Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos (516 Views)

Salah Donates $3m To Rebuild Egyptian Hospital Blown By Terrorists [Photos] / Evander Holyfield Donates $3M Health Equipment To LASG / Lagos Female Street Boxer Beats A Male Boxer In Training (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by olokeded: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
Former undisputed World Boxing heavyweight champion, Edvander Holyfield, on Wednesday visited Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, donating $3 million worth of healthcare facilities to the state.

Holyfied, who announced the donation during the courtesy, said that the gesture was part of his strategy of giving back to the society.

He noted that the giving back to the society will help the children who have interest in sports to actualise their dream as he was able to do.

While narrating how his mother aided his boxing career, Holyfield said his mother often advise him to hold on to what he knows doing best and never quit even when the tide isn’t good.

“I held on to those words and they assisted me in becoming world heavyweight champion today. I believe that the kids should be inspired just like my mother inspired me to hold on tenaciously to those things I am good at.” the four-time heavyweight champion said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/boxer-edvander-hollyfield-donates-3m.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:18pm On May 24, 2017
You could not have bothered
Mr Evander
Because one person will steal the money
That's how Nigeria works
Re: Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by themonk(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
evander holyfield is not worth up to $3M

Does the Op even know what is $3M?
Re: Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
$3m converted to naira= 300000*375= #1125000000. That's one billion, one hundred and twenty-five million naira, I'm looking at the picture and I've not seen anything worth 1 billion naira
Re: Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
themonk:
don't mind him. Let him continue. Instead of him to just say he donated hospital equipment, he went ahead quoting nonsense figures
Re: Boxer, Edvander Hollyfield Donates $3m Health Facilities In Lagos by doctokwus: 12:42pm On May 24, 2017
themonk:

Does the Op even know what is $3M?
I bet whatever he donated is worth at best $30k.
It maybe d journalist that got his figures all wrong.
It was d same way one dumb skull reported that 10,000 candidates were caught for exam cheating in the current Jamb in Anambra alone and wud soon b prosecuted.
U ask urself how many invigilators were there,how many policemen were there,how many CCTV cameras were there,to capture 10,000 cheats!Finally where do u place 10,000 cheats in police stations!!
Of course Jamb clarified later that d exam was successful with just 10 pple caught cheating in d state!!!

(1) (Reply)

Transfer News: Gareth Bale In Contact With Manchester United / Cristiano Ronaldo Wants Super-agent Jorge Mendes To Force Through Return To Manu / Mexico Vs Russia 2-1 - Highlights & Goals - 24 June 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.