallacy and shows you won't even argue logically.
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

So please don't change bone of contention ,no one is talking about Paul here am quoting what your own Bible stated

My friend what then are you stating ..I dare you to now say your bible is wrong or we edited it .
You have no justification or points to present so stop pretending about something
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2017
Even the Father calls Jesus Christ GOD:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." Heb. 1:8
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

There is absolutely no need trying to explain those quotes to you. you are basing your argument on a book you don't even believe and that is a logical fallacy and shows you won't even argue logically.

Hmmmm grin from a beaten man.... You are just beating about the bush .... No one is arguing about whether we believe in bible or not

Iam simply contradicting what you Christians claim which is blasphemous ..I then presented verses from the holy book that you believe in that's all

You don't even know your own Bible ...all any of you can do is to rant or beat about the bush .....am using your own book to contradict your belief

Why waste my time to bring in what Quran states when y don't even understand your bible na Quran u go understand

Abeg ....I don submit ..go one to continue ",seeing the light"
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2017
The disciples knew Jesus was GOD.

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." John 20:28

"And they stoned Stephen,calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Acts 7:59

2 Likes

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 22, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Even the Father calls Jesus Christ GOD:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." Heb. 1:8

grin grin grin grin o boy this your bible try oooooo full of contradictions ..becasue you pple edited it from book of this to book of that .point out one edited verse in the Quran .
Question is now where did those verses I presented come from
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2017
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD" Jn. 1:1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

grin grin grin grin o boy this your bible try oooooo full of contradictions ..becasue you pple edited it from book of this to book of that .point out one edited verse in the Quran .
Question is now where did those verses I presented come from

Have you taken time to notice that no portion of the Bible states that Jesus is not GOD?

If only you read the Bible well before jumping out to open this ignorant thread, you would have known that while Jesus made it clear that only GOD is "good", He called Himself the "good" Shephered. So, Jesus calls Himself GOD, Just as the Father does in Heb. 1:8.

Don't even try to compare the Almighty Word of GOD with that poorly articulated piece of meaningless lines called the koran.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 22, 2017
Unless you can explain those verses I have no more points to issues to raise with you .... Keep seeing the light

Even in your own religion you have Christians arguing Jesus no be God ..simple logic... God allowed him self to be crucified abi?

One final question when jesua was being crucified ,he looked up and said what ?
Jesus go claim me before he claims you for none of you are truly worshipping as he taught

I dare all of you to go back and read bible from beginning to end and I dare you to claim you are not confused ..even though u lie to your selves .

Why bother going further when its clear as daylight and you still are blaspheming .

Rest my case .....
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:31pm On May 22, 2017
Let's start from Jesus' given name, Emmanuel. Guess what Emmanuel means? GOD WITH US!

JESUS IS GOD WITH US. THE GOD THAT IS WITH US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by zionmade1: 7:36pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:
Unless you can explain those verses I have no more points to issues to raise with you .... Keep seeing the light

Even in your own religion you have Christians arguing Jesus no be God ..simple logic... God allowed him self to be crucified abi?

One final question when issues was being crucified ,heclooked up and said what ?
Jesus go claim me before he claims you for on one of you are truly worshipping as he taught

I dare all of you to go back and read bible from beg to end and I dare you to claim you are not confused ..even though u lie to your selves .

Why bother going further when its clear as daylight and you still are blaspheming .

Rest my case .....
Hmm u guys have d strength to argue with someone who takes camel and donkey urine as diet.
Hey u, do u think there is any relationship between ur devilish islam and Christianity or do u think dat terrorism constitution koran has any similarity with d bible. Camel urine caffaine drinking paedophilic uncircumcised follower of a murderer
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by DoctorAlien(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2017
Confused reading the Bible?

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor. 2:14

As long as you continue to approach the Divine Word of GOD trusting in your own human wisdom, they will never make meaning to you. Yet in that great Book is contained priceless Words that have instructed, lifted and ennobled men, and inspired countless others to achieve great feats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by zionmade1: 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

One final question when issues was being crucified ,heclooked up and said what ?
Jesus go claim me before he claims you for on one of you are truly worshipping as he taught

I dare all of you to go back and read bible from beg to end and I dare you to claim you are not confused ..even though u lie to your selves .

