Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined (1672 Views)

Sanusi Lamido's N200 Million Library Evacuated (Photos) / 2019 Budget: More Oil Revenue For FG As US Sanctions Venezuela’s Pretroluem / National Assembly To Create 80 Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 5:35am On May 23, 2017
it seems Osibanjo is not who he claims to be.

http://nigerianpilot.com/2016-budget-between-osinbajos-library-and-federal-polytechnics/

One of the dusts the budget raised was that the amount allocated for the library of the Vice President, Prof Yomi Osibanjo, was more than what libraries of all the federal polytechnics got put together.
According to the document, the library of the vice President Prof Osinbajo will gulp a staggering sum of N4, 906,822 on books, which is more than the total allocations of 11 polytechnics out of the 22 federal polytechnics we have in Nigeria. The total allocation for books for the 11 federal polytechnics, was a mere N3,832,038.
According to the document, among all government-owned educational institutions across all levels, only two got more allocations for books than what was proposed for the Vice President. The institutions are Federal University of Technology, Owerri, N6,886,157; and the National Open University of Nigeria, N6,466,895.
The need for this huge book allocation for the vice president’s office is even more baffling considering the fact that last year; the library of the Vice President got a budgetary allocation in excess of N7, 525,135 for the same purpose which gives impression that the office maybe venturing in the sale of books to make money for the government.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 5:37am On May 23, 2017
Vice President Osinbajo and multi-million naira books
A particularly disturbing instance of misplaced priority is the allocation for books for Vice President Osinbajo’s office.
Mr. Osinbajo’s office has more money allocated to it for books than what each of the federal polytechnics in the country are getting for the same purpose.
While N4,906,822 was proposed to be spent on books by Mr Osinbajo, the total allocation for books for 11 out of 22 federal polytechnics, which actually have book allocations, was a mere N3,832,038.
In fact, of all government-owned educational institutions across all levels, only two got more allocations for books than what was proposed for the Vice President. The institutions are Federal University of Technology, Owerri, N6,886,157; and the National Open University of Nigeria, N6,466,895.
The need for this huge book allocation for the vice president’s office is even more baffling considering the fact that last year, N7,525,135 was also budgeted for the same purpose.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198208-special-report-inside-massive-fraud-buharis-2016-budget.html
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 5:38am On May 23, 2017
Click like if you believe Osibanjo is corrupt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by doublewisdom: 5:40am On May 23, 2017
Pastor Osibanjo.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Godfullsam(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2017
That is CHANGE for you.

Does he have time to read books
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by omowolewa: 5:43am On May 23, 2017
The first issue here is the the VP isn't the chief Librarian or Head of Finance & Accounts in the library, so he might not be aware of the relatively high budget.

Secondly, the said Library isn't Yemi Osinbajo Library as erroneously indicated. He has his Law Library in Lagos.

Thirdly, Budget is an estimate until it's cash backed. If Yemi Osinbajo felt morally inconvenient about the issue as technically pointed out, he can decide to send the budget back for ammendments or simple decline funding.

Fourthly, in budgeting and appropriations MDAs and other government bodies associated with the budget submits their estimates through their Ministries after guidelines, the Federal Polytechnics mentioned submitted theirs based on priority.

Their priority isn't Library Assets, you can't force it on them.

It will be unethically bias to call a dog bad names in other to kill it. Slandering PYO name isn't a good stock in trade for any retail or wholesales outfit, buyers beware!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by orisa37: 5:45am On May 23, 2017
orevaenakeno93:
it seems Osibanjo is not who he claims to be.

http://nigerianpilot.com/2016-budget-between-osinbajos-library-and-federal-polytechnics/

One of the dusts the budget raised was that the amount allocated for the library of the Vice President, Prof Yomi Osibanjo, was more than what libraries of all the federal polytechnics got put together.
According to the document, the library of the vice President Prof Osinbajo will gulp a staggering sum of N4, 906,822 on books, which is more than the total allocations of 11 polytechnics out of the 22 federal polytechnics we have in Nigeria. The total allocation for books for the 11 federal polytechnics, was a mere N3,832,038.
According to the document, among all government-owned educational institutions across all levels, only two got more allocations for books than what was proposed for the Vice President. The institutions are Federal University of Technology, Owerri, N6,886,157; and the National Open University of Nigeria, N6,466,895.
The need for this huge book allocation for the vice president’s office is even more baffling considering the fact that last year; the library of the Vice President got a budgetary allocation in excess of N7, 525,135 for the same purpose which gives impression that the office maybe venturing in the sale of books to make money for the government.

Must be The Father of all Libraries.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 5:48am On May 23, 2017
look at him....

Buhari treats me like a son

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by blackpanda: 5:54am On May 23, 2017
Must these morons politicize everything

Smh. Nigeria fed govt does not have a single well functioning library in any part of the country!! Isn't that a shame. In my opinion that money is too small considering most of those books are going to be imported. By the time u convert the said millions in todays exchange rate, that money os pittance.

