Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger (5629 Views)

Jonathan’s Life After Aso Rock- Daily Trust / Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes / There ’ll Be Attempt On Jonathan’s Life This Year - Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by trueword: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2010
Plot, intrigues against VP thicken - Power, water supplies regularly interrupted in Aguda House - His correspondences under close monitoring - VP keeps mute
By Our Reporters - 15.01.2010

VICE-President Goodluck Jonathan has been subjected to great discomfort in the last four weeks, as events are attesting to this, Nigerian Tribune investigations have revealed.

Since the clamour by Nigerians that Vice-President Jonathan should act as president has been intensified following the continued absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua, who is thought to be currently recupperating in a Saudi Arabian hospital, the vice-president is reportedly prone to attacks in the Villa, according to Nigerian Tribune source.

One of such attempts against the number two citizen was through food poisoning, which sources said the vice-president himself had taken note of and therefore refrained himself from taking food and drinks served in the State House.

Nigerian Tribune also gathered that events in the last four weeks in the Villa suggest that there is more to the threat to the life of Vice-President Jonathan. The latest remote or near incident, according to sources, indicated that a top company which manages Aso Rock, is this time orchestrating the plan.

For instance, sources said the entire Presidential Villa was thrown into darkness on Tuesday night, when the vice-president was billed to host members of the Diplomatic Corps in Aguda House.

The incident was so dramatic that even the envoys were quite stunned. Sources said that as soon as the diplomats began to trickle in, the Villa was, without warning, plunged into darkness for close to one hour.

The confused ambassadors, it was gathered, were seen huddling together, wondering if the Presidential Villa had no standby generator, or if there was something sinister about it.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that, when power was finally restored, the central public address system failed to work, causing the vice-president’s aides to run helter-skelter for remedy.

The Nigerian Tribune gathered that it was not the first time such an incident had happened. Sources said that in December 2009, during the Christmas Carol night hosted by the vice-president, the Villa was similarly thrown into darkness, causing a similar scare.

“And when power was eventually restored, the air conditioners were deliberately shut down. Over 100 guests had to endure the suffocating heat of the banquet hall during the event, but dramatically, the air conditioners began to work again as soon as the event ended,” the source said.

It was learnt that mobile phones are programmed not to work in the Presidential Villa, leaving the principals and staff with no choice but to use the telephone lines run by the company.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that situation had become so bad that the company is being fingered in an effort to sabotage the vice-president’s activities in the Villa. During the week, Jonathan was said to have issued a query to the company over recent happenings.

The role of the top company said to be managing the Villa was also said to be another “instrument” being used to sabotage the efforts of Vice-President Jonathan or cause him discomfort.

The Nigerian Tribune learnt that given its vantage position, the company holds sway over virtually all activities in the Villa. It was gathered that its access to every part of the villa is unrestricted.

Sources said: “The company has unfettered access to the vice-president’s offices and the innermost recesses of his living quarters. They control the telephones, so they can have access to the vice-president’s conversation, and they run the internet services, so they have access to private e-mails through the web portal.”

It was gathered that this company is being used to monitor the vice president’s activities, while sources said that “they do this by shutting down facilities like electricity and water at such hours in sections of Aguda House and when they are inevitably invited to check what has gone wrong, they are able to pinpoint where the vice-president is and when.”

, the rest of the article talks about Justice Abutu ruling.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15012010/news/news1.html
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by trueword: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2010
If this is indeed true, then it looks like the cabals are stalling in order to either kill or scare Jonathan away.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by No2Atheism(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2010
if the report is true, what is the companies name . . .
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2010
I hope they are not talking about julius berger, na wa 4 people o
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Beaf: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I hope they are not talking about julius berger, na wa 4 people o

No matter who it is, it will be terrible if a foreign company is involved in our politics. But I won't put it past the last throes of a desperate cabal.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2010
and sooo the nigerian soap opera goes on undecided
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by mogentle(m): 9:30am On Jan 15, 2010
This is serious shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Useless upgraded Al manjiri cabal on rampage.
They will surely fail.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by OAM4J: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2010
i hope they wont be stupid enough to do any bad thing to the man.

even if a natural negative thing should happen to him, nobody will believe it is not a plot.

just as I doubt anyone truly believes Abiola died naturally.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2010
Jonathan really need to be careful of these northern kingmakers.i hope they dont give him tea to drink like Abiola case
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by DoubleN(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2010
trueword:

Plot, intrigues against VP thicken - Power, water supplies regularly interrupted in Aguda House - His correspondences under close monitoring - VP keeps mute
By Our Reporters - 15.01.2010

VICE-President Goodluck Jonathan has been subjected to great discomfort in the last four weeks, as events are attesting to this, Nigerian Tribune investigations have revealed.

