Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 (724 Views)

Activaton Jobs Alert / Fresh Jobs Alert / Apply: New Jobs Alert (10 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 by fleps(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2017
Are you looking for a job alert subscription service or are you simply tired of MTN job alert subscription fee you’re forced to pay even without a desire to continue with the service after a certain period of time? Then I bring you good tidings! Read on.

There’s nothing that can be lost on mobile when it finds a way through the Short Message Service (SMS) to get to your device. No matter how intrusive (or extrusive? Nahhh. This is not Geology class) it can be, you must read/open it, right? At least to get rid of that tiny message notification sign on your android before you miss an important message (say… an interview?) just by ignoring them! That makes mobile SMS a viable means of being on top of your job search or career journey.

You can now get live job alerts via SMS without subscribing to your mobile network service provider. It’s as easy as sending a message to a certain code and getting all updates. So let’s get with it

How to get Job Updates via Job alerts Subscription for Free
In order to job updates or alerts via SMS, follow the following steps

1) Determine which jobs website or career portal you’d love to keep a tag on or get updates from. For this purpose, we shall use Jobberman.

2) Go on to twitter, search and get the Twitter Username of Jobberman (i.e Jobbermandotcom)

3) Go onto your mobile device and type ‘Follow Jobbermandotcom’ (without the quotes). Now send to 40404

You’re DONE!

You’ll receive a message immediately that you’re now following updates from Jobberman and how you can opt out should you want the updates no more

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?

You might want to ask what you just did. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you.

Basically, you’ll be getting SMS of updates from Jobberman but this service is powered by Twitter.com. Twitter’s 40404 service enables anyone to get alerts via SMS on the updates of whoever they are following on twitter if they subscribed to it. Whether the subscriber is on twitter.com or not, anyone can use the service

Also, this means any update from the @Jobbermandotcom’s handle will get to your phone and not just job alerts. But I believe since Jobberman is concerned with recruitment and job updates, you should get relevant alerts via SMS. Besides, you could opt out any time.

So go on, subscribe to any twitter handle (e.g @Acegoals) and get alerts relevant to your career or job search.

To your success!

Please, share. Others could benefit too.

https://www.acegoals.com/jobs-alert-subscription-2017/
Re: How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 by fleps(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2017
UPDATE: For Glo users, use 20644 instead of 40404

NOTE: You might need to have at least #10.00 on your mobile but it is completely free and your money will never be deducted.
Re: How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 by fleps(m): 4:43pm On May 25, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 by tunisbaba(m): 9:08pm On May 25, 2017
This is innovative.
Re: How To Subscribe To Mobile SMS Jobs Alert For Free In 2017 by fleps(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2017
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

I Need Any Kind Of Work, Please Help Me / Irokotv Recruitment 2017 / ! Entry-level Recruitment At Sahara Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.