Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige (28092 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari Campaign Phones: Which Would You Accept? (photos, Videos) / Man Destroying Buhari's Campaign Posters Arrested In Abuja (Photos) / Tambuwal’s Ex-aides Claim They Didn’t Resign, Insist Sokoto Gov Fired Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by waledeji(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
The most crying tribe in the whole universe presently cheesy cheesy cheesy

IPob always cry cool cool cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by ShitHead(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
Prodigal son.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
Gboooooosa
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by NothingDoMe: 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by brandydaniells(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
booked
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Okoyiboz3: 2:23pm On May 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
For those who don't understand what Ngige said. He says that politics is a business venture and if you don't invest in a business, you shouldn't expect dividends. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what has befallen our so called democracy. We can no longer exercise our democratic rights without being punished for it.

You disgraced moderator with the scruples of an alley cat, On 27th of August 2011, you made the comment below. I wonder how you manage to sleep at night with your atrocious history.

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

Please, go through this thread below. Igbo posters were calling Yoruba leaders names because they met GEJ in a civilised manner to complain about deliberate sack of yorubas and replacing them with other ethnicities.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

The problem of Igbos is that they cannot survive without the Federal Government. Their support for GEJ over Buhari was a political miscalculation due to political illiteracy. Over the years, they have supported other people even to the detriment of Igbo candidates. That is why Ojukwu couldn't get 3M votes from Igbos when he contested Nigeria's presidency.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by IgbosAreGreat(f): 2:23pm On May 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by vantage001: 2:23pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Benekruku(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2017
Bitter Truth!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by nairaman66(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2017
uch4apex:
The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, has asked the South-east to stop complaining of marginalisation by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

He lamented that all his efforts to persuade the Igbo to wisely invest in Buhari’s presidential bid in 2015 failed because of lack of co-operation by many South-east leaders, who threw their weigh behind former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is not a question I should answer because I’m a politician. But before these things happened, before the government of Jonathan failed, I went to all the Igbo fora to tell them that the Jonathan government will fall”, he told Thisday.

“I went to our Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo in Enugu twice. They could not even reply to a letter written by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, seeking for a meeting with them”, he added.

Ngige, revealed how he went to Lagos and convened an Igbo stakeholders forum in William Nwodo’s house in Ikoyi, Lagos in 2014, where he analysed the voting pattern in Nigeria and told them that even if they did not want to support Buhari, they should give him 25 per cent of their votes.

“They refused to listen to me, and to make matter worse, there was no voting in most of the areas in the South-east; they just allocated 5 per cent to APC.

“It was that bad, it is too late to cry when the head is off. Politics is business in a way, you invest in business and you reap profit.

“Yes, that is what it is. But all I want to tell you is that we played bad politics; we made a bad investment because they invested in the Jonathan presidency. They invested in Jonathan more than the South-south, where he hails from.

“I am not saying that is enough to marginalise them or not allow them come in but we are there. I will continue to speak for them and when there is anything to be distributed, we will make sure that the South-east gets its own portion. But they will not get excess portion.

Igbos should stop complaining, they didn’t invest in Buhari’s campaign – Ngige

“Even in a family where the head of the family goes to the farm to harvest his yams those who accompany the farmer to the farm get more share.

“When they bring back the yams some of them will be damaged, and the pieces are put out in one section. Then the whole yams are put into the barn and some will be sent to the market for sale. And some will be sent to the family centrally for distribution among the family units.

“Those ones that are in pieces, the extras, will be shared among those that went to the farm. We did not benefit from the extras with people who went to the farm. We didn’t go to the farm in the south-east”, he added.

On what the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be campaigning on ahead 2019, Ngige stated: “Oh my God, so you are in the group of those who are pessimistic, who have refused to see the wonders of this government?

“Well, I’m from the South-east, so when we get there we will show them that first and foremost we have fought corruption to a standstill and that people can no longer steal at will, much less keeping such monies at home.

“The movement was from the bank to the house, but now that homes have been raided, maybe they will go to the farm to keep them. But people cannot steal money because there is no hiding place anymore.

“They cannot steal primitively like it was done before. The poor people of Nigerian are happy about this,” he said.

The APC chieftain said he has no regret for his role in helping to bring Buhari to power, saying if the opportunity presents itself again he will do exactly the same thing.

