Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State (1324 Views)

Ben Ayade Commissions Toothpick Factory In Cross River State / Governor Ayade Commissions Toothpick Factory In Cross River / APC Where Is The Pencil Factory You Promised Nigerians? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by ITbomb(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2017
As part of activities marking his second year anniversary in office, Governor Udom Emmanuel yesterday May 22, 2017, commissioned the Akwa Ibom State Toothpick and Pencil Factory with accompanying Allied Products.

Gov Udom Emmanuel Commissioning Akwa Ibom State Toothpick and Pencil Factory
On assumption of office, Governor Udom had outlined the 5-point agenda of his administration, top of which is the Industrialization drive.

In fulfillment of this Industrialization drive, Gov Udom has taken a massive stride in resuscitating failed industries in the state as well as establishing new ones in partnership with private investment.

The government powered program AKEES is the coordinating agency responsible for the running of the Toothpick and Pencil Factory. The factory has already been running with products sold to users all over the country.

Activities for the second anniversary continues with commissioning of more completed projects and flag off of new ones.

Source & More Photos: https://www.naijahq.com/2017/05/gov-udom-commissions-toothpick-pencil-factory-akwa-ibom-state/

Lalaslaticlala

Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by japhet1902: 8:59am On May 23, 2017
Good move congrats to Akwa Ibom people
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by Donexy16(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2017
Nice, but coming quite late
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2017
good move @least the importation of toothpicks nd pencils will reduce

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by Sijo01(f): 9:07am On May 23, 2017
Oh my! So we were really not producing pencil and toothpick in this country before now. Thanks to Gov. Udom and Akwa Ibomite for setting the pace.
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by mark666: 9:13am On May 23, 2017
my Guvnor is working..............Udom U tooooooooo much.....Thank God no be "wheel barrow" u go commission...
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by gebest: 9:14am On May 23, 2017
So its true we import toothpick before, na wao, what a failed country before.
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by PapaBrowne(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2017
I didn't see the factory.

I only saw tape, pencils and plenty people.

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by ITbomb(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2017
PapaBrowne:
I didn't see the factory.

I only saw tape, pencils and plenty people.
If you really wanted to see them, you would have seen them already
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by Gerrard59(m): 10:00am On May 23, 2017
ITbomb:
As part of activities marking his second year anniversary in office, Governor Udom Emmanuel yesterday May 22, 2017, commissioned the Akwa Ibom State Toothpick and Pencil Factory with accompanying Allied Products.

The government powered program AKEES is the coordinating agency responsible for the running of the Toothpick and Pencil Factory. The factory has already been running with products sold to users all over the country.

Source & More Photos: https://www.naijahq.com/2017/05/gov-udom-commissions-toothpick-pencil-factory-akwa-ibom-state/

Lalaslaticlala

Why should governments especially Nigerian governments run factories? It is not done anywhere. There is nothing that the government has managed that is efficient. None so far. Trust me, when he leaves office, the factory will be producing below capacity.

For jobs to be created, the business environment must be conducive. Government does not create jobs, their responsibility is to create the environment for jobs to be created (by private individuals).

*At least 18 hours of electricity.
*Adequate security.
*Low taxes (businesses less than 5 years should not be taxed).
*An industrial hub that has every amenity to ensure efficiency during production (in the so-called Itam Industrial Area, nothing is running at all).

What I have listed is not rocket science. If a country like Singapore can do it, I wonder why Nigeria cannot.

On the flip side, it "sounds" good especially after a minister said we will begin producing pencils by 2030.
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by adadike281(f): 10:33am On May 23, 2017
Thank u so much sir, at least, this is better than travelling all the way to china just to import pencils.
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
good move @least the importation of toothpicks nd pencils will reduce
[s][/s]
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
[s][/s]
[left][/left]
Re: Gov Udom Commissions Toothpick & Pencil Factory In Akwa Ibom State by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
[left][/left]
[center][/center]

(1) (Reply)

”why President Buhari Sent Soldiers To ‘assassinate Me’ – Nnamdi Kanu / UK To Strip Nnamdi Kanu Set To Be Striped Of British Citizenship. / Rivers Massacre: Police Releases Names, Images Of 8 Wanted Suspects In [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.