Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example (1167 Views)

You Are Insensitive To The Plight Of Nigerians – Shekarau Blasts Buhari / Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
I have read and absorbed the horrible news of recent days in Haiti and thank God many of us are donating.

The pictures are too graphic and the dead are piling. Babies, adults, sick, old and young, rich and poor have been dealt a devastiing blow by the forces of nature.

But the main reason for starting this post, is to ask why there is so much hatred for blacks the world over irrespective of the state of their suffering and ill fate.

I read so many comments in forums and on youtube left by westerners after this earthquake, making statements like ' thank god the niggers are dead' , or 'Haitians stink' and many more incredible statements such as these.

What is wrong with the black man  Are we cursed 

We own so many resources but yet live in poverty while enriching the western world. Why can we not get our act together and sort ourselves out, sort out our countries, and sort out other blacks like the Haitians in this terrible predicament.

Why are blacks in general suffering the most 

Please let me know your thoughts.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by asha80(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
'Black man you are on your own' Steve biko.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
at this stage, African nations have to start preparing a game plan in the event a similar disaster happens in their own countries.

The west can handle emergencies of this nature- most black African countries cannot.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by transformR: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
frosbel:

I have read and absorbed the horrible news of recent days in Haiti and thank God many of us are donating.

The pictures are too graphic and the dead are piling. Babies, adults, sick, old and young, rich and poor have been dealt a devastiing blow by the forces of nature.

But the main reason for starting this post, is to ask why there is so much hatred for blacks the world over irrespective of the state of their suffering and ill fate.

I read so many comments in forums and on youtube left by westerners after this earthquake, making statements like ' thank god the niggers are dead' , or 'Haitians stink' and many more incredible statements such as these.

What is wrong with the black man  Are we cursed 

We own so many resources but yet live in poverty while enriching the western world. Why can we not get our act together and sort ourselves out, sort out our countries, and sort out other blacks like the Haitians in this terrible predicament.

Why are blacks in general suffering the most 

Please let me know your thoughts.

No of course Black people do not suffer the most, you have been absorbing too much Western propaganda, you poor thing,  The solution is simple:

1.  Read your history books - by the right historians (European Historians will cause you more damage if you read their books).
2.  Stop watching all the White news channels which are designed to belittle you and make you believe you are below them.  Once you stop absorbing the propaganda
     you will have more time to achieve.
3.  Start making your own contribution towards your people rather than sitting back feeling sorry for yourself - The imagination is much worse than reality.
4.  Stop reacting to and taking sloppy comments by Youtubers serious!  grin grin grin grin grin It could be one person with 50 accounts making the same comments, it could     
       even be a bunch of teenagers being silly  grin grin grin grin grin

I could go on but I do not have the time because I am too busy making my own contribution, hope this has helped you.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by ElRazur: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
While we are talking about haiti, how come no Muslim nation is actively involve and chanting AllahuAkbar? Surely, there are Muslims in haiti? From what I can tell, it is nation perceived as "Christian nations" that are doing all the ground work. . . .Can any one shed more light?

grin
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by ElRazur: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
^^ Above is a serious question. . . Any takers? grin
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by mamagee3(f): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
What does blacks have to do with this?
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by SapeleGuy: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2010
Frosbel - You need to change your headline. These Hatians have tried, they have tried to do the right thing by taking the bodies to the mortuary but they are overflowing.

Where do you want them to put the thousands of dead bodies?

They need our donations and support not the disrespect in your headline.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by ezeagu(m): 12:10am On Jan 16, 2010
Same thread. Same indifference. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by sage(m): 3:33am On Jan 16, 2010
na Jamb question be dat?

Seriously what has blacks got to do with this?
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Fhemmmy: 3:37am On Jan 16, 2010
This is a question that we have asked and asked over again . . .if blacks are cursed, cos come to think of it, almost all the nations that are black is not doing well.
I am sure there has to be reason for all these, and i wonder if there are solutions.
See all the black nations that are right beside America, the level of poverty there are worse than the one in Africa.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Jan 16, 2010
Fhemmmy:

This is a question that we have asked and asked over again . . .if blacks are cursed, cos come to think of it, almost all the nations that are black is not doing well.
I am sure there has to be reason for all these, and i wonder if there are solutions.
See all the black nations that are right beside America, the level of poverty there are worse than the one in Africa.
South Africa?
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2010
@SapeleGuy , you miscontrued my article.

