Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Disu Wants Nff Members Flushed Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disu Wants Nff Members Flushed Out (609 Views)

What Are The NFF Members Doing Up There? / Keshi Says He Cannot Work With Some NFF Members / Should Amodu And The Nff Members Be Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disu Wants Nff Members Flushed Out by omar22(m): 7:18am On Jan 15, 2010
FORMER international, Tajudeen Disu, has called for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), saying the board members' ineptitude has ruined Nigerian football.

Blaming the Super Eagles current problems at the Angola 2010 African Nations Cup on not only Coach Shaibu Amodu, but also on the NFF board, Disu said the federation's leaders had overstayed their welcome hence the need for people with fresh ideas to take over Nigerian football.

According to Disu, "I believe that whatever happens from now onwards in Angola, Coach Amodu should be paid off for a more technically sound coach to take over the Super Eagles. But he should not be made the scapegoat for the NFF's ineptitude.

"We have no team, we are just fortunate to have qualified for the World Cup, there is no creative midfielder, just as our defence is nothing to talk about.

"I think we should face the reality; it is the NFF that said they will swim or sink with Amodu. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, our problem is the NFF itself. NFF should be dissolved and reorganised; that is the only way forward he said."

On Super Eagles next match against fellow West Africa side, Benin Republic, Disu said from the look of things the Squirrels might beat Nigeria.

"The Republic of Benin team will not be a push over for the Eagles because Nigeria lacks virtually all the ingredients for success now. Gone are the days when other teams shivered when Nigeria comes to town. Now, all the other teams have the audacity to challenge the team because of what NFF's lack of organisation has turned it into. We should just pray for the best," he added.

(1) (Reply)

Latest On Search For A New Coach / Globacom Premier League Week 19 / Berti Vogts Drags Nff To Fifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.