Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court (2980 Views)

Kwankwaso Pays Condolence Visit To Makarfi Over The Death Of His Father / PDP Reacts To Makarfi’s Death / Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by khrisE(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2017
Ali Modu Sheriff, national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has failed in his bid to stop the Supreme Court from hearing an appeal filed by his rival, Ahmed Makarfi.

Makarfi is challenging a ruling by the Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt which pronounced Sheriff the party’s chairman. Moreover, Sheriff had asked the apex court to discountenance Makarfi’s appeal based on his (Sheriff) court affirmation as the party’s chairman. He said it was illegal for Makarfi to institute the legal suit since it was not recognised by law.

Akin Olujimi, former attorney-general of the federation, appeared for Sheriff, while Wole Olanipekun, stood as counsel to the Makarfi group.

After listening to both counsels, Walter Onnoghen, chief justice of Nigeria, leading the five-man panel, ruled in Makarfi’s favour.
“In this circumstance, we find merit in the appeal which is accordingly granted,” Onnoghen said

Based on the ruling, the Supreme Court is set to hear the appeal.

Source: http://www.wapextra.com.ng/pdp-sheriff-loses-to-makarfi-at-supreme-court/

cc ; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by khrisE(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2017
hmm
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by Clemsworld(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2017
PpD¶
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by auntysimbiat(f): 9:49pm On May 22, 2017
Good for him
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by khrisE(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2017
auntysimbiat:
Good for him
ok
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by leofab(f): 12:24am On May 23, 2017
One step at a time.
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by gberra: 12:51am On May 23, 2017
leofab:
One step at a time.
Come to daddy. cheesy
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by Vicolan: 5:10am On May 23, 2017
If Markafi emerges as the winner !! Is Sheriff gonna stay as a member again under d platform of PDP? Oya d guy above me shd answer me ooo
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by opalu: 6:04am On May 23, 2017
Okay
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by rayblast(m): 6:43am On May 23, 2017
Una dey Fear makarfi Pdp dead long time ago. Make una go meet obasanjo and Una problems shall b resolved. He is behind all ur predicaments
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by khrisE(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2017
rayblast:
Una dey Fear makarfi Pdp dead long time ago. Make una go meet obasanjo and Una problems shall b resolved. He is behind all ur predicaments
Lol
Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by leofab(f): 5:11pm On May 23, 2017
gberra:
Come to daddy. cheesy
daddy got a pin size d**k.. I need 15inch.. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court by khrisE(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2017
gberra:
Are you on steroids? shocked shocked.. leo, You really want to flog yourself? grin..
I don't want you to get a 6months injury. grin
Big daddy has a very good size in his candy shop. Let me take you to my candy shop, you would love it. cheesy
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Politics of Migration And Settlement in Nigeria's regions / Archbishop Chukwuma Hails Ugwuanyi’s Commitment To Children’s Welfare / Peter Obi, Poor Imitation Of VP Osinbajo Aka Star Boy. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.