Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (269594 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2017
horlanrewaju11:
big boss i commend ur effort.... pls what are my chances,jamb score 229 course Banking and finance,institution usman dan fodio sokoto which had just 90 applicants forr the course last year
With 90applicants, den i'll say fire on!...Ur score is sufficient to buy u dat course!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by petercoolkid(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
KillerFrost:
Does LASU offer admission to 2nd Choice candidates (DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY)... IF yes,

1) what is the cut off?..
2) what is the admission quota
3) I'm a non indigene
4) scored 238 .
5) using last year's point system, I should have 65.75
6) What are my chances.. if slim, what course do you advise I switch to?

Please urgent replies needed.. thanks in anticipation
Contact @lasumsa on Twitter for more info
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

While I don't know much about Delsu, however, if the screenshot of 2016 UTME admission screening advert in Delsu you attached to this post is the reason you opined that they don't accept second choice, then I might want to believe you are not totally correct. Last year, JAMB ensured that candidates have to make just a single choice of a public university (state/federal) as first choice during registration. This definitely made all state and federal universities first choice only, which is why Delsu would wanna restrict the advert to first choice only. I doubt if that's what they (Delsu) have been doing over the years. This year is a different story. Jamb gave candidates the liberty of choosing state unis and even the 12 new federal unis as second choice. That would influence the way Admission screening for this year would be advertised by schools.

I put that image to give reference... prior to last year they won't State it but Delsu don't accept 2nd choice.. you'll buy screening form for nothing. You just endend up enriching them.. it has been their way. Stay safe and pick something Else while you still can
Cc: alkarulezz

https://www.nairaland.com/2769004/delta-state-university-delsu-abraka
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by leomarz007: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
junnaiskye:
utme 247
o level 3Bs 2Cs
i chose medlab sci @rsust but i wanna switch to unilag......pls suggest a good medical related course that will b sure for me.

are you from rivers....your course is good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by beccapecks: 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
hello..
I have 297 in utme. I want to change my institution. which of these institutions do you think I can choose and my course( medicine) will not be changed at all.
UNILAG, UNILORIN and UNN. I don't have any connection except God. pls.
WASSCE: 2A, 2B, 1C

is it true that UNILORIN considers only indigenes??
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
beccapecks:
hello..
I have 297 in utme. I want to change my institution. which of these institutions do you think I can choose and my course( medicine) will not be changed at all.

Unilorin considering indigenes, Falasy!..My sister, an igbo gurl got admission dere!...For ur Question, UNN will give u admission into merit list...am super sure of dat!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
beccapecks:
hello..

Ur 1st post on nairaland, in my thread, WOW, am Blushing already

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chike1147: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
my score 228
phy-b3
chem-b3
bio-c4
eng-c6

can i get any medical related course with it?? if no which course/institution do u have in mind that will fetch me admission
advice needed
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
KillerFrost:

I put that image to give reference... prior to last year they won't State it but Delsu don't accept 2nd choice.. you'll buy screening form for nothing. You just endend up enriching them.. it has been their way. Stay safe and pick something Else while you still can

https://www.nairaland.com/2769004/delta-state-university-delsu-abraka

Well said bro
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
chike1147:
my score 228
phy-b3
chem-b3
bio-c4
eng-c6

can i get any medical related course with it?? if no which course/institution do u have in mind that will fetch me admission
advice needed
u can get anatomy wid that!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
KillerFrost:

https://www.nairaland.com/2769004/Delta estates university a delays a breaks
Thanks for the information. You really think I'm following this thread for myself lol.. doing all this for a kid sister. I'm in the position of nurturing those who are already in the university.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Whiteshades(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
u can get anatomy wid that!
Is 315 with 1B3, 2 C4, 1 C5, 1 C6 Ok for medicine in unn
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

Thanks for the information. You really think I'm following this thread for myself lol.. doing all this for a kid sister. I'm in the position of nurturing those who are already in the university.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by beccapecks: 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
thanks for your replies.
some people say one has to claim kwara state local government before being given admission in unilorin. is it true..

