Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria (13390 Views)

Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018 / Nnamdi Kanu Set To Unveil Largest State-Of-The-Art IPOB Headquarters In Israel / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2017
http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-new-thinking-new-politics-2/

In 2014, Anambra’s GDP was estimated at $13.5 billion. This accounts for three per cent of Nigeria’s GDP and would rank 122 in the world or 24th in Africa if the state were to be a country. With only N3.993 billion debt, the state has the lowest domestic and foreign debt profile among the 36 states. The state’s economy is unarguably the fourth largest among states, after Lagos, Abuja and Rivers. Anambra State also has The fourth largest bank deposit, after Lagos, Abuja and Rivers, but ironically has one of the lowest access to bank credit. With five universities, two polytechnics and two colleges of education, adult literacy in the state is over 80 per cent. The state has the lowest poverty incidence and has the unique feature of being a net exporter of capital.
It is, therefore, not in doubt that Anambra State has a strong economic base as well as human and natural resources to become a truly 21st century economic miracle. It stands to reason that it should have achieved exponential growth, but as for the resources (human and material), nothing has been seen as yet of commensurate development in the state, until recently. A few states in Nigeria can claim as much potential for growth as Anambra, especially in human capital. The entrepreneurial skill of the people as well as their impetuous drive for success were hardly leveraged upon by the state to push up its levers of development. As a matter of fact, the human aspect of these resources made and still makes a lot of impact on the socio-economic activities of other states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
If the trend of good leadership in Anambra continues for the next 15 years, i'm actually waiting to see what will become of Anambra. We have another Lagos on our hands.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Anambra 4th largest economy, after Lagos, Rivers, Abuja

From CBN

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
FKO81:

From CBN
Yes ooo

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
From Ugwu Export or Coke?

Odiegwu

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:
Frow Ugwu Export or Coke?
Odiegwu
Ask professor of economics and former CBN governor? Not me

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:

Odiegwu
You wan start what you can't finish

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 24, 2017
Yyeske:
Ask professor of economics and former CBN governor? Not me
Is that Professor and former CBN Governor from Anambra? He must have cooked up that figure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 24, 2017
FKO81:

You wan start what you can't finish

You assume a lot. You don't even know me, but you already assume that you want to start what you cant finish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:
Odiegwu
remember na you start am oooo

13 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:02pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:

Is that Professor and former CBN Governor from Anambra? He must have have cooked up that figure.
Give us any contratictory fact

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 24, 2017
Yyeske:
Give us any contratictry fact

You should provide yours first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:
Odiegwu
You wan start wahala abi, don't dare
Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by izombie(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2017
I love my anambra. I love an'igbo

17 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by OkoNDOoBo: 9:05pm On May 24, 2017
anambra state that doesn't have IGR is that one a state??

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:07pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:

You should provide yours first.
Contratict the initial text I posted first.

.E pain am.

Anambra has the 4th largest state GDP in Nigeria

Knack head for wall

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by OreMI22: 9:08pm On May 24, 2017
Afonja food don land oo! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Make una begin oooo!

10 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by deomello: 9:08pm On May 24, 2017
I'm sure they meant N13.5 billion.

Anambra didn't even make Top 10 in Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by OkoNDOoBo: 9:10pm On May 24, 2017
FKO81:

From CBN
oga show us anambra IGR from 2010 till date then we can take obiano seriousgrin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by OkoNDOoBo: 9:11pm On May 24, 2017
OreMI22:
Afonja food don land oo! grin grin grin grin grin grin Make una begin oooo!
obiano show urs anambra IGR !!!!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by deomello: 9:12pm On May 24, 2017
FKO81:

From CBN

Oga 419, abeg show us the CBN link.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by iokpebholo: 9:12pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:

Odiegwu
hello bigot what wrong with exporting ugwu?

1 Like

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by OkoNDOoBo: 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
If the trend of good leadership in Anambra continues for the next 15 years, i'm actually waiting to see what will become of Anambra. We have another Lagos on our hands.
delusion grandneur, show us anambra IGR from 2010 till date then we can take that fraud called obiano seriousgrin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by ayzTIGER: 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
Unfortunately those people from Osogbo that usually claim to be Lagosian and eternally stuck in their region will not know the pace at which Anambra is developing. When the time comes oga eme fa vum n'anya. Just that seaport

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
Yyeske:
Contratict the initial text I posted first.

.E pain am.

Knack head for wall

Talk is cheap.
Ebonyi or Sokoto can lay the same claim that has no basis for it

1 Like

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 24, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
obiano show urs anambra IGR !!!!!!

The man dey hide the IGR grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:15pm On May 24, 2017
deomello:
I'm sure they meant N13.5 billion.

Anambra didn't even make Top 10 in Nigeria.

Water this news down as you wish, a former CBN governor and a renowned economist has spoken and anything you say makes no sense.
Wikipedia us about the GDP of your state, I can edit anything on Wikipedia just as you can.

Visit Anambra before you die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 24, 2017
iokpebholo:
hello bigot what wrong with exporting ugwu?

Except when the Ugwu export is a lie. Look into the mirror, you will see a bigot

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 24, 2017
Yyeske:
Water this news down as you wish, a former CBN governor and a renowned economist has spoken and anything you say makes no sense.
Wikipedia us about the GDP of your state, I can edit anything on Wikipedia just as you can.

Visit Anambra before you die

I was at Onitsha, after the bridge your bloda descended on my vehicle trying to rob me in broad day light. Na God save me .

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by gab264(m): 9:17pm On May 24, 2017
deji15:

Talk is cheap.
Ebonyi or Sokoto can lay the same claim that has no basis for it
Ur just a frustrated Afonja .
Nobody should take this idiot serious here.

Mpagi ebea

Otoro gbagbuo mpagi na mma gi ebea ewu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:17pm On May 24, 2017
deomello:

Oga 419, abeg show us the CBN link.
Ask Sun papers to lead you there since you're so lazy to google it.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria by slivertongue: 9:17pm On May 24, 2017
this is a known fact,
no state in the east compares to anambra, except for the FCT which i have doubts, no state in the north compares to Anambra, rivers state is the only state in the south south so also lagos is the only state in the in the south west.
the wealth in anambra is not like that of other states where investors are principally outsiders in which there is capital flight. that of anambra is indigenous

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: EFCC To Invite Kwankwaso Over Fraud / Ajaka Supporters Protest At APC Secretariat, Demand For Fresh Primary Election / 2019: Bury Your Presidential Ambition - Niger-Delta Youths Tell Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.