But I know when u are hungry jobless and frustrated anytime u hear money being spent for anything, its natural to feel bitter
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by mykelmeezy: 5:54am On May 23, 2017
is that so

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by opalu: 5:59am On May 23, 2017
If true then he should do the needful
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 6:18am On May 23, 2017
opalu:
If true then he should do the needful

what's the needful here
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by bewla(m): 6:36am On May 23, 2017
to early to castigates
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Flyingngel(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by CoolFreeday(m): 6:50am On May 23, 2017
Are the polytechnics new schools? The budget might be high but the comparison is off it.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 7:16am On May 23, 2017
orevaenakeno93:
Click like if Osibanjo is a fraud

share if it's just packaging
okay how about delta state mr oreva?if you could help us expose more fraud from your state it would be great.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by victorDanladi: 7:58am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:
The first issue here is the the VP isn't the chief Librarian or Head of Finance & Accounts in the library, so he might not be aware of the relatively high budget.

Secondly, the said Library isn't Yemi Osinbajo Library as erroneously indicated. He has his Law Library in Lagos.

Thirdly, Budget is an estimate until it's cash backed. If Yemi Osinbajo felt morally inconvenient about the issue as technically pointed out, he can decide to send the budget back for ammendments or simple decline funding.

Fourthly, in budgeting and appropriations MDAs and other government bodies associated with the budget submits their estimates through their Ministries after guidelines, the Federal Polytechnics mentioned submitted theirs based on priority.

It will be unethically bias to call a dog bad names in other to kill it. Slandering PYO name isn't a good stock in trade for any retail or wholesales outfit, buyers beware!
you dey mind the Jewish yeeboo suffering from 2015 post traumatic adjustment disorder with mild psychotic symptom(persecutory delusion).

GEJ yesterday BIAFRA today.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by victorDanladi: 8:01am On May 23, 2017
Anyway,Another deluded jewish tribe is having an excerbation of his psychosis

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by wristbangle: 8:04am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:

Word! It's not about defending him because he is a pastor but stating facts on ground.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 8:32am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:

Just reading your first point shows me that you are up to no good and whatever follows is just bla bla bla.

How can you claim that the VP is not aware of the amount that was budgeted for the departments under his office? Was it not same issues that caused problem last year when Bubu said he was not aware of somethings that were inserted in his budget.

Playing the "not being aware" card is admitting that the VP is incompetent and has no control over what happens within his office. Of course before the librarian and Head of Finance included it in the budget it most have been discussed with the VP. I doubt if you ever worked in office where accountability is taken seriously ( sorry this FG we are talking about nobody is held accountable for anything).

Secondly let's even assume that the VP saw it and then was not aware it was bigger than that of other polytechnic (which I assume may be the case since those responsible for preparing the budget for office of the VP are independent from those for polytechnics), there is no excuse for the VP not to have gone through the budget before now. How can a VP or acting President not know the exact contents of his budget more especially given the out cry over the amount allocated to presidential clinic as against all teaching hospital in the federation.

I know you are a member of BMC but please do not try to defend something that will haunt your generations to come. We are trying to fix our educational system, I believe given Osibanjo level of education and exposure he should be looking out for issues like this and ensures it does not happen again. Why are you guys encouraging these fine men to make same mistake of our past leaders?

2 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by diasporaman(m): 9:09am On May 23, 2017
Pray for Osinbande

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by omowolewa: 9:18am On May 23, 2017
Brugge:

Just reading your first point shows me that you are up to no good and whatever follows is just bla bla bla.

How can you claim that the VP is not aware of the amount that was budgeted for the departments under his office? Was it not same issues that caused problem last year when Bubu said he was not aware of somethings that were inserted in his budget.

Playing the "not being aware" card is admitting that the VP is incompetent and has no control over what happens within his office. Of course before the librarian and Head of Finance included it in the budget it most have been discussed with the VP. I doubt if you ever worked in office where accountability is taken seriously ( sorry this FG we are talking about nobody is held accountable for anything).

Secondly let's even assume that the VP saw it and then was not aware it was bigger than that of other polytechnic (which I assume may be the case since those responsible for preparing the budget for office of the VP are independent from those for polytechnics), there is no excuse for the VP not to have gone through the budget before now. How can a VP or acting President not know the exact contents of his budget more especially given the out cry over the amount allocated to presidential clinic as against all teaching hospital in the federation.

I know you are a member of BMC but please do not try to defend something that will haunt your generations to come. We are trying to fix our educational system, I believe given Osibanjo level of education and exposure he should be looking out for issues like this and ensures it does not happen again. Why are you guys encouraging these fine men to make same mistake of our past leaders?

I understand your approach, I will ask him to consult the Federal Polytechnics mentioned above when next he is about to present budget of Vice President's OFFICIAL LIBRARY.

