Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) (538 Views)

Robbers Attack UNIABUJA Medical Hostel Again, Many Injured (Graphic Photos) / Taxify Driver Killed And His Car Stolen In Lagos (graphic Photo) / SARS Shoot Guests At A Burial In Rivers State, One Dead, Many Injured (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 12:49am On May 23, 2017
By Thomas Burrows and Rory Tingle For Mailonline
17:47 EDT 22 May 2017, updated 19:36 EDT 22 May 2017

Several people have been killed after explosions were heard inside Manchester Arena at the end of a teen concert tonight.

Video footage showed thousands of people fleeing in tears from the venue, many covered in blood, after the Ariana Grande concert finished.

Armed officers surrounded the venue and bloodied concertgoers were pictured being helped by emergency services outside the gig.

Evie Brewster, who attended the concert, told MailOnline: 'Ariana Grande had just finished her last song and left the stage when a huge explosion sounded.

'Suddenly everybody started screaming and running for the exit.

Source; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531940/Emergency-services-rush-Manchester-Arena.html

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 12:50am On May 23, 2017
Bloodied concertgoers were pictured being helped by armed police outside the arena after explosions rang out at the gig.

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 12:50am On May 23, 2017
We could hear the police and ambulance sirens. It was terrifying.

'There were thousands of people trying to get out at once. They were all screaming and crying. The whole place smelt smokey and burnt.

'The explosion sounded like it was inside the building somewhere.'

Manchester's Victoria station, which backs onto the arena, has been evacuated and all trains cancelled.

Greater Manchester Police said: 'Emergency services are currently responding to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena.

'There are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured.

'Please AVOID the area as first responders work tirelessly at the scene. Details of a casualty bureau will follow as soon as available.
Concert-goers helped injured people make their way from the gig in Manchester tonight.

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 12:53am On May 23, 2017
onathan Yates, 24, from the Wirral, who attended the gig, told MailOnline: 'The concert had finished and the lights came on almost instantly. There was a bang, a weird bang. There were lots of balloons but I thought to myself that can't be a balloon, that's not normal.

'We were sat on the floor level and it came from the higher seats, people were running and screaming. Everyone stopped and I turned to my friend and said 'we need to run'. Everyone was running and screaming and then when we got out it felt a bit more OK.

'I heard five or six bangs that sounded like gunshots. When we got outside people were outside, crying and on their phones.

'You don't think it's something that's going to happen when you go...it was such a nice, fun concert.'

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by chuose2: 12:54am On May 23, 2017
make we bet, na the most peaceful religion on earth.
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by divide9ja: 12:55am On May 23, 2017
Na dem oh again.

Na only Jesus go save us from these people.
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 12:55am On May 23, 2017
Nick Schurok, 28, from Manchester, told MailOnline: 'Ariana Grande had just finished the concert and the lights came on. Everyone started leaving. I was on the floor and at the back of the arena people started exiting through the tunnels.

'There was a bang in the left tunnel and everyone went to the middle tunnel. Then about two minutes later, there was another bang. The bang was so loud and crowds of people were running. There were lots of children and families there.'

Another witness Jenny Brewster told MailOnline: 'We were exiting the building when it happened. We'd headed towards the main doors as Ariana was performing the last song because we wanted to beat the crowds, but – as we made our way there - a wall of security men blocked it and told us to go the other way.

Seconds later they shouted 'RUN!' and the explosion happened right behind them. Hundreds of people were running and screaming. Those men saved our lives.'
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:05am On May 23, 2017
Armed officers surrounded the venue after the explosion at the end of a performance by US singer Ariana Grande.

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:09am On May 23, 2017
People attending the concert by Ariana Grande fled in panic on hearing the noises - some in tears

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by Ekpekus(m): 1:12am On May 23, 2017

Currently following happenings on CNN.. I just hope it ain't terrorist attack. shocked
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by teelaw4life(m): 1:13am On May 23, 2017
It's the usual suspects
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:13am On May 23, 2017
Ambulances rush to scene of the alleged explosion at Manc. Arena

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:14am On May 23, 2017
This was the view of the street outside Manchester Arena tonight after there were explosions at the Ariana Grande gig

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:15am On May 23, 2017
Footage posted online by concert-goers showing fans filing out of the building while an announcer tried to maintain calm.

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:20am On May 23, 2017
Ariana Grande performs at Manchester arena before big 'explosion'

1 Like

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:23am On May 23, 2017
Manchester Arena announcement tells crowds not to run and panic.

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:26am On May 23, 2017
chuose2:
make we bet, na the most peaceful religion on earth.
u mean the religion wey their faces they be like this

2 Likes

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by okooloyun1(m): 1:28am On May 23, 2017
Armed police at the scene

Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by padi94(m): 2:26am On May 23, 2017
Na God go help us, religion and extremism. This world is a ticking time bomb we need to rethink our life

Have you tried to apply for a job but find out you fall short of the skills and knowledge area required? If Yes then this is for you

I can get you the latest tutorial video with practice files for any skill you want to learn.... Just say it and I deliver it to you. Contact me!!! (Find out more, via my email bestchimp76@gmail.com)
Re: Several People Killed And Many Injured In Manchester Explosion (photos) by Mynd44: 5:22am On May 23, 2017

(1)

Do You Know This Gutter Bred Scum? / South African Man Is Raped For Three Days By Three Women (photos) / Evans’ Wife & Children Have Ghanaian Passports With Fake Surname (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.