Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria (24207 Views)

Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Dumps APC / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC / Kwara Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed's Hairstyle Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 24, 2017
Governor Dickson of Bayelsa is wicked
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by reiddecuti: 5:49pm On May 24, 2017
Comment later, don't be offended for booking space.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by almarthins(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2017
ademusiwa3r:
There is a need to reinforce,, those beam carrying the building

I think say na only me dey see am. The structure is defective.

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by othman11(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2017
madridguy:
Gov. Ahmed is the most useless governor in Nigeria.

Your wrong my brother, Bindow ( adamawa Governor) is the most useless governor ever. A Governor that priorities building roads ( He is the sole contractor) over education.

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Sirpaul(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2017
your head dae there... collect one gold spot in my name
madridguy:
Gov. Ahmed is the most useless governor in Nigeria.

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2017
With your comment so far, am sure the Kwara people will be glad to exchange Ahmed for Bindow. Gov. Ahmed is F9 parallel tongue

othman11:
Your wrong my brother, Bindow ( adamawa Governor) is the most useless governor ever. A Governor that priorities building roads ( He is the sole contractor) over education.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by BnQoyyim(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2017
What an Innovation, a maidens type of its kind. We need an outstanding medical school that will undertake NEUROLOGY.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Bolognese: 6:00pm On May 24, 2017
Where did you see your invisible "Beam"

I doubt you know the meaning of "Beam"

ademusiwa3r:

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by mannycrown: 6:01pm On May 24, 2017
Pure arrant nonsense. Waste of scarce state resources to loot unchecked.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2017
I prefer Tandi sir grin grin grin

Sirpaul:
your head dae there... collect one gold spot in my name
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by benedictac(f): 6:04pm On May 24, 2017
Sunofgod:
Graduates from this college are already doomed...... no foreign carrier will employ them!

That's a great lie coz that's what my son intends to study bcoz there was none here, he decided to go for petroleum but thank God for this. every child that will pass through that school will be a great blessing to Nigeria and the world at large.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Sirpaul(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2017
aahahahahahaahah..
madridguy:
I prefer Tandi sir grin grin grin

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by GambaOsaka: 6:17pm On May 24, 2017
yemmight:
Everybody will be happy that a new project is commissioned. This particular one, you will be sorry for this country the level of maintenance lapses and instability. If such is done in Lagos here, there is hope but in my State Kwara where its just Saraki families & Co, no hope.

This is waste of resource, or better put, avenue for looting for some.
We keep deceiving ourselves that we are number one in Africa and try to 'blend-in' to what the Europeans are doing. The truth is this project has failed from the beginning. We should not invest in equipment and machinery that we can't maintain.
Come two years time, all these things we are seeing will be damaged and dumped in one lab.

We have a centre for space management blah blah blah in my school here, those guys do nothing but gist and toast female students from 8am till closing hour. Yet their salaries are competing with Lecturers who dey kill demselves say dem dey do reaserch.

I've given up on this country... walahi

2 Likes

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by bams2999(m): 6:18pm On May 24, 2017
Good development, but don't send ur children to abroad ohh
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by yusufu16: 6:22pm On May 24, 2017
ademusiwa3r:

I understand your point. But I think there is an eccentricity between the column at the base and the one in the building. The column at the base is not axially loaded, look closely.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by yusufu16: 6:27pm On May 24, 2017
Bolognese:
Where did you see your invisible "Beam"

I doubt you know the meaning of "Beam"

There is a beam Because of aesthetic, you will not see it. It looks like a cantilever with point load at the edge.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 6:43pm On May 24, 2017
Maigida and Bukola Saraki are the most major clog in the wheel of development in Kwara State.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2017
metromediaboss:
Kwara State Governor Ahmed commissions Kwara State University College of Engineering Complex, the first to offer Aeronautics and Aeronautical Engineering in Nigeria. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/photos-gov-ahmed-commissions-first.html

Two things comes to mind..