I read on nairaland that UNN considers Igbo's and people from the biafran states. what chance do I have now. I'm non-igbo
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by beccapecks: 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
pls who has information about UNIMED. the new medical university in ondo state.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Engrobiorah(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Ur 1st post on nairaland, in my thread, WOW, am Blushing already
Please bro
Has jamb reopened their portal for change of course?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=AngelicDamsel post=57225225][/quote]
Funny meme u got there.. Well it's a faceless forum, so you're free to doubt me, but that doesn't invalidate my point. How are you by the way and your admission hustle?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Whiteshades:

Is 315 with 1B3, 2 C4, 1 C5, 1 C6 Ok for medicine in unn
2Many C's man!...Unn uses point grade, meaning ur 0level counts, but UNIBEN don't, so i'll advice u to change to uniben!...Point grade made my sister wid 320 last year to look foolish, as ger waec was fully wid C's...While people with 290 were bagging medicine in Uniben!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
beccapecks:
thanks for your replies.
some people say one has to claim kwara state local government before being given admission in unilorin. is it true..

I read on nairaland that UNN considers Igbo's and people from the biafran states. what chance do I have now. I'm non-igbo

pls wat state are u from?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by icebird25(m): 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
jamb score 199 and I want to switch to delsu,any chance of admission
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Engrobiorah:
Please bro Has jamb reopened their portal for change of course?
No, not yet!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
icebird25:
jamb score 199 and I want to switch to delsu,any chance of admission
What course?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by icebird25(m): 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
What course?
law
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
icebird25:

law
sorry to say diz man, but u cant get Law for 199 anywr in nigeria, Except u have connections....Try changing to educational courses, U get a better chance wid that!

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Freakthugger: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
pls o watin dey sup 4 dis Change of institution...some people dey talk Sai e dn close...others talk Sai Na dis month e go start...abeg wat is d real gist...cause I need dis Change of institution
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by NobleRomm(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
EKSU may give prefrence to 1st choice candidate, but on d long run, They'll definately consider the 2nd choice people....And For ur chances, They are super Great there!
j

hello... has the change of institution and course begin?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
Freakthugger:
pls o watin dey sup 4 dis Change of institution...some people dey talk Sai e dn close...others talk Sai Na dis month e go start...abeg wat is d real gist...cause I need dis Change of institution
All info about jamb 2017 change if course/insitution, u get it here!....Now d form ws previously out, People did change theirs, but when jamb discontinued d services from d Initial Cbt centres to jamb office, Wahala come day, So jamb kon close d site....Dem say they go re-open am, so nah watin we day wait for now!....Come Chop pop-corn as we day wait for jamb season2 to start!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
NobleRomm:
j

hello... has the change of institution and course begin?
No man, kip in touch!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Freakthugger: 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
All info about jamb 2017 change if course/insitution, u get it here!....Now d form ws previously out, People did change theirs, but when jamb discontinued d services from d Initial Cbt centres to jamb office, Wahala come day, So jamb kon close d site....Dem say they go re-open am, so nah watin we day wait for now!....Come Chop pop-corn as we day wait for jamb season2 to start!
ok Na bro...thanks
bt me I pay through remitta lst wk Wednesday b4 dis their closed rumours... hope Sai I no gats Pay again wen dey re open am...mak ma ba no go waste
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Freakthugger: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
thanks bro...bt I pay through remitta lst Wednesday...hope Sai I no gats Pay again wen d portal reopen...
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Freakthugger:
ok Na bro...thanks
bt me I pay through remitta lst wk Wednesday b4 dis their closed rumours... hope Sai I no gats Pay again wen dey re open am...mak ma ba no go waste
no u don't have to!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobs22: 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Pls guys i really need ur advice i won't forgive myself if it was my decision that made me not to be admitted,guys i scored 205 in jamb and my olevel i had 2bs and 3cs school of choice is funaab,course is mech.engine i know my chances are slim buh my dad and friends says i should change to agric.engineering dat i am sure of admission buh am scared,engineering be it anykind are always competitive,i had a similar score last year lasu dint admit me,so i told dem i want to change to fupre and study geophysis instead,pls if u were in my shoes wat would u do and pls state universities is out of d picture because of d fees,pls i need to knw wat my chances are...pls guys replyASAP..thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (184) (Reply)

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.