Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students (2552 Views)

The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / UNIBEN Security Beat Protesting Postgraduate Students (Photos) / Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by abbeyfx2(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2017
Students of MBA school of the University of Lagos are set to write a petition against the coordinator of the programme, one Dr. Olatunde Julius Otusanya for allegedly harassing some of their colleagues.

Mr Olatunde Otusanya, a Doctor at the Department of Accounting, Faculty of Business Administration in Unilag, is accused of bullying and harrassing postgraduate student of the school during examination at the Jibowu campus of the MBA School.

BreezeReporters gathered that on Monday, 22nd May, 2017, students were seated to write Production and Operation management examination but the exam was disrupted after Dr. Otusanya allegedly assaulted one of the students physically.

Trouble started when some students reportedly didn’t enter the exam hall 10 minutes before the commencement of the paper and Dr. Otusanya refused to give question sheets to the students as punishment for not following the instruction.

A student who would later be assaulted by the coordinator then stood, demanding that the students be given question papers to enable them start accordingly, a call which apparently angered the lecturer.

According to students who spoke with BreezeReporters in confidence, Dr Otusanya went physical with the student, dragging him in an attempt to forcefully evict the student from the exam hall.

Students lamented that “the MBA school of the University of Lagos designed for experience and matured professionals to pursue their academic and professional empowerment is now been turned into a mockery of a glorified secondary school due to the arrant disposition and standard of the faculties and instructors who manage the programme.

Speaking under the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, the students described the incident as a “show of shame”, saying “the coordinator of the MBA programme, Dr. Otusanya, practically turned himself into a bully creature, harassing civil postgraduate students who were about to write one of their exams.

In a follow up statement sent to BreezeReporters, they said the lecturer went about the exams hall harassing any of the students who stood up against him while the ugly situation lasted, adding that the “whole exam hall became rowdy with shouts and threats from all corners.

According to the statement, it took the intervention of other sane lecturers, on hand to invigilate the exams, and some matured students on the programme, barely saving the day from the ignoble coordinator.

The Coordinator was also alleged to have slapped a woman during the exams of the same MBA school last session (2015/2016), because she came late into the exam hall.

Students blamed their maltreatment on lack of strong students’ unionism to speak for them, revealing that they are not treated as though as a major stakeholder of the institution.

The students have, however, vowed to take up the case with the school authority by strongly petitioning the person of Dr. Otusanya, and his capacity cum competence to lead the MBA School.

http://www.breezereporters.com/unilag-mba-coordinator-assaults-postgraduate-students/

I was a part of the 2015 set. I was in class when that lady was slapped. I was equally harassed by that man. He has no business being a coordinator, he should be scheduled to fight Joshua.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by abbeyfx2(m): 7:01am On May 25, 2017
I hope the mods will help tell Nigerians about this till it reaches the right authority.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by KGBEAST(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala, do the needful
Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by KGBEAST(m): 7:43am On May 25, 2017
And btw,, I Know the man, an associate professor and tax Lecturer, sad if true
Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by abbeyfx2(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2017
There is no if. I am a victim of this man's wickedness. He ensured I lost 1hour of my exam time in my final year 2 paper. Only because I didn't bring a docket. Mind you, the procedure is to reprint and pay #1000 to the MBA office for verification. I did that 2 hours before exams started and he refused to sign. So I had 1 hour to do a 2 hour maths paper.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by LaExpert: 1:37pm On May 25, 2017
The student obviously caused the problem.

Why should he 'defend' those that failed to obey simple instructions?
He even had the guts to stand up against his coordinator...in an exam hall.

The student is at fault in his part of the story, what if the lecturer tells his own part?

The reaction of the lecturer maybe out of hand though.
Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by LaExpert: 1:41pm On May 25, 2017
abbeyfx2:
There is no if. I am a victim of this man's wickedness. He ensured I lost 1hour of my exam time in my final year 2 paper. Only because I didn't bring a docket. Mind you, the procedure is to reprint and pay #1000 to the MBA office for verification. I did that 2 hours before exams started and he refused to sign. So I had 1 hour to do a 2 hour maths paper.

Your story seems incoherent.

Did you take your docket to the exam hall or not?
If you didn't, you were ineligible to write the exam in the first place, he actually helped you by eventually allowing you sit for the exam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by ChiefSweetus: 3:45pm On May 25, 2017
All those power hungry fools. After flexing in undergraduate you want to come and be forming tin-god for people that are earning same salary as you.

The time i bought unilag postgraduate form i knew i couldnt school there. Most Nigerian lecturers are idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by abbeyfx2(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2017
LaExpert:

Your story seems incoherent.

Did you take your docket to the exam hall or not?
If you didn't, you were ineligible to write the exam in the first place, he actually helped you by eventually allowing you sit for the exam.

If you ain't clear about how exams work, please ask. All you need to provide to write exams is just a school ID card. We made payment for 2 years now, we never got it. The docket is only and improvised ID card that can be re printed if missing. No sir, he didn't do me a favour I paid #1000 as penalty for missing a docket and he still wasted my time for no good reason.
Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by LaExpert: 5:44pm On May 25, 2017
abbeyfx2:

If you ain't clear about how exams work, please ask. All you need to provide to write exams is just a school ID card. We made payment for 2 years now, we never got it. The docket is only and improvised ID card that can be re printed if missing. No sir, he didn't do me a favour I paid #1000 as penalty for missing a docket and he still wasted my time for no good reason.

You seem to be the one who does not understand how exams work. Where did you get the bolded information? All standard exams require a docket, even before your identity card for admission into the examination hall. Your docket is like your photo card that confirms you have registered the course, it has your photograph and examination number/matric number too.

Try going for a professional exam without your docket and see if you'll be allowed into the hall.

If he denied you entry because you had no docket, he is right to have done so.
Re: UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students by ojelabitun(m): 11:33pm On May 25, 2017
DISCLAIMER

Our attention has been drawn to an online publication trending on social media with various captions such as ‘UNILAG MBA Coordinator Assaults Postgraduate Students’ (the ‘Publication’). The Publication reported that the MBA coordinator unjustifiably assaulted a colleague in the course of an examination written on the 22nd of May, 2017. It was further reported that the MBA programme has been reduced to a ‘glorified secondary school due to the arrant disposition and standard of the facilities and instructors who mange the programme’.

The MBA Association Executive did not have a fore knowledge of the Publication nor did we authorize it afterward. We vehemently disassociate ourselves from the Publication.

While we appreciate the fundamental and inalienable freedom of speech of individuals, we advise aggrieved students to ventilate their grievances through established internal mechanisms. All complaints against the coordinator or any of the instructors may be directed, either through the MBA Association Executive or directly to the office of the Dean of Faculty of Business Administration. We believe this approach is appropriate as managers and decision makers devoid of emotion and immune to blatant disregard for processes. We wish us all well in our endeavors.

Signed
2016/2017 UNILAG MBA Students' Association Executives

(1) (Reply)

Laspotech Nd Admission List Is Out 2017\2018 / Can We Have This In Nigerian Universities Due To Examination Malpractices / Futo Pre-degree Form Is N5,500 Together (a Must) With Jamb Form N4000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.