Since the clamour by Nigerians that Vice-President Jonathan should act as president has been intensified following the continued absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua, who is thought to be currently recupperating in a Saudi Arabian hospital, the vice-president is reportedly prone to attacks in the Villa, according to Nigerian Tribune source.

One of such attempts against the number two citizen was through food poisoning, which sources said the vice-president himself had taken note of and therefore refrained himself from taking food and drinks served in the State House.

Nigerian Tribune also gathered that events in the last four weeks in the Villa suggest that there is more to the threat to the life of Vice-President Jonathan. The latest remote or near incident, according to sources, indicated that a top company which manages Aso Rock, is this time orchestrating the plan.

For instance, sources said the entire Presidential Villa was thrown into darkness on Tuesday night, when the vice-president was billed to host members of the Diplomatic Corps in Aguda House.

The incident was so dramatic that even the envoys were quite stunned. Sources said that as soon as the diplomats began to trickle in, the Villa was, without warning, plunged into darkness for close to one hour.

The confused ambassadors, it was gathered, were seen huddling together, wondering if the Presidential Villa had no standby generator, or if there was something sinister about it.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that, when power was finally restored, the central public address system failed to work, causing the vice-president’s aides to run helter-skelter for remedy.

The Nigerian Tribune gathered that it was not the first time such an incident had happened. Sources said that in December 2009, during the Christmas Carol night hosted by the vice-president, the Villa was similarly thrown into darkness, causing a similar scare.

“And when power was eventually restored, the air conditioners were deliberately shut down. Over 100 guests had to endure the suffocating heat of the banquet hall during the event, but dramatically, the air conditioners began to work again as soon as the event ended,” the source said.

It was learnt that mobile phones are programmed not to work in the Presidential Villa, leaving the principals and staff with no choice but to use the telephone lines run by the company.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that situation had become so bad that the company is being fingered in an effort to sabotage the vice-president’s activities in the Villa. During the week, Jonathan was said to have issued a query to the company over recent happenings.

The role of the top company said to be managing the Villa was also said to be another “instrument” being used to sabotage the efforts of Vice-President Jonathan or cause him discomfort.

The Nigerian Tribune learnt that given its vantage position, the company holds sway over virtually all activities in the Villa. It was gathered that its access to every part of the villa is unrestricted.

Sources said: “The company has unfettered access to the vice-president’s offices and the innermost recesses of his living quarters. They control the telephones, so they can have access to the vice-president’s conversation, and they run the internet services, so they have access to private e-mails through the web portal.”

It was gathered that this company is being used to monitor the vice president’s activities, while sources said that “they do this by shutting down facilities like electricity and water at such hours in sections of Aguda House and when they are inevitably invited to check what has gone wrong, they are able to pinpoint where the vice-president is and when.”

, the rest of the article talks about Justice Abutu ruling.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15012010/news/news1.html
Who gives a flying Bleep??Is this not what we have been subjected to experiencing everyday as Nigerians?
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by desgiezd(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2010
Couldnt Jonathan relocate, albeit temporarily to a guest house or to an hotel? Remember Atiku had to run away for some days during the heady days of his frosty relationship with OBJ.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by blacksta(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2010
I am surprised at the current level of support for Jonathan  - The Media and people are making the guy look like a saint  - The fact still remains

1.  Jonathan is part of Yaradua
2.  Yaradua was  not elected but was imposed on the Nigeria
3.  Jonathan is a part of the evil plans of the PDP

I am rather happy at the present INfighting within the PDP( i hope it consumes all them) and could not give damn if Jonathan is giving a deadly cup of tea maybe then Nigeria can move forward.

I can now accept that " Nigerians do have a very short memory"
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by OAM4J: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2010
desgiezd:

Couldnt Jonathan relocate, albeit temporarily to a guest house or to an hotel? Remember Atiku had to run away for some days during the heady days of his frosty relationship with OBJ.

relocate? he is currently the head of government, with Yaradua MIA (missing in action), he cant abandon his duty for fear of being poisoned.

I think its about time he asserts his authority as the VP and current head of government.

Nothing stops him from suspending (even if he doesn't want to sack) anyone misbehaving in aso rock.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by marocguy(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2010
Nawaoh
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by desgiezd(m): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2010
blacksta:

I am surprised at the current level of support for Jonathan  - The Media and people are making the guy look like a saint  - The fact still remains

I am rather happy at the present INfighting within the PDP( i hope it consumes all them) and could not give damn if Jonathan is giving a deadly cup of tea maybe then Nigeria can move forward.

Its not a matter of support for Jonathan or that of short memory, rather it is for the fact that Nigeria has to have someone as the head, willy nilly. At the moment Jonathan is the man most suited, constitutionally, since yar Adua is on AWOL.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by ayo84(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
some really deep conspiracy shit
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
OK!! Seriously, you folks   believe this crap AGAIN?? COME ON!!!!

