Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé (2044 Views)

The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Death To Baddos. Death To The Bees By Akíntayo Akínjídé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2017
Dedicated To All Nigerian Soldiers

Some of the other soldiers in the bus sang that sad song that became popular after Paul Walker died. Jesse never cared to learn the lyrics. The song was definitely too sad to be learnt. And he hated negative energies like the one the song emitted. The only thought on his mind was what waited for them ahead. The truck danced wearily in the forest till it couldn't go any further.

They jumped down and filed out like ants. Their antenna were ready to scan out the hideouts of the Boko Haram sect. Jesse checked his backpack and the knives he kept at strategic places.

' Jesse, from you, I need a head count', their captain shouted.
' One'
' Two'
The number circled through the voices of the comrades around him. He loved the way the sound came become the forest seem to be devoid of any sound. Even, the tree refused to shake or making any noise.

' Good, welcome to a new world', the captain said with his hands behind him. ' I know many of you are ready to fight for your nation, but I must advice you to be cautious. No one must leave the camp without a partner'.

His partner, Murudeen, nudged him. They were buddies who had clawed their ways to the top of their class and into the heart of their teachers. Jesse smiled warily. He was prepared for Sambisa forest. If he died there, his girlfriend would have no cause to weep. Even if he died, he must have had a lot of blood bath in his wake. He would see the red liquid splashing from a battered head and he must relish the yell of the enemy lest he became the victim.

Before he left home, he had done the unspeakable. His girlfriend, Mide, was mad at him when she met him sleeping with another woman. Normally, he wouldn't have left home, Fortune City, without making her know the truth, without making her know that he was the one who hatched the plan.

Yet, it was a better information. He preferred her to feel hurt, to cry, to be angry, to nurse the wound of being hurt emotionally than for her to know he had left home for Sambisa forest. She didn't have capacity for such fear, such news. Worrying about him might kill her before he returned home, if he ever returned.

' Now, soldiers are you ready? March out'.

The soldiers chanted in response, and used their boots to crush the grasses on their way to their new camp. They moved to their Anthill, from where they would launch their attacks and watch many of their men die and prepare for their own death.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 3:03pm On May 25, 2017
okay .. Another scintillating story is here for you oo. .
omeira
daintyprincess
RaggedyAnn
EvaJael
kingphilip
comelyJummy
Galacious1
llaykorn
Tahrah
boffinjay

1 Like

Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by EvaJael(f): 3:34pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:
okay .. Another scintillating story is here for you oo.

omeira

daintyprincess

RaggedyAnn

EvaJael

kingphilip

comelyJummy

Galacious1

llaykorn

Tahrah

boffinjay
Thanks for the mention. I'm here
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:

omeira

daintyprincess

RaggedyAnn

EvaJael

kingphilip

comelyJummy

Galacious1

llaykorn

Tahrah

boffinjay
present.hadampson and alamiendagash,do your job
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1.i need more
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by chidozeze(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen. you're fantastic, nothing do you.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2017
boffinjay:
Divepen1.i need more
Lol.. Thanks.. Someday this story might blossom, but, for now, it's still a short story.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:

omeira

daintyprincess

RaggedyAnn

EvaJael

kingphilip

comelyJummy

Galacious1

llaykorn

Tahrah

boffinjay
Present Sir!!
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2017
EvaJael:
Thanks for the mention. I'm here
welcome Eva

By The way Ajicold.. Have you read this..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
boffinjay:
. Welcome baba.. thanks for dropping by. ..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
chidozeze:
Divepen. you're fantastic, nothing do you.
Thanks baba.. Your head dey there..

1 Like

Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2017
Tahrah:
Present Sir!!
Welcome.. Tara.. or Tarasha ( lip zipped) and runs out..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:
Welcome.. Tara.. or Tarasha ( lip zipped) and runs out..
Wat does Tarasha mean?
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol.. Thanks.. Someday this story might blossom, but, for now, it's still a short story.
ok

1 Like

Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:
. Welcome baba.. thanks for dropping by. ..
tz a pleasure
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2017
Tahrah:
Wat does Tarasha mean?
Lol...
It means star..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 25, 2017
Awesome. I'm jealous tongue. You're born to do this.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Hadampson(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2017
boffinjay:
Oya march march, forward.... Oga Mi i salute yhu o.. stepheegee12, where iz yhu?
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by comelyJummy(f): 8:30pm On May 25, 2017
Divepen1:

omeira

daintyprincess

RaggedyAnn

EvaJael

kingphilip

comelyJummy

Galacious1

llaykorn

Tahrah

boffinjay
Reporting for duty sir
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 8:46pm On May 25, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
Awesome. I'm jealous tongue. You're born to do this.
Covering face. Thanks a lot..

1 Like

Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2017
comelyJummy:
Reporting for duty sir
Welcome Jummy
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2017
Hadampson:
Oya march march, forward.... Oga Mi i salute yhu o.. stepheegee12, where iz yhu?
. Welcome oga Hadampson
what did you bring for us.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by stephenGee12(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2017
Hadampson:

wat does i sawing here grin grin
Divepen1 is back. Oga mi twale. Let the update land gidigba cos I don land for nairaland like landline
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2017
stephenGee12:

wat does i sawing here grin grin
Divepen1 is back. Oga mi twale. Let the update land gidigba cos I don land for nairaland like landline
I didn't go anywhere oo. And this is just a short story o..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 25, 2017
Hadampson:
i salute u too o.big boss.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Champion001: 6:21am On May 26, 2017
Divepen1 Ds is a rlly gud one. kp it up
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Kusibe77(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2017
Stark up!!!
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2017
Champion001:
Divepen1 Ds is a rlly gud one. kp it up
Thanks bro..
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Divepen1(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2017
Kusibe77:
Stark up!!!
I don't understand you.
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Kusibe77(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2017
Divepen1:
I don't understand you.
continue, sir
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Hadampson(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2017
Divepen1:
. Welcome oga Hadampson
what did you bring for us.
Nothing much.. just ORIGIN mixed with codeine and tramadolgringrin ... care tew join me?
cc: queenitee, evajael, jane1234f, aminzy, marianneada

Lest i forget, adesina12 abeg bring sweet popcorn 4 us sharply b4 we march to sambisa forestcheesy

Captain Divepen1, we are set sir
Re: The Anthill Of Sambisa ( Flash Fiction For Our Soldiers)- Akíntayo Akínjídé by Jane1234f(f): 9:01am On May 26, 2017
Hadampson:
Nothing much.. just ORIGIN mixed with codeine and tramadolgringrin ... care tew join me?
cc: queenitee, evajael, jane1234f, aminzy, marianneada

Lest i forget, adesina12 abeg bring sweet popcorn 4 us sharply b4 we march to sambisa forestcheesy

Captain Divepen1, we are set sir
Yes hadampson, need that popcorn too,meanwhile it's been long.... I missed you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls / My Blind Date Experience (true Life Story) / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.