Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year (33903 Views)

CRU: A Case Study On How Universities Are Not Ready For Physical Resumption / 5 Reasons Why You Might Be Denied Admission This Year / Breaking News: Unilag Will Conduct Post Utme Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Kpeshi10(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2017
Notify me, wen u enta season 2, dis story book too long
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by stmezico(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2017
padi94:
Am i the only one who thinks jamb exams should be scrapped... Let jamb just be a regulatory organisation that monitors university matriculation. they will function better there. Let students write application letters directly to universities or fill online forms with their WAEC results for admission and when they get picked, should go and write the exam that the university will set as admisssion criteria. let jamb be a regulator to ensure that due processes are followed in all university admission processes in the country

Supported bro
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Nobody: 9:09am On May 24, 2017
I hope living faith universities don't follow them to do this ridiculous catchment area and ELDS admission. How can you say that someone should simply get admission because of his state of origin. Are we trying to imply that the brain capacity of some particular people is inferior to others The best way to encourage ELDS is to build on their primary and secondary education. But when it comes to tertiary education everyone must be evaluated equally and fairly irrespective of your origin. Our foolish leaders would continue to encourage this rubbish yet none of them would ever want to be treated by an medical graduate of elds admission.
Catchment area and ELDS won't work for faith based institutions and generally does not make sense for private universities. For instance 80% of CU's prospective candidates are drawn majorly from the SS/SW/SE. Crescent presumably draws candidates in a lopsided way too. There is too much complications with these jamb policies. The best would be to let the universities have full autonomy over their admission process.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by luggy(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2017
confusion people
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by CaptainFM1: 9:28am On May 24, 2017
Too much bottlenecks! They still haven't simplified this process for years. I beg Acting President Osinbajo please intervene.

1 Like

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by franzis(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2017
all these just to gain admission ....
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by jeromeoke(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2017
After scoring 211 in jamb
English b3
Maths c6
Geography c5
Physics c4 and Abu deny me admission and admitted someone with 180 for architecture, Nigeria well done, Abu have join bad gang, corruption them gang

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by jc4real(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2017
But the truth is that even before this new developement there was still this unwritten rule that required outstanding performance to gain admission into most institutions & most courses of study...but jamb just made it a standard rule.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Slim1288: 10:16am On May 24, 2017
Watch this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWaISVe-k6s&t=5s
And subscribe to their channel

1 Like

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by ChukaLupin(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
*yawns* e too long.
Are you married?
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by TreasuredLeidy(f): 10:33am On May 24, 2017
ChukaLupin:

Are you married?
do I look married?
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by ChukaLupin(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2017
ItalianWine:
What shall it profit a Slay Queen who gets 800 likes on facebook and still scores 95 in jamb? cheesygrin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5258265_laugh_jpeg656b2b9ae043bddbde1fe20ee19ebb8e

Meanwhile check out my signature

Italian Wine...wink
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by ChukaLupin(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
do I look married?
I can't say...but i got something in mind tho
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by TreasuredLeidy(f): 10:37am On May 24, 2017
ChukaLupin:

I can't say...but i got something in mind tho
lol

1 Like

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Akinaukwa: 10:43am On May 24, 2017
Quite unfortunate there is no laid down standard yet to guide admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. We need serious reforms in our educational system. There should be uniformity in the admission process.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by dilichi97: 10:46am On May 24, 2017
[quote author=padi94 post=56817033]Am i the only one who thinks jamb exams should be scrapped... Let jamb just be a regulatory organisation that monitors university matriculation. they will function better there. Let students write application letters directly to universities or fill online forms with their WAEC results for admission and when they get picked, should go and write the exam that the university will set as admisssion criteria. let jamb be a regulator to ensure that due processes are followed in all university admission processes in the country[/e]. I support your view 100℅.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by raphaeladeyele: 10:59am On May 24, 2017
Wishes all candidates success in all ways for admission
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by RALPHOW(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2017
PLEASE IF YOU SCORE 220 AND MEDICINE IS YOUR CHOICE IN A SCHOOL LIKE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW THE CUT OFF MARK ?
OR HOW WILL YOU CHANGE TO NURSING IN THE SAME UNIVERSITY?
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Agent49: 11:21am On May 24, 2017
To Whom it may concern!
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Neozy(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2017
Believe this trash at your own detriment. It only applies to last year.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Nobody: 11:29am On May 24, 2017
Tintinnoty:
I took time to read this epistle because of a brother, just for him to say "bro, I already know all this info."
Yea..it is so since last year.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by rosebae: 11:38am On May 24, 2017
pls Does this post means if u get below d cutoff mark 4 ur course u cannot b gven anoda course
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by GreyLaw(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2017
Neozy:
Believe this trash at your own detriment. It only applies to last year.

I read the piece because of my youngest sister, funny enough almost everybody who commented did not notice that this applied to only to 2016/2017 admission as clearly stated in the piece.

Kudos you noticed. At least, you read it through.

1 Like

Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Omezino(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2017
The last time i checked, they said Polytechnic cutoff-marks is 150. Even with PUTME corruption still take place and now that schools are allowed to do their screening, corruption will surely play a big part in it. Make i just parahu go wait 4 my Nysc S2.
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Lawrenc(m): 12:20pm On May 24, 2017
What happens to those whos ward result is not to good with A and B what will happen to them in every year jamb
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by nnol(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
pls wen is changing of course and institution going to commence?
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Deeypeey(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2017
Tintinnoty:
I took time to read this epistle because of a brother, just for him to say "bro, I already know all this info."
OMG!!!
hehehehe...take hrt bro!
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Holadipupopaul(m): 2:54pm On May 24, 2017
True talk.. E no easy to gain admission to uni seff... it's by God's Grace ooo..

Oh Lord, let me overcome all this stuff!!!
Re: How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year by Zetra(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2017
Statsocial:
I hope living faith universities don't follow them to do this ridiculous catchment area and ELDS admission. How can you say that someone should simply get admission because of his state of origin. Are we trying to imply that the brain capacity of some particular people is inferior to others The best way to encourage ELDS is to build on their primary and secondary education. But when it comes to tertiary education everyone must be evaluated equally and fairly irrespective of your origin. Our foolish leaders would continue to encourage this rubbish yet none of them would ever want to be treated by an medical graduate of elds admission.
Catchment area and ELDS won't work for faith based institutions and generally does not make sense for private universities. For instance 80% of CU's prospective candidates are drawn majorly from the SS/SW/SE. Crescent presumably draws candidates in a lopsided way too. There is too much complications with these jamb policies. The best would be to let the universities have full autonomy over their admission process.

Pls explain more on

Admission process will still put into considerations factors like catchment area and ELDS (Educationally Less Developed States) in determining the number of candidates admitted. Admission by merit is 45%, catchment area 35% and ELDS 20%.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Accounting Students Exchange Blows Over Financial Report [Photo] / Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Ibrahim, Hauwa & Eman Indimi Graduate With MBAs From Lynn University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.