Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Who Is Iyabo? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is Iyabo? (841 Views)

Kayswitch – Aunty Iyabo Ft May D (prod By Gospel) / Iyabo Ojo Quit Acting For Catering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Iyabo? by DaBlaze: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2010
My first post. I've been listening to RapJunkies mixtape and i have to admit i like most of it. I don't understand DaGrin, because i'm not yourba, but i can feel the energy and i don't understand the Osondi track, cause although i'm igbo, i don't understand the language very well.
But, on the mixtape, i have discovered K16. Junkie was making a big fuss, so i decided to pay attention. Didn't really grab me at first, but now i find myself really enjoying the 2 tracks on the tape. Especially, swagga on lock.

I like originality and this guy is really doing his own thing. Love him or hate him.

Anyway, did some digging and found this track on NotJustOk called Iyabo. This is my best of the lot. Nothing paricularily special about the beat, but the vocal stands out. Again like i said before, he just sounds like himself. I now listen to it everyday before i go to work.

I have seen from my digging that Nairaland is not a big fan of this guy, but to me, he is what the scene needs. Original artists doing something new. Thanks for reading.

Here's the link in case you want to listen or comment or whatever http://www.notjustok.com/2008/10/15/k16-iyabo/
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by tosinaded(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2010
Originality equals dsnt mean ure good
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by DaBlaze: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2010
tosinaded@:

Originality equals dsnt mean ure good

Best poster Tosin, i hail oh! Thanks for replying my post.
I agree originality doesn't make you good. I can make a whole record full of me polluting. It will be original. After all, no one has done it before. But that's not what i mean here.

I like his flow. It's not the safe lazy flow that everybody is doing now. It's more like a twista, E-40, busta flow. He sings as well and harmonises and Ad-Libs. And more importantly, the lyrics make real sense, at least for me.

I don't know. Why do you really like any artist. It's a personal thing.
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by tosinaded(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2010
ok another fan of K16 cool
only thing i like about the dude is his confidence!!
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by ofokaofoki: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
tosinaded@:

ok another fan of K16 cool
only thing i like about the dude is his confidence!!

his confidence and his originality, for me i prefer, unseen to him , where rapjunkie dey , am sure rapjunkie =k16. grin
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
K16 huh, his music never grabbed me, probably never will, but you're right about his confidence.

'Iyabo' is funny though cheesy
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by audio: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
Iyabo is definitely a stand out for me. Welcome to Nairaland DaBlaze. Good post. I took a break, but now i'm back.
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by rapjunkie(m): 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
DaBlaze:

My first post. I've been listening to RapJunkies mixtape and i have to admit i like most of it. I don't understand DaGrin, because i'm not yourba, but i can feel the energy and i don't understand the Osondi track, cause although i'm igbo, i don't understand the language very well.
But, on the mixtape, i have discovered K16. Junkie was making a big fuss, so i decided to pay attention. Didn't really grab me at first, but now i find myself really enjoying the 2 tracks on the tape. Especially, swagga on lock.

I like originality and this guy is really doing his own thing. Love him or hate him.

Anyway, did some digging and found this track on NotJustOk called Iyabo. This is my best of the lot. Nothing paricularily special about the beat, but the vocal stands out. Again like i said before, he just sounds like himself. I now listen to it everyday before i go to work.

I have seen from my digging that Nairaland is not a big fan of this guy, but to me, he is what the scene needs. Original artists doing something new. Thanks for reading.

Here's the link in case you want to listen or comment or whatever http://www.notjustok.com/2008/10/15/k16-iyabo/

@dablaze

u get sense well well. . . . . . no mind the NL K16 haters. . . .i have single handedly battled all of them to stand still grin grin

ofokaofoki:

his confidence and his originality, for me i prefer, unseen to him , where rapjunkie dey , am sure rapjunkie =k16. grin

if that thought makes u happy  wink grin
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by DaBlaze: 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
rapjunkie:

@dablaze

u get sense well well. . . . . . no mind the NL K16 haters. . . .i have single handedly battled all of them to stand still grin grin

LOl, yeah i've seen. Well i guess you're not alone anymore.
Re: Who Is Iyabo? by Akagood: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2010
No not at all
not alone anymore

(1) (Reply)

Ro$$ Ft Kanye- Live Fast, Die Young -off Da Teflondon / Video;"naija Carnival 2010" Ft Uk Naija All Stars / Da Grin Is Overrated Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.