Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples (816 Views)

Adeleke Family Alleges Betrayal, Rejects 2022 PDP Gov Ticket / 'EFCC Freezes Bank Accounts Of Adeleke Family, Davido, Father'- ChangeTheChange / Adeleke’s Family Rejects Aregbesola’s Inquest Into Senator’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by Nobody: 2:08am On May 24, 2017
By Gbenga Olarinoye Osogbo—

The family of late Senator Isiaka Adeleke who died on April 23, has raised the alarm that after one month that the body of the late politician was taken for autopsy at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, LAUTECTH, Osogbo, the management of the hospital has not availed them of the result. They also claimed that the varsity has not returned the remaining samples of tissues taken from the body of late Adeleke. The family in a statement signed by Dr Deji Adeleke and made available in Osogbo yesterday alleged complicity by the hospital’s management on the issue of the autopsy. Late Isiaka Adeleke It is however of public knowledge that the Osun state government, few days after Adeleke’s family took the body to the hospital for autopsy raised an inquest into the circumstances that led to his death. The three man panel, which was given three weeks to submit its report completed its assignment on Monday and fixed next Monday to release its verdict on the post mortem. The coroner invited 15 people to appear before it, during its sittings but Adeleke family refused to appear because it believed that the outcome of the inquest was already pre-determined and designed to serve government’s interest. The family’s statement issued yesterday said among other things that; “The Adeleke family in submission to the sovereignty of the Almighty God did not and still does not intend to fight anyone over the passing of the late hero of the family, Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke but only desired to know the cause(s) of his sudden death which informed the ordering of the autopsy by the Family. “We state that as at now, the family has not received the autopsy report. The Adeleke family will like to state again, that it has been unjustifiably denied the report of the autopsy and the remaining samples of tissues taken from the body of late Adeleke by Osun state government owned LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/adeleke-family-cries-foul-autopsy-body-samples/
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by blackpanda: 3:48am On May 24, 2017
You said u want to know the cause of his death but you believe the results are already predetermined plus u don't want to attend the inquest Abeg make we hear word. Seems like the adeleke family are the ones with the predetermined conclusion here. May the late senator rip

Let's move on pls.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by AustineE1: 6:40am On May 24, 2017
blackpanda:
You said u want to know the cause of his death but you believe the results are already predetermined plus u don't want to attend the inquest Abeg make we hear word. Seems like the adeleke family are the ones with the predetermined conclusion here. May the late senator rip

Let's move on pls.
keep quiet if you dont have anything to say,how can the government be an arbiter in a case which they are a suspect. What happens to an independent commission of enqiry,where govt brings fifty percent of the members and the Adeleke's family brings fifty percent and the autopsy carried out in a private hospital and not in a govt owned hospital,while the results are made public.
People just die or get killed and we wave it away as if nothing has happened while the family is left to carry the cross!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by ApolitiCal: 6:47am On May 24, 2017
What again do they want? The autopsy said he died of alcohol mixed with overdose of banned sedatives and analgesics given by the nurse that paraded himself as a doctor. They should rather sue the nurse and the management of the hospital where he was given overdose of banned drugs instead of shifting blame on aregbe led government.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by shaddoww: 7:02am On May 24, 2017
AustineE1:

keep quiet if you dont have anything to say,how can the government be an arbiter in a case which they are a suspect. What happens to an independent commission of enqiry,where govt brings fifty percent of the members and the Adeleke's family brings fifty percent and the autopsy carried out in a private hospital and not in a govt owned hospital,while the results are made public.
People just die or get killed and we wave it away as if nothing has happened while the family is left to carry the cross!
Wat are u saying? Don't be too emotional about dis, all over the world, the only body that can investigate a suspicious death is the police n a coroner, which is wat the government has set up. And the coroner invited everybody that has an information to cum to it but the family that is already accusing the government refused to go, so that leaves dem with no other than to accept whatever is d outcome of d coroner.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:04am On May 24, 2017
And Muhammed ask them to rush and burry him abi?
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by DamiBukola: 7:11am On May 24, 2017
shaddoww:

