Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? (2596 Views)

Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger / SALBAS Oil And Gas: The Biggest Filling Station In Nigeria With Almost 200 Staff / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by NwaforIgbo: 10:42pm On May 22, 2017
I have heard many claims of Nigeria being thee biggest country in Africa, even from policltians men of great learning.
This prompted me to do a research on it.

Here are my findings

Nigeria is not even the Biggest country in West Africa.

The total land mass of Nigeria is 923,768km which is large but not the largest. Which makes it the 14 largest country in Africa.

The Biggest and largest country in Africa is Algeria.

Though Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa.

See pics.

Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2017
Nigeria abi Zoogeria no b top 10. Infact after division might just b d last in land size
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by NwaforIgbo: 10:49pm On May 22, 2017
The Governor of Ebonyi state making the same claim.

Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 22, 2017
So Tanzania is bigger than Nigeria? SMH
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by virus05(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2017
Imagine see small chad
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by conductor1: 11:05pm On May 22, 2017
That's our point ever since 1967. Nigeria is not really the giant of Africa. They need to evict Biafra out of the map so that they can merge with Niger Republic and Chad to form a bigger, yet more useless giant slowpoke of Africa.
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by leofab(f): 12:22am On May 23, 2017
Lol lol
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by Gayigaskia(m): 2:37am On May 23, 2017
How you say your finding is that "Nigeria is the biggest country in west Africa" even with the list shows clearly that Niger and Mali are way bigger that Nigeria?
I guess you are one those Nigerians who don't know Mali and Niger are in west Africa, hahaha grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by TheKingdom: 3:11am On May 23, 2017
Useless thread. Why when your house is on fire you are hunting for rats?
Re: Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? by locosis007(m): 4:46am On May 23, 2017
I think by biggest. they mean

1. economy, but not present day oh.. buhari don cast everything
2. population size, only Lagos alone has roughly 21m ppl (unofficial).

even in diaspora too Nigeria still leads.. people they run leave problem country.

(1) (Reply)

Sheu Sanni Asked Buhari To Reach Out To Tinubu For 2019 Presidential Ticket / Cause Of Death Of Senator Wakili Revealed / Meet Natasha Hadiza Akpoti, Candidate For 2019 Kogi Central Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.