How about we challenge the journalists to provide information on the attempt, what agency they got the information from and what particular date and time the attempt was made. This has gotten horrible. Please, can we hold our journalists to higher standards?

desgiezd:

Its not a matter of support for Jonathan or that of short memory, rather it is for the fact that Nigeria has to have someone as the head, willy nilly. At the moment Jonathan is the man most suited, constitutionally, since yar Adua is on AWOL.

BULL!!!
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by DOW(m): 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
Power supply should be cut off the vp's house for at least two days so he can feel what other nigerians have been going through for years
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by cibilola(f): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
so, you mean to tell me that the interruption of electric and water supply is now regarded as a threat to Goodluck's life. Guys sapre us the cr*p. This is the same rubbish an average Nigerian has to put up with every single day for 365 days a year. Most of them survive it. Well Jonathan, i have one thing to tell you. . . "Welcome to the real world, it's tough but you should be able to cope" undecided

Now i await the rest of you that would now want to descend on me with vengance, take a deep breath, i don't hate the guy. I think he should even be acting president now. But this news story is exaggerated and the truth needs telling!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by flashgeek: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
blacksta:

Wow ,I never thought I will agree with you on this forum about anything but i concur with your comment ,I could’nt have put it in a better way. They all need to go we don’t want PDP or AC ,we want a fresh start. Completely fresh start with people under the age of 35 running the country not these old hags who been in power for over 3 decades.

They don't have a short memory they are just s.t.u.pi.d cowards.What do you expect from people who supports PDP's N2billion to soludo?
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by SamMilla1(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2010
The will definitely make numerous attempts on his life. I hope they dont succeed because if they do,
The MEND will surely pick up arms again and this time, no one will stop them.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Akagood: 12:26am On Jan 18, 2010
What are all this Presidential villa going dark and trying to snub the vice president.
Let him be careful else we would nt like to tolerate both president & vice president sick.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by martyns303(m): 12:56am On Jan 18, 2010
let me make this clear to anybody who cares to listen, the death of jonathan will evoke another civil war and the inevitable break up of this scam called nigeria. this people are toying with the n.d, they should not fool themselfs with the surrenderd arms as there are plenty from where those arms came and believe you me i will be among the first to pick up arms when the time comes. he with ears let him hear.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Ushersx(m): 1:06am On Jan 18, 2010
Na wah oh,se PHCN and H2O CORPORATION don reach ASO ROCK NI? grin wonder shall neva end in dis country of ours.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by DeepSoul(f): 1:16am On Jan 18, 2010
9ja sha! Why do we sensationalise everything sef?

So now Goodluck's life is being threatened because of power outages?

They r probably jst tryin to frustrate d guy & make him uncomfortable. . .

Is it that easy to kill a future president? No be today fowl yansh dey back. . .
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by MrCrackles(m): 1:23am On Jan 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

OK!! Seriously, you folks   believe this crap AGAIN?? COME ON!!!!
How about we challenge the journalists to provide information on the attempt, what agency they got the information from and what particular date and time the attempt was made. This has gotten horrible. Please, can we hold our journalists to higher standards?
BULL!!!
Crisp. . . .
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Str8talk: 1:32am On Jan 18, 2010
Nigerian Tribune is not worth listening to!
This is the paper that said that Yardua's mom said he should resign while Turai was adamant. Before Yaradua's mom denied it, it was obvious that the Tribune's reporter was not likely to have been invited to listen when the call to Yaradua was being made by his mom
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by preselect(m): 1:33am On Jan 18, 2010
martyns303:

let me make this clear to anybody who cares to listen, the death of jonathan will evoke another civil war and the inevitable break up of this scam called nigeria. this people are toying with the n.d, they should not slowpoke themselfs with the surrenderd arms as there are plenty from where those arms came and believe you me i will be among the first to pick up arms when the time comes. he with ears let him hear.

speak for yourself. most nigerians wont care if devil is replaced by satan. what we want is real change
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Ikmanlover(m): 2:28am On Jan 18, 2010

Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by Ikmanlover(m): 3:18am On Jan 18, 2010
Just follow the promotio online and also first visit before others.[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by md4real(m): 4:01am On Jan 18, 2010
Just like aristotle said, life is just like a stage. Let the bastards continue with the soap opera. But seriously, the story i just read has no element of journalist instinct, pure conspiracy theory.
Re: Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger by collizo82: 4:08am On Jan 18, 2010
he should be expecting such threats, b4 Aso rock dey easy??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Govt Reverses Position On Gang Rape / Which Is Beter Civilan Or Military Government. / How T.Y. Danjuma Made That Coward Obasanjo Head Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.