“If not for this government, the government of Muhammadu Buhari, government of change, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela.

http://www.championnews.com.ng/igbos-stop-complaining-didnt-invest-buharis-campaign-ngige/?shared=email&msg=fail

Someone should tell this primitive man that government is not a business venture!! Shame on you Mr Ngige!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by vantage001: 2:24pm On May 25, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Nothing wey person ne go hear
I am surprised you did not toe his line.
You always seem to over-compensate for something especially when igbo issues are discussed.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Rider23: 2:24pm On May 25, 2017
Senseless man! So Citizens have to invest in Politician's campaign to get the dividends of democracy?? SMH

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by NothingDoMe: 2:25pm On May 25, 2017
Alariwo2:
Alas.. one reasonable one

You can't reap where you didn't sow.. It's simple law of nature.
And not just Buhari, even me as a human won't regard them with their vote pattern.

Igbos are just pained that they can't hijack PMB's govt. like they did with the useless ineffectual buffoon. Quote me anywhere.
I said it long ago so I'm not surprised. It's their way
See comment from "one Nigeria" chanters and self acclaimed sustainers of democracy. This is what you call democracy?

Well done.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by sanity12(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Shatap u outcast ...D igbos r agitating for their own state now not involving in this ur super failed administration
hahaha,e pain am, Nobi ur broda,igbos can betray dereselves for peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by hammer6: 2:26pm On May 25, 2017
The thunder that will fire this APC people have just finish doing press up. Make dem they 4 there.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by ephi123(f): 2:26pm On May 25, 2017
Ask this nonentity what he has achieved as Labour minister? Zero. Zilch. Nothing.

On top of the 97%/5% division Buhari introduced, has he made any progress even for the so-called 97%? Nope. Inflation rate and the economic situation has worsened right under his nose.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 25, 2017
Alariwo2:
Alas.. one reasonable one

You can't reap where you didn't sow.. It's simple law of nature.
And not just Buhari, even me as a human won't regard them with their vote pattern.

Igbos are just pained that they can't hijack PMB's govt. like they did with the useless ineffectual buffoon. Quote me anywhere.
I said it long ago so I'm not surprised. It's their way

Alariwo... how your music career going?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by kkboy(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2017
You said it all. Let those who want to rant keep ranting and those who want to hear hear.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by magoo10(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2017
Why will the Igbo's invest in buhari when they are not daft.
We have younger generations that can lead Nigeria to the right part and not one old ,military dictator who together with his colleagues ruined Nigeria and kept it where it is today.
The Igbo's have no apology for rejecting buhari and even if he comes out tomorrow the Igbo's will still reject him.
No apologies

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by aolawale025: 2:30pm On May 25, 2017
It's pathetic to say the least. So if you don't vote for a candidate. And he wins. You shouldn't expect development in your area? How about also leaving their resources so they can fend for themselves?

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by LordCrimson(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2017
So Nigerians can no longer exercise their franchise without fear of marginalisation

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Kc3000: 2:30pm On May 25, 2017
This bespectacled midget is gradually encroaching into efulefu territory.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by mayordj4real: 2:30pm On May 25, 2017
I have just one question for you. Why didn't the Igbos agitate for Biafra when Jonathan was in power?
EmekaBlue:
Shatap u outcast ...D igbos r agitating for their own state now not involving in this ur super failed administration

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by MaziOmenuko: 2:30pm On May 25, 2017
vantage001:

I am surprised you did not toe his line.
You always seem to over-compensate for something especially when igbo issues are discussed.

That's because I stand above tribalism and religion; the two things that has so divided us that we no longer see our fellows as humans but labels.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Benekruku(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2017
vantage001:
Igbos shouldn't expect anything because They didn't invest in buhari election. grin grin
Donald trump shouldn't work for black americans because they didn't vote for him.
We know which of those two scenarios is likely to happen and which of those two nations is the failed state. cheesy Difference between first and third world leadership.
Btw, I hope Ngige knows we still will not support him and his government in 2019.

2019 is settled already, we will votes across religious an ethnic lines so 2015 will repeat itself. Same for 2023!

The ethno religious car GEJ played in the last election will go a long way in Nigerian politics. It will easier for Arsenal to win the premier league than for an Eastern or Southerner to get close to power.

The North-Western alliance is informidable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by ephi123(f): 2:31pm On May 25, 2017
aolawale025:
It's pathetic to say the least. So if you don't vote for a candidate. And he wins. You shouldn't expect development in your area? How about also leaving their resources so they can fend for themselves?

