Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment (34808 Views)

How NSCDC, Immigration, Prison Service Heads ‘secured’ Fresh Tenure Extension / Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent / BREAKING: Buhari Declares Tenure Extension Of APC Nat. Chairman, Others As Illeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by seunmsg(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2017
Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State said on Monday that he would contest his removal from office during his first term tenure.
The governor spoke on his monthly public enlightenment programme, “Meet Your Governor in Ado Ekiti”.
He said since the Supreme Court had ruled that his impeachment was illegal, null and void, he reserved the constitutional right to so contest the removal.
According to him, since his tenure had been adjudged by the Supreme Court to have been illegally truncated, he had no option than to approach the same court to seek interpretation of the judgement.
The governor said the pertinent question to ask the court was whether by virtue of an earlier judgement in his favour dismissing his removal, he had no right to seek to complete his remaining tenure of seven months.
He emphasised that the case as to whether he was entitled to complete his tenure or not must first be determined before there could be another governorship election in the state in 2018.
Mr. Fayose was sworn in for the first term tenure in May 2003, but his tenure was terminated through impeachment on October 16, 2006.
Meanwhile, the governor has said that he was not bothered by the ongoing strike by fuel dealers in the state.

He said he would not rescind his decision to stop further erection of filling stations in residential areas, even if they strike for one year.
He said demolition of such fuel stations, including those erected near schools would commence on Tuesday.
Besides, he placed a ban on commercial activities in all fuel stations that were currently on strike.
He said there was no way he could allow shops attached to fuel stations to be opened to business when the real filling station was closed to motorists.
Mr. Fayose expressed gratitude to the Federal Government for renaming the Federal University, Oye Ekiti after the late Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo, saying “I begged for it.’’
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/231868-fayose-seeks-to-complete-tenure-aborted-by-impeachment.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by seunmsg(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2017
Fayose is a joker. He won't get a day extension to his tenure next year.

Lalasticlala, come and do the needful.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by BeardedMeat(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2017
OP is it paining you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by krasican(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2017
he wants to cling onto immunity for another 7 months....he is afraid ba ...the child dat dances surugede does not know dat surugede is a dance of d spirit

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:00pm On May 22, 2017
Great man

18 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by seunmsg(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2017
BeardedMeat:
OP is it paining you?

Yes. I am from Ekiti and sad that Fayose will waste our money on another wild goose chase that will end up in nothing.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by hotspec(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2017
Selfish OP. U posted a topic and u still be FTC.
For Fayose, yeye dey smell. Anyway...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by seunmsg(m): 9:15pm On May 22, 2017
krasican:
he wants to cling onto immunity for another 7 months....he is afraid ba ...the child dat dances surugede does not know dat surugede is a dance of d spirit

Don't mind the clown. His tenure will end next year and he's scared of losing his immunity status. His term will end next year and no back door judgement can give him an extra day.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by ademega(m): 9:19pm On May 22, 2017
This is a very sad news to ekiti people. Funny enough this man paid himself all the money he was entitled to during that period in his first 3 months in office. He knows that APC would take over that state in the next election for sure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by BeardedMeat(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Yes. I am from Ekiti and sad that Fayose will waste our money on another wild goose chase that will end up in nothing.
Chai! Don't you have sniper in your area? It's fast.

19 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by doctokwus: 9:31pm On May 22, 2017
Why only 7 months extension.
Fayose shud as well approach the Supreme Court to grant him a full 4yrs to complete his truncated first tenure!
Whenever I see d likes of Fayose,fmr president GEJ, holding office in 21st century Nigeria,i sometimes tend to agree with those that say that Nigeria as presently structured is doomed.
If each region is allowed to develop on its own,as it was during d first republic or so,i bet by d time a state such as Ekiti sees how far other regions and Co states av left it backward,even before an election,they wud chase out d likes of Fayose from office with stones,sticks and cudgels!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by seunmsg(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Chai! Don't you have sniper in your area? It's fast.

I am an omoluabi, we are diplomatic and responsible. We address our political differences tactically and not through violence.