1.Hope its not just for pictures to score cheap political points and subsequently abandoned to decay without been used for what it was meant for

2. Why do government sometimes build nice structures without a befitting beautiful greenery to compliment the " edifice"

check my signature to know why I'm concerned about the second point
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:09pm On May 24, 2017
ademusiwa3r:

Are you in anyway saying the contractor, the engineers and even the lecturers/professors in that school are incompetent engineers but you that are 1000s miles away can see a fault without the design documents used hmm

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:11pm On May 24, 2017
chuksjuve:

2. Why do government sometimes build nice structures without a befitting beautiful greenery to compliment the " edifice"

check my signature to know why I'm concerned about the second point

Not just government even private individuals don't plant trees or make space for garden or lawn in their houses, they just cement everything check the property section, na so so tiles, interlocking etc

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by wasuka14(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2017
I just want to park here to see some of the hikarious memes. Pls keep them coming.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Litmus: 7:48pm On May 24, 2017
DisGuy:

Not just government even private individuals don't plant trees or make space for garden or lawn in their houses, they just cement everything check the property section, na so so tiles, interlocking etc

Ah ask one person why Nigerians nor dey build with greenery and im sey, na because of snake; ah sey, buy Mongooes; im sey people go come catch mongoose roast chup.

I reckon the truth is as much about those American movies and documentaries our forefathers were all brought up watching as anything. Movie with views of glamourized Newyork skyline juxtaposed with condescending documentary views of African jungles and wildlife nature. Ever since then, the notion of concrete as representative of progress was indelibly etched in their DNA, which is why we the proceeding generations continue to worship highrise buildings and barren concreted landscapes. .

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Bolognese: 8:04pm On May 24, 2017
Maybe there's another "mystery" picture I'm not seeing...

PS: I'm a Civil/Structural Engineer

yusufu16:

There is a beam Because of aesthetic, you will not see it. It looks like a cantilever with point load at the edge.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by othman11(m): 8:10pm On May 24, 2017
madridguy:
With your comment so far, am sure the Kwara people will be glad to exchange Ahmed for Bindow. Gov. Ahmed is F9 parallel tongue

Exchanged who....a Governor that failed to pay teachers,Health, local government workers for 6-7 months( infact the yola north local government has been shut down). Education is the key bro.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2017
DisGuy:

so how do they expect me to make money and help my career

how do they intend combating climate change...

I wee not take it...

we must say no to concrete jungle
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Elfaris(m): 8:28pm On May 24, 2017
metromediaboss:
Kwara State Governor Ahmed commissions Kwara State University College of Engineering Complex, the first to offer Aeronautics and Aeronautical Engineering in Nigeria. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/photos-gov-ahmed-commissions-first.html

Cool... Check this out http://typicalstori..co.ke/?m=1
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Bluffly: 8:34pm On May 24, 2017
Victorakats:
Commendable!!!

This is the course I desired to study but we never had such in the past.

Thank God for this laudable achievement!

We hope for something better
That's if you are ever taught in international and world acceptable practical standards other than using some outdated and jotted notes
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Victorakats(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
Bluffly:

That's if you are ever taught in international and world acceptable practical standards other than using some outdated and jotted notes

Hahahaha... But we can start somewhere somehow...

Just being hopeful I guess
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Bluffly: 8:42pm On May 24, 2017
Victorakats:

Hahahaha... But we can start somewhere somehow...

Just being hopeful I guess
What research are are they into to educate their students. Students will be taught by plagiarised researchers, and lectures who can't even differentiate between email and Facebook. Lecturers who are only after allowances.
Write down today's date and come back to testify to all I've said.
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by Prenom: 8:48pm On May 24, 2017
Sirpaul:
what a pure waste!... ask me why
why?
Re: Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria by kennyjam: 8:48pm On May 24, 2017
ademusiwa3r:

you mean they should be Cantilevered....? Abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery / Ikoyigate: National Assembly Might Intervene If... - Saraki / Tinubu Won His 1999 Governorship Election By A Major Landslide (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.