Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,890 members, 7,863,044 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

I'm Almost Killed For Stealing, 'penalty' Singer Is Pushing For Mainstream Succe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I'm Almost Killed For Stealing, 'penalty' Singer Is Pushing For Mainstream Succe (401 Views)

Now I'm Almost A Billionaire – Davido, Nigerians React / Davido Pushing A Physically Challenged Lady In A Wheelchair (Photos) / Peter, 'Alanta' Singer Is Dead!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Almost Killed For Stealing, 'penalty' Singer Is Pushing For Mainstream Succe by mykomini(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2017
There’s very little mainstream mediacoverage onSmall Doctor,and we are all guilty of it. The singer is in a class of street musicians, who are either deemed too ‘local’ to receive coverage, or too ‘street’ to have fanswho come online.And although there is some bias in that,we are not wrong. Small Doctor caters to an exclusive market that ishard to track. At the start of his career, he was part of the underground street movement which serve a niche market on the Lagos mainland.His music comes from a genre that is both simplistic and raw. He speaks fromhis heart, and sings about topics that are far removed from mainstream Nigerian music.In a way, he is from the sameschool of thought that produced Olamide and Reminisce, only deeper.The two dialectical rappers have adapted the influence from the streets for a wider market, by fusing it with mainstream elements.Small Doctor is still a member of the core street movement. His most reliablefans are low-income earners, who hang around street corners, visit local dingy stores, and drinking the cheapest of alcohol. These are the people he speaksto, and they respond back with adoration.But his new song ‘Penalty’is seeking to push him beyond his traditional sphere of influence and into the mainstream.

Read More - https://mainbazeng..in/2017/05/i-almost-killed-for-stealing-singer-is.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1007761243

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Keep Raining Curses On Piamia On Instagram For Stealing Phyno's Song / Bread Seller Turned Model, Olajumoke Stuns In New Photo / Meet ASB (aysugar’s Blog) Beauty Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.