Exactly. Apply the same yardstick all round.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by hermosa7: 2:31pm On May 25, 2017
uch4apex:
The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, has asked the South-east to stop complaining of marginalisation by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

He lamented that all his efforts to persuade the Igbo to wisely invest in Buhari’s presidential bid in 2015 failed because of lack of co-operation by many South-east leaders, who threw their weigh behind former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is not a question I should answer because I’m a politician. But before these things happened, before the government of Jonathan failed, I went to all the Igbo fora to tell them that the Jonathan government will fall”, he told Thisday.

“I went to our Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo in Enugu twice. They could not even reply to a letter written by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, seeking for a meeting with them”, he added.

Ngige, revealed how he went to Lagos and convened an Igbo stakeholders forum in William Nwodo’s house in Ikoyi, Lagos in 2014, where he analysed the voting pattern in Nigeria and told them that even if they did not want to support Buhari, they should give him 25 per cent of their votes.

“They refused to listen to me, and to make matter worse, there was no voting in most of the areas in the South-east; they just allocated 5 per cent to APC.

“It was that bad, it is too late to cry when the head is off. Politics is business in a way, you invest in business and you reap profit.

“Yes, that is what it is. But all I want to tell you is that we played bad politics; we made a bad investment because they invested in the Jonathan presidency. They invested in Jonathan more than the South-south, where he hails from.

“I am not saying that is enough to marginalise them or not allow them come in but we are there. I will continue to speak for them and when there is anything to be distributed, we will make sure that the South-east gets its own portion. But they will not get excess portion.

Igbos should stop complaining, they didn’t invest in Buhari’s campaign – Ngige

“Even in a family where the head of the family goes to the farm to harvest his yams those who accompany the farmer to the farm get more share.

“When they bring back the yams some of them will be damaged, and the pieces are put out in one section. Then the whole yams are put into the barn and some will be sent to the market for sale. And some will be sent to the family centrally for distribution among the family units.

“Those ones that are in pieces, the extras, will be shared among those that went to the farm. We did not benefit from the extras with people who went to the farm. We didn’t go to the farm in the south-east”, he added.

On what the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be campaigning on ahead 2019, Ngige stated: “Oh my God, so you are in the group of those who are pessimistic, who have refused to see the wonders of this government?

“Well, I’m from the South-east, so when we get there we will show them that first and foremost we have fought corruption to a standstill and that people can no longer steal at will, much less keeping such monies at home.

“The movement was from the bank to the house, but now that homes have been raided, maybe they will go to the farm to keep them. But people cannot steal money because there is no hiding place anymore.

“They cannot steal primitively like it was done before. The poor people of Nigerian are happy about this,” he said.

The APC chieftain said he has no regret for his role in helping to bring Buhari to power, saying if the opportunity presents itself again he will do exactly the same thing.

“If not for this government, the government of Muhammadu Buhari, government of change, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela.

http://www.championnews.com.ng/igbos-stop-complaining-didnt-invest-buharis-campaign-ngige/?shared=email&msg=fail

Very sensible talk. You can't reap where you didn't sow.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Etuagievin(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2017
Must they invest in his election before getting attention? I thought they are still part of Nigeria. Can u imagine what an IBO man who was once a governor/senator from southeast is spewing to the public! Politicians self.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Incrizz(f): 2:33pm On May 25, 2017
But we are Nigerians Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by wristbangle: 2:33pm On May 25, 2017
Lol. Make I know talk wetin dey my mind

It's mind blowing to see some set of disgruntled miscreants crying more than the bereaved. Their own has spoken the bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by EvilMetahuman: 2:34pm On May 25, 2017
conductor11:
This is why Nigeria will never work

Igbos should not expect anything because they didn't invest in Buhari, but Buhari will export our tax money and oil proceeds to go and live comfortably in a UK hospital?

Make them share this country ASAP.
which oil proceeds?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by sixtusn: 2:34pm On May 25, 2017
Oh Ngige, they invest in such too; is it a business? Well am.not surprised because you have lost ur senses. Outside appointment, I don't think u can be elected into an office by merit. Ewu!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘atiku, Agbaje May Lose In Lagos If…’ / Picture Of Atiku Abubakar At AriseTV Presidential Townhall Series 3 / What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.