62 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by shaddoww: 9:37pm On May 22, 2017
I hope d average Ekiti man can now see d difference between a man who lost an election, but chose to respect the wish of d people n concede defeat n walk away, to a man whose tenure is to legally end by August 2018 but isn't ready to leave.
The question to ask now is dat, is he doing this because he loves d people n doesn't want to leave dem?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by GameGod(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2017
Fayose na confirm mad man aswear

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by BeardedMeat(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
seunmsg:

I am an omoluabi, we are diplomatic and responsible. We address our political differences tactically and not through violence.
Is this an answer to my honest question? OK.

For the records, Oshokomole is a very tough meat for you enemies to chew. You have tried severally, and the man has trounced you severally. The fear of Ifayose is the beginning of wisdom for APC.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by IdeyFindWife: 9:43pm On May 22, 2017
Oshokomole on Third Term Bid

Hope it won't make the people push you off the 3rd Mainland Bridge grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2017
The case is DEAD ON ARRIVAL and a waste of time and resources.

Peter Obi was illegally impeached in 2006, yet the court didn't add even 1hr to his tenure after he was reinstated.

Rasheed Ladoja was illegally impeached in January 2006 and was reinstated in December same year, yet the SC refused to add 1hr to his term even after he approached the court.

Admiral Nyako's 2014 impeachment has been declared illegal yet Supreme Court in December dismissed his appeal for reinstatement.

Fayose should prepare to handover. Power is transient. I guess he never thought that a day will come when he will no longer be governor...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by qualityovenbake(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2017
Power is sweet indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by hardywaltz(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2017
Fayose ur lawyers just want to finish the little money u managed to steal for yourself on frivolous litigation that has been settled severally in Alams of Bayelsa State who wanted to return to power throu this same route.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by TheFreeOne: 10:20pm On May 22, 2017
Ifayooooooseeeeeeee cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 10:24pm On May 22, 2017
He should quietly go and rest, we don't need drama

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by DjHypno(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 22, 2017
grin
Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by BuariCopyPaste: 10:26pm On May 22, 2017
It's your birthright sir... wish you good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by oshe11: 10:27pm On May 22, 2017
k
doctokwus:
Why only 7 months extension.
Fayose shud as well approach the Supreme Court to grant him a full 4yrs to complete his truncated first tenure!
Whenever I see d likes of Fayose,fmr president GEJ, holding office in 21st century Nigeria,i sometimes tend to agree with those that say that Nigeria as presently structured is doomed.
If each region is allowed to develop on its own,as it was during d first republic or so,i bet by d time a state such as Ekiti sees how far other regions and Co states av left it backward,even before an election,they wud chase out d likes of Fayose from office with stones,sticks and cudgels!
k
And Buhari is working right?

Na statements like this nai dey mk dis coup mk smal senx

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by auntysimbiat(f): 10:28pm On May 22, 2017
Hmmm..
Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by ipobarecriminals: 10:28pm On May 22, 2017
Confused Igbos yweet leader

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by banmee(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2017
BeardedMeat:
OP is it paining you?

No mind the OP. I support fayose in this matter. He needs to stay as governor in fact for another 24 months. Let him continue ripping the state off. They don't deserve good leadership. No Nigerian in nigeria does.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 22, 2017
seunmsg:
Fayose is a joker. He won't get a day extension to his tenure next year.

Lalasticlala, come and do the needful.

Fayose is the greatest man from the South West.
Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by Praktikals(m): 10:30pm On May 22, 2017
i hate the guy but I think there is sense in this particular pursuit

1 Like

Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by kizygist: 10:30pm On May 22, 2017
What extension is he talking about. He should just relax instead of him wasting his money. Apply for NIS recruitment 2017
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/apply-nigeria-immigration-service-nis-recruitment-2017/
Re: Fayose Seeks 7 Months Tenure Extension Aborted By Impeachment by Maydfourth: 10:31pm On May 22, 2017
This man no get adviser ooooooo....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) / Troops Push Boko Haram Further Into Lake Chad After Military Operation. Photos / Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.