Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,570 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers (9259 Views)

Bopdaddy Challenge: Immigration Suspends Transfer Of Officers / Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals / Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Dottore: 10:03pm On May 23, 2017
Chairman of Police Service Police Commission (PSC) and retired Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro, has disclosed that in three months, there would be mass promotion of senior police officers who have been stagnated on one rank.

He disclosed this when he feature on a programme on WFM 91.7 radio station in Lagos.

Okiro said his Commission and the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris, “are working out a structure in the police to create vacancies for officers who are due for promotion but have not be promoted due to lack of vacancies for them.

“I feel for them, because it is not because they have bad records but because there are no vacancies. You cannot promote an officer to a higher rank and there is no office for his or her new rank”.

He noted that many Chief Superintendents of Police (CSPs) were due for promotion to the next rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP).

Okiro lamented that many of the officers have spent eight to ten years on one rank, admitting that the situation can affect their performance.

On indiscipline and corruption in the Nigeria Police Force, the PSC chairman said that while he was IGP he decentralised the X-Squad section of the police, which deals with arrest and discipline of erring police officers.

“For effectiveness I gave a standing order that every state Commissioner of Police should have X-Squad section in their commands.

“This is because you don’t expect police in Abuja to go to either Sokoto or Calabar and arrest erring policemen. So it is easier to monitor erring policemen in the state by X-Squad team.
“They are Nigerians. If the society is corrupt, it will produce corrupt policemen. If the society is decent it will also produce uncorrupt policemen,” he said.

Okiro reiterated the warning that any policeman found to be corrupt would be punished by the X-Squad section already in place to check the menace.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/22/police-commission-boss-okiro-announces-mass-promotion-officers/
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Absa: 7:30am On May 24, 2017
FTC...I CHOP DIS ONE
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Teewhy2: 7:31am On May 24, 2017
Good one, it is very discouraging and demoralizing been in a particular position in an organization without promotion for a long time. It doesn't bring the best out of the employee.
I hope the police won't use non promotion as excuse to misbehave.

2 Likes

Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Sas4lyf: 7:31am On May 24, 2017
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Nobody: 7:33am On May 24, 2017
Why is it that they won't think of doing the right thing until when asked in an interview

2 Likes

Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by mr2kay(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2017
X-squad undecided

Contact 2kconcepts today for your web design/development projects.We can build any niche you'd want be it ecommerce(Online store )or any niche.Contacts in the signature thanks

1 Like

Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Sunnycliff(m): 7:36am On May 24, 2017
Stagnation on a rank is a precursor to massive stealing, corruption and transfer of aggression on civilians.

No man is ideally expected to last more than 4 years in a particular rank but I no my friend whose dad has been a sergeant for more than 10 years, isn't that wickedness?

1 Like

Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by evweanth(m): 7:36am On May 24, 2017
it's allowed
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by firstclassmumu: 7:36am On May 24, 2017
Yeye people
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by richyboi(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2017
First to comment
I will comment now and show my primary school teacher who said I will never get to the top

#aunty alimi I made it
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by donlucabrazi(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2017
If you retire the top echelon of the police, then there will be vacancy for promotion of Junior Officers.

But where the "Ogas @ the top" employ every trick in the book to remain in the service, how will they be seamless retirement and promotion?

X squad to arrest erring and corrupt police men? I laugh in Zimbabwe grin grin grin grin ....will members of the X squad come from the American police? If NO, then it's death on arrival...

The Nigerian Police Force is irreparably damaged. Take it or leave it....

1 Like

Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Dottore: 7:43am On May 24, 2017
Meanwhile I read somewhere that a pilot who was amongst the recently passed out cadets was given a rank of Chief Superintendent of Police straight on while Medical Doctors got Superintendent of Police Straight on just after 5 months of cadet training.
Other trainees got cadet ASP.
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by ak22(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2017
I am happy for this latest development by chairman of (PSC)
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Arewa12: 7:45am On May 24, 2017
Issoke
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by chyke4(m): 7:46am On May 24, 2017
d
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by Nihao: 7:46am On May 24, 2017
Based on what merit are you promoting Mr. Commissioner? I am even expecting you to demote some of those your men.
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by udenzino(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2017
Minus (-) 1 group of people called Nigerian police...

Raw---bish
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by kkboy(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2017
Please ooo my cousine has been in the rank of CSP for the past 10 years despite his performances and dedication to duty and it is no more funny. i can't wait to celebrate him (CSsp Ben. Igwe) as Asst. Comm. of Police.
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by SooCute(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2017
Absa:
FTC...I CHOP DIS ONE

This criminal should be banned
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by emekachinyere45: 10:37am On May 24, 2017
Who jah bless no man can curse cool cool
Okiro chop knocle joor
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by baslone: 10:37am On May 24, 2017
Dottore:
Chairman of Police Service Police Commission (PSC) and retired Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro, has disclosed that in three months, there would be mass promotion of senior police ARMED ROBBER who have been stagnated on one rank.

cry
Re: Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers by mechanics(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2017
nice one

(1) (Reply)

Documents Nigeria Airways Retirees Must Take Along For Verification / Opinion: Akpata’s Own Law Of Recusal / Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.