That settles it abi? or you sha want me to affirm he monumental corruption?

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by DamiBukola: 9:44am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:

Shame unto your generation, ah bahhhhhh. Imagine your shallow defence to the corruption inside the 2nd budget of CHANGE.

No need to pray for the betterment of this country, tribalism, nepotism and their likes have killed the country beyond human repair.

Jonathan came "the south south/east fought for him amidst the monumental corruption.

Buhari came, "the West and North is ready to kill just to defend the monumental corruption going on in the government". Tell me the number of books bought by the N7b budgeted for the library in 2016.

Whether Osibanjo knows or not, he saw the list before it was passed to the NASS, let us wait and see whether he is going to send back the budget to the NASS for the reduction of that amount.

90% of the said sum budgeted for the library will go into his allies/cronies' accounts.

Shame shammeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ole ni yennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by DamiBukola: 9:48am On May 23, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Are the polytechnics new schools? The budget might be high but the comparison is off it.

olo*o, is Osibanjo's office (VP) Library, novel library? supporters of corruption, this one is even worst compare to the past administration.

I pray APC loose 2019 so that people like Osibanjo should be taken to the gutter or get killed by firing squad.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by omowolewa: 10:04am On May 23, 2017
DamiBukola:
Shame unto your generation, ah bahhhhhh. Imagine your shallow defence to the corruption inside the 2nd budget of CHANGE.

No need to pray for the betterment of this country, tribalism, nepotism and their likes have killed the country beyond human repair.

Jonathan came "the south south/east fought for him amidst the monumental corruption.

Buhari came, "the West and North is ready to kill just to defend the monumental corruption going on in the government". Tell me the number of books bought by the N7b budgeted for the library in 2016.

Whether Osibanjo knows or not, he saw the list before it was passed to the NASS, let us wait and see whether he is going to send back the budget to the NASS for the reduction of that amount.

90% of the said sum budgeted for the library will go into his allies/cronies' accounts.

Shame shammeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ole ni yennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

What is the breakdown of the said budget in terms of capital and recurrents? if PYO is on the wrong lane trust me I would be against it.

But budget analysis doesn't work like that.

Good observations, the budget office will start relative analysis instead material item analysis.

Get it right this is not ethnic advocacy.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by DamiBukola: 10:20am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:

What is the breakdown of the said budget in terms of capital and recurrents? if PYO is on the wrong lane trust me I would be against it.

But budget analysis doesn't work like that.

Good observations, the budget office will start relative analysis instead material item analysis.

Get it right this is not ethnic advocacy.
No need of joining issues with you because in Nigeria, my party people can never err nor can my tribal man does anything bad.

The budget for the 2nd year too is full of fraudulent allocations.

Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ni yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

aye ti bajeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

What is he even doingggggggggggggggggggg with library if as rightly said by one of your likes up there that he has a library. Of course he has A LIBRARY at VI (Whynot or how is it even spelt) close to Ecolog Group beside GTBank Headquarters.

Avenue to empower their supporters and cronies like you.

Ole ..................
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by Nobody: 10:54am On May 23, 2017
omowolewa:

I understand your approach, I will ask him to consult the Federal Polytechnics mentioned above when next he is about to present budget of Vice President's OFFICIAL LIBRARY.

That settles it abi? or you sha want me to affirm he monumental corruption?

He does not need to consult them, all he needs do is to check the budget presented to him and knowing the value of education he should be aware that there is problem. Unless your point is that he never examined the budget, it is just a case of whatever they sent he ascent to it and move on? I thought one of the foundation of the present administration is to do things differently in the interest of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by CoolFreeday(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2017
DamiBukola:
olo*o, is Osibanjo's office (VP) Library, novel library? supporters of corruption, this one is even worst compare to the past administration.

I pray APC loose 2019 so that people like Osibanjo should be taken to the gutter or get killed by firing squad.

that's my prayer too, let them lose to a new party so they too can be investigated.
I'm not sentimental like you.
Re: Osibanjo Library Budget More Than All Fed Polytechnics Combined by GreyLaw(m): 9:33pm On May 23, 2017
See them crawling out to defend nonsense!

The article states that roughly the same amount was set aside for the same VP's library in last year's budget. Then I ask, the books bought last year, were they burnt?

I know we all love PYO, but that doesn't mean we should close our eyes to irregularities and go to sleep, while the country is auctioned off.

It's shameful to see Nigerians supporting this error because the VP, who is their "brother" and "friend" is the one in question. Bring GEJ into the equation now and watch as some other group begin to fight for him because he is their 'brother' and 'cousin'.

Hypocrites!

It's finished; Nigeria is irredeemable with this stupid mentality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Restructuring And Secession In Nigeria? / President Buhari Needed Lots Of Rest After Dealing Deadly Blow / ‏‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.