Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard (723 Views)

Photos Of The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard by dany4life(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
Hello fellow nairalander please help a friend out, I was coming back from OSHOGBO yesterday evening and I didn't notice a little bump On the road and i ran over it and when I look into my dashboard I saw the ABS light on and it has remained since yesterday please what realy is the issue and how can i take care off it because i dont know what it means because the brake is still working well as before, kind regards!!!!
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard by honmusa(m): 9:20pm On May 24, 2017
dany4life:
Hello fellow nairalander please help a friend out, I was coming back from OSHOGBO yesterday evening and I didn't notice a little bump On the road and i ran over it and when I look into my dashboard I saw the ABS light on and it has remained since yesterday please what realy is the issue and how can i take care off it because i dont know what it means because the brake is still working well as before, kind regards!!!!
ABS(Antilock Braking system) is simply an electronic enhancement to your mechanical braking system and the main function is to prevent skidding of the wheel and also the steering from locking in any event of panic braking .Skidding will natural occur if any force is used to opposed the direction of motion in accordance to law of inertia. (Newton first law of motion )
ABS as a system is made up of abs wheel sensors at the wheel ,abs main module and abs pump.
Any issue with any of the abs components will disable the abs system as a whole and this will be indicated by the "ABS alarm" light will be permanently on your instrument cluster.
When abs has been disabled ,the car will default to the normal mechanical braking system without any extra function that the abs will provide for you.
90% of abs issue can be traced to faulty wheel sensor and this can be easily diagnosed by use of professional scan tool that can access the abs modules and the fautly sensors can be easily identify .
To get more detail about abs ,Google is your friend .
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard by dany4life(m): 7:59am On May 25, 2017
Thank you @honmusa, please what practical step should I follow to put the ABS back to order?
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard by honmusa(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2017
dany4life:
Thank you @honmusa, please what practical step should I follow to put the ABS back to order?
Look for a professional mechanic workshop to help you scan the abs modules with a professional tool to confirm the fault with the system.
If you are in Lagos ,u can take your car to autologic workshop @gbagada (08061166316).

(1) (Reply)

Desperately Need To Advertise On Nairaland….help / In Need of Honda ATF DW-1 in Kaduna / Check Out The Top 4 Fastest Car In 2017 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.