Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

"I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung (431 Views)

Solomon Dalung Blasts President Buhari's Government Over Killings In North / Nigerians React To Dalung’s Absence From Buhari’s Ministerial List / Mansur Dan-Ali, Danjuma Nanfo & LYM Hassan In $1.4 Million Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by itsdumebi(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2017
Nigeria’s Youth and Sports Minister, Barrister Solomon Dalung has denied any knowledge of a contract worth N182m said to be awarded by the then Ministry of Youths on 27th Nov 2013.

Syndicated newspaper reports credited to the Committee on Public Petitions, House of Representatives stated, that Barrister Dalung risked being arrested because he allegedly refused to appear before the committee after seven invitations were communicated to him.

The publication stated that the committee chaired by Rep Uzoma Nkem-Abonta, PDP, Abia also summoned the ministry’s Permanent Secretary and Director of Procurement to appear alongside the Minister to explain their roles over an alleged bribery scam involving a contractor, Solbec Ltd.

Barrister Dalung who is currently on medical vacation, however, denied receipt of any summons by the committee as well as the said contract.

"I have never been invited by the said NASS committee and never received any invitation from the Committee in respect of the allegations published.

"The contract was said to have been transacted between 27th, November 2013 and October 2015 by the then Ministry of Youth Development while I took an oath of office in November 2015.
I am not even aware of the said transactions as I don’t even know the contractor involved or even the company.

"I did not mandate anybody to collect anything from anybody and so, not in the position to defend it. The whole allegation is coming to me as a surprise because before proceeding on medical vacation, I cannot remember receiving such petition."

The Minister, however, challenged the Committee to present proof of summoning and copy of the petition.

"There are laid down procedures of doing things and I believe that NASS is conversant with these practices common in democratic societies. As a law abiding citizen, I will never disregard invitation from NASS. If I have genuine reasons for not making it, I will communicate formally. The whole process looks like acting a script which is outside the confines of the law.

"The power of arrest of NASS is a shield intended to protect the integrity of the legislature and not a sword to hunt perceived or imaginary enemies.

"The threat is too harsh and lacks the flavour of legislative complements because choosing a period of my absence on medical vacation is the worst form of injustice against humanity. However, whenever, I resume from my medical vacation, I will report to the Inspector General of Police or Sergeant at Arms for a journey into detention, but for now, I am responding to my health". Dalung said.

The committee chaired by Rep Uzoma Nkem- Abonta, PDP, Abia, however, stated in the syndicated report, that the Minister has been given until May 30, 2017, to defend the allegations levelled against him by the contractor.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/05/25/know-nothing-n182-million-contract-sports-minister-dalung/
cc: lalasticlala

Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by Young03(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2017
Its a lie, u know something

u will not talk now bt in years to come, u will come to talk abt it wen ur no more in power

1 Like

Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 25, 2017
Thieves deny and lie a lot grin

1 Like

Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by AngelicBeing: 12:26pm On May 25, 2017
Keneking:
Thieves deny and lie a lot grin
tongue
Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by Mynd44: 12:34pm On May 25, 2017
Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by leofab(f): 1:38pm On May 25, 2017
Wonderfully put together
Re: "I Know Nothing About N182 Million Contract" - Sports Minister, Dalung by Bishop000(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2017
Olodo government!!!

(1) (Reply)

35 Turbines Out As Electricity Generation Hits 4,464MW / This Is The Reason Nnamdi Kanu Will Boycott Next Court Sitting. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.