Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

This Rainy Season: I Would Have Fallen Sick If I Didn't Know This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Rainy Season: I Would Have Fallen Sick If I Didn't Know This. (491 Views)

Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo / I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Rainy Season: I Would Have Fallen Sick If I Didn't Know This. by Afriglobalmedia: 10:21am On May 23, 2017
Take note of these common sicknesses or diseases during the rainy season and how to protect yourself against them.

1. Dengue, malaria
2. Cough and cold
3. Running nose
4. Fever
5. Flu
8. Cholera
9. Dysentery

Recommended Protective measures.
1. If you have not bought an umbrella to protect yourself from being drenched, this is the right time. A raincoat with a hooded jacket can also help.

2. Increase your intake of Vitamin C either in natural form or as a food supplement. It will help you drive away a cold virus faster.

4. Don’t forget to Shower after being caught in the rain -Taking a shower after you have been caught in the rain could protect you from infections.

5. After taking a good bath, dry yourself and wear dry & clean clothes. The best thing is to make a hot soup for yourself or at least have a hot drink. This will prevent you from catching a cold that can easily occur due to the sudden change in the temperature of the body.

6. Prepare meals within a clean hygienic environment and maintain the same level hygiene throughout the house.

8. Use clean water for drinking as well as cooking. Boil tap water and filter as well before using.

9. Do not store water in open containers as they might become a breeding place for mosquitoes. If water is stored in open containers for a long time, then do not use it.

10. Ensure that drains & sewage lines are not clogged.

You can visit Afriglobal Medicare diagnostic centre at Ikeja for diagnosis, if you notice any health problems caused by this rainy season.
Call 01-6291000.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wounded Lady Tells Her Painful Experience With Robbers / Top Qualities Of Ladies Who Are Marriage Material. / Nigerian Bride Shares Photo Of Her Taking A Bottle of Champion on wedding day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.