Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. (658 Views)

Armed Men Robbing Market Women In Enugu Arrested (Photos) / Man Escapes With Arrow In His Back After Attack By Fulani Men. Graphic Photos / 7 Fulani Men Burnt In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Derawiz(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2017
Never been robbed before at gun point, well that changed for me yesterday's morning En route 9th mile.
A quick recap would be remembering how our driver suddenly applied his breaks on a free highway, immediately, I took off the ear piece from one of my ears,looking through the front glass since I was sitting behind the driver, I hoped to see an incoming vehicle but to my utmost dismay, it was 3 guys all dressed in black with guns I'd only seen in movies..
For a moment, I was befuddled, couldn't swiftly process the information my eyes were relaying as I would have naturally thought of them to be police men, not until I was called back to reality by the wailing of the women behind me and the barking orders of " get down, get down, lie down" in an accent not too familiar.
We were to lie down, with our faces down to earth, since I'd never being in that kind of situation before, curiosity never allowed me to look down, that was until a gun was pointed to my head and a familiar statement of " I dey look me " was uttered, that was when it finally dawned on me that we were being robbed by Fulani men numbering over ten, the cracks on their legs, their thin faces and lanky nature gave them away easily.The tension and suspense of the moment was so high,so high that the only prayer I could voice out were mutterings of GOD HELP ME. The guy lying above my arm was already crying, the bro was literally forcing himself to lie into the soil, bruising my elbow in the process.
Conversing with a friend later about the scenario who shockingly revealed that he witnessed the same incidence last week Friday at the same umuaku axis en route 9th mile made me realize that these robbers have audaciously claimed that territory and the numbers - over fifteen probably scares the police from mounting a check point at that region. No one robs by 8am in the morning unless he is armed to the teeth or just being foolishly audacious.
please the government should try and look into the issue as the road is no longer safe.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Jabioro: 5:35pm On May 23, 2017
As obvious as your narration is I prayed our police act fast before the irreparable damages happened.. Sorry and I thank God on your behalf
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 23, 2017
Fulani robbing in Biafraland?
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Derawiz(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2017
Jabioro:
As obvious as your narration is I prayed our police act fast before the irreparable damages happened.. Sorry and I thank God on your behalf
Brother, the nearest police station is about 20mins drive from there, though there are checkpoints along the road, I don't know why they ignored that crucial place. Funny enough, while waiting in the station to collect an extract for my missing documents, I overheard a policeman telling his colleague that he never wears his uniform when he is passing along that road.
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by teelaw4life(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2017
Na dem dey govt you don forget? They can do anyhow.
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by SUPERPACK: 6:02pm On May 23, 2017
Derawiz:

Brother, the nearest police station is about 20mins drive from there, though there are checkpoints along the road, I don't know why they ignored that crucial place. Funny enough, while waiting in the station to collect an extract for my missing documents, I overheard a policeman telling his colleague that he never wears his uniform when he is passing along that road.
in which local govt is umuaku in, is it udi, nsukka or uzo uwani.
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Derawiz(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2017
angels09:
Fulani robbing in Biafraland?

I was shocked as well, I wasnt initially scared until I found out that they were Fulani men, I mean this Fulani guys could have decided to shoot everyone and still get away with it.. I just thank God for life ooh, the stolen documents and phone can always be replaced
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Derawiz(m): 6:07pm On May 23, 2017
SUPERPACK:
in which local govt is umuaku in, is it udi, nsukka or uzo uwani.

it should be in Igbo etiti cos that was the last place I took notice of becos of the sign board, it was the policemen at 9th mile that told us umuaku is the name of the region where those guys normally operate
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by Jabioro: 6:09pm On May 23, 2017
Derawiz:

The area commander supposed to sanctions the DPO of that police station....
Re: Fulani Men Robbing Frequently Along 9th Mile Road, Government Should Intervene. by mejai(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2017
lalasticlala.... fax dis to FP till action is taken.

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Twitter Handler Epic Response / Nigerian Arrested In South Korea For Smuggling Hard Drug Worth $1.7m / 'why I Was Filmed Sleeping With Two Girls', Ex-gov. Bukar Ibrahim Finally Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.