Wat are u saying? Don't be too emotional about dis, all over the world, the only body that can investigate a suspicious death is the police n a coroner, which is wat the government has set up. And the coroner invited everybody that has an information to cum to it but the family that is already accusing the government refused to go, so that leaves dem with no other than to accept whatever is d outcome of d coroner.
You just sounded so daft. The family has accused the State government so how can the same government set up a panel in a case it's a party to. What then is essence of the doctrine of fair hearing? One of the doctrine of fair hearing is that, you can't be the judge over a case you are a party of.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by shaddoww: 7:12am On May 24, 2017
My own opinion is dat d family shouldn't have allowed politicians to politicise d death at d initial stage, how could dey have accused d state government of killing a man who attended a friends party n died in his own home? To make I worse, dey allowed the autopsy carried out at d hospital of d same government dey are accusing of complicity n wen d government den sent up a coroner, dey refused to go, so who is to blame now?
And from what I heard from medical practitioners, dey said according to law n ethics of their job, in a case like dis, dey are only obligated to give an autopsy report to d police or a coroner n d family can den request a copy from d above listed. Though we are already hearing some rumours that they are asking the party to replace d Senator with his younger brother Demola.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by shaddoww: 7:17am On May 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
You just sounded so daft. The family has accused the State government so how can the same government set up a panel in a case it's a party to. What then is essence of the doctrine of fair hearing? One of the doctrine of fair hearing is that, you can't be the judge over a case you are a party of.
Bros stop being emotional, d coroner is constituted by a different arm of government i.e the judiciary, except u are saying d executive n judiciary is d same thing. And since d family have their own lawyer, dey are liberty to go with him/her n should dey av any suspicion, dey av d right to request for a new panel. So if I may ask, which panel would u av accepted as a neutral one?
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:33am On May 24, 2017
You guys should've carried out the autopsy by yourselves and save us this drama
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by DamiBukola: 8:05am On May 24, 2017
shaddoww:
Bros stop being emotional, d coroner is constituted by a different arm of government i.e the judiciary, except u are saying d executive n judiciary is d same thing. And since d family have their own lawyer, dey are liberty to go with him/her n should dey av any suspicion, dey av d right to request for a new panel. So if I may ask, which panel would u av accepted as a neutral one?
Who told you it was the Judiciary that set up the coroner or panel. It was set up by the state government and not by the Judi as you are claiming out of sheer ignorance.

It is only set up by the executive to ascertain the cause of death
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by shaddoww: 8:21am On May 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
Who told you it was the Judiciary that set up the coroner or panel. It was set up by the state government and not by the Judi as you are claiming out of sheer ignorance.

It is only set up by the executive to ascertain the cause of death
Well like I said don't let emotions cloud ur thinkin, I didn't say it was set up by judiciary, I said it was constituted by d judiciary, or did u see any body from d executive as a member of d coroner? D governor can only sign an executive order to set up a coroner bt it's left to d judiciary to select d members dat will constitute it.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by AustineE1: 8:43am On May 24, 2017
shaddoww:
Well like I said don't let emotions cloud ur thinkin, I didn't say it was set up by judiciary, I said it was constituted by d judiciary, or did u see any body from d executive as a member of d coroner? D governor can only sign an executive order to set up a coroner bt it's left to d judiciary to select d members dat will constitute it.
Am surprise to hear this....are you actually a Nigerian?So in your inner most mind,you believe the governor of state of Osun does not have infleunce over the coroner. Can you just be real for once!
Self deception is the worst form of deception.
I pity the poor nurse who administered the First Aid to the late Adeleke,politicians will use her for a scape goat.
Re: Adeleke: Family Cries Foul Over Autopsy, Body Samples by shaddoww: 9:07am On May 24, 2017
AustineE1:

Am surprise to hear this....are you actually a Nigerian?So in your inner most mind,you believe the governor of state of Osun does not have infleunce over the coroner. Can you just be real for once!
Self deception is the worst form of deception.
I pity the poor nurse who administered the First Aid to the late Adeleke,politicians will use her for a scape goat.
It seems u guys are convinced he was killed by d state government, why don't u just cum out with ur evidences ones n for all, and mind u, d nurse is a man n he testified at d coroner, n from all he said, it's sure he will go to jail cos he attested to administering banned substances on d deceased.

(1) (Reply)

Bar. Emeka Ugwuonye Barred After He Joined IPOB Defense Team - Give Me A Break! / Gov. Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates Coconut Oil Refinery In Akwa-ibom / Letter To Muslim Crew By Fola Akinosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.