Rest my case .....
Lets take a minute and talk about d man who shamelessly had several sex sections with a 9yr old
A man who abducted saffiyya and killed her family members
A man who slept with his own daughter in law
A man who preferred camel urine to water
A man whose destiny was tied to marrying widows
A man who introduced terrorism to d world
Lets talk about mohammad
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by felixomor: 8:23pm On May 22, 2017
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

As you can see even from old testament
Jesus is called "The Mighty God"
"Everlasting Father"

This thread is based on ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 22, 2017
felixomor:
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

As you can see even from old testament
Jesus is called "The Mighty God"
"Everlasting Father"

This thread is based on ignorance.

Look at your ignorance you don't even know what you submitted and have proved me right ..."new testament"
grin grin grin bunch of confused things relying on a book that is always revised ..how holy then is the book? Now you are all disclaiming the verses right ? Bunch of jokers ....

You people are still here am long done with my final submission. ..wait for the next topic that is when you will know and understand your bible for what it is ..."man made" to create easier path for you to avoid the true path of worshipping God .
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by zionmade1: 8:33pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

Look at your ignorance you don't even know what you submitted and have proved me right ..."new testament"
grin grin grin bunch of confused things relying on a book that is always revised ..how holy then is the book? Now you are all disclaiming the verses right ? Bunch of jokers ....

You people are still here am long done with my final submission. ..wait for the next topic that is when you will know and understand your bible for what it is ..."man made" to create easier path for you to avoid the true path of worshipping God .

Lets take a minute and talk about d man who
shamelessly had several sex sections with a 9yr
old
A man who abducted saffiyya and killed her
family members
A man whose destiny was tied to marrying
widows
Lets talk about mohammad
Common dont run away lets talk about ur perfect prophet
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 22, 2017
None of you has presented a valid point u just as usual jumped to insulting Islam and prophet saw grin grin grin grin
Attack mechanism grin grin grin

the truth is clear and deep down you are as confused as your own pastors ....

Camel and urine right ..don't worry I will use your own man made holy book to respond to you.

Am done with this ......continue to see the " light
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 22, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Have you taken time to notice that no portion of the Bible states that Jesus is not GOD?

If only you read the Bible well before jumping out to open this ignorant thread, you would have known that while Jesus made it clear that only GOD is "good", He called Himself the "good" Shephered. So, Jesus calls Himself GOD, Just as the Father does in Heb. 1:8.

Don't even try to compare the Almighty Word of GOD with that poorly articulated piece of meaningless lines called the koran.

I can never compare my dear ,.....how can I?when its clear ...

So there are verses that clearly and categorically state that Jesu na God abi? Like I said all of you don't read
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 22, 2017
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by zionmade1: 8:54pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:
None of you has presented a valid point u just as usual jumped to insulting Islam and prophet saw grin grin grin grin
Attack mechanism grin grin grin

the truth is clear and deep down you are as confused as your own pastors ....

Camel and urine right ..don't worry I will use your own man made holy book to respond to you.

Am done with this ......continue to see the " light
Lets take a minute and talk about d man who
shamelessly had several sex sections with a 9yr
old
A man who abducted saffiyya and killed her
family members
A man whose destiny was tied to marrying
widows
Lets talk about mohammad
Are u running? All they teach u guys in ur stinking terrorist training ground AKA mosques is to criticize about Jesus. But once u hear lets talk about mohammad u start running as if something is chasing u
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by ilynem(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

Hmmmm grin from a beaten man.... You are just beating about the bush .... No one is arguing about whether we believe in bible or not

Iam simply contradicting what you Christians claim which is blasphemous ..I then presented verses from the holy book that you believe in that's all

You don't even know your own Bible ...all any of you can do is to rant or beat about the bush .....am using your own book to contradict your belief

Why waste my time to bring in what Quran states when y don't even understand your bible na Quran u go understand

Abeg ....I don submit ..go one to continue ",seeing the light"
Knock yourself out sir.
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by Runninghare(m): 9:12pm On May 22, 2017
nursah..u've done noble..pls 1st of all lets take what d ppl of those times tot who jesus was.. jhn 5vs18 therefore the jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that GOD WAS HIS FATHER, MAKING HIMSELF EQUAL WITH GOD. implication, a son of GOD is an extension of GOD..nursah..brb
Re: Jesus No Be God: Read Bible Well by felixomor: 9:13pm On May 22, 2017
nurshah:

You call Isaiah "New testament"

Hahahaha
My God,
See ignorance of epic proportions
Ignorance in 4D. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Francis Calls For 'One World Government' To 'Save Humanity' / Why Does God Allow These Disasters To Happen? / Ignore Any Babalawo Who Promise To Preaper You Money Or Love Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.