In no way was I disrespecting Haitians, I have donated money to the red cross and will still be donating till this crisis is over.

My issue , hence this article, had to do with the utter disregard that people in western societies have for suffering blacks the world over.

I was disheartended to read many articles written by educated and highly placed Americans questioning :

- Why the US government is allowing displaced Haitian children into Miami, because , their train of thought is that these 'illegal immigrants ' will become a burden to society in general.

- Comments by Americans that these mud eating niggers should all die

- Why Obama was sending millions of dollars to Haiti when Americans are suffering at home

and it goes on and on and on.

Remember Hurriacane Katrina in New Orleans when the government sent the national guard instead of immediate aid and assistance

Remember Rwanda when the Belgian soilders came to rescue ONLY their fellow Belgians

Its an endless list of these similar sort of events.

I am not American bashing here , I am only trying to understand why even in suffering blacks are hated ( obviously not all whites hate blacks ) and mistreated.

@ transformR

I feel no pity for myself, I am a British citizen with Nigerian ancestry.

But I do feel for my people when I see them go through pain with no concrete plan to alleviate the sufferings they have to cope with on a daily basis.

I do my little bit for my extended family back home and will even want to come home and contribute positively some of my skills for the benefit of the nation. However the endemic corruption that plagues Nigeria prevents this.

The comments are coming from highly educated but ill informed people like Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh and many others who read msnbc, cnn, abc news channels. Many of these are educated people.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
I have changed the topic from ' ( Earthquake Survivors Blockade Roads With Piles Of Corpses ( Are Blacks Cursed)? )

to

'Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example'

This represents a more accurate purpose for the article.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Roforofo(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
frosbel:

@SapeleGuy , you miscontrued my article.

In no way was I disrespecting Haitians, I have donated money to the red cross and will still be donating till this crisis is over.

My issue , hence this article, had to do with the utter disregard that people in western societies have for suffering blacks the world over.

I was disheartended to read many articles written by educated and highly placed Americans questioning :

- Why the US government is allowing displaced Haitian children into Miami, because , their train of thought is that these 'illegal immigrants ' will become a burden to society in general.

- Comments by Americans that these mud eating niggers should all die

- Why Obama was sending millions of dollars to Haiti when Americans are suffering at home

and it goes on and on and on.

Remember Hurriacane Katrina in New Orleans when the government sent the national guard instead of immediate aid and assistance

Remember Rwanda when the Belgian soilders came to rescue ONLY their fellow Belgians

Its an endless list of these similar sort of events.

I am not American bashing here , I am only trying to understand why even in suffering blacks are hated ( obviously not all whites hate blacks ) and mistreated.

@ transformR

I feel no pity for myself, I am a British citizen with Nigerian ancestry.

But I do feel for my people when I see them go through pain with no concrete plan to alleviate the sufferings they have to cope with on a daily basis.

I do my little bit for my extended family back home and will even want to come home and contribute positively some of my skills for the benefit of the nation. However the endemic corruption that plagues Nigeria prevents this.

The comments are coming from highly educated but ill informed people like Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh and many others who read msnbc, cnn, abc news channels. Many of these are educated people.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Even blacks don't care about blacks! cry Let us face ourselves in Africa. Hausas attacking and killing Ibos in Nigeria, Yorubas killing Hausas in Nigeria, Ibos killing Hausas in Nigeria, Sudanese r*ping their own women and killing babies in Sudan, Liberians hacking off the limbs of fellow Liberians including women and children in Liberia, Rwandese and Congolese enslaving children to work in mines and killing thousands of their fellow citizens in Rwanda and Congo and recently Kenyans murdering fellow Kenyans after the elections in Kenya. I should also add that in 2008 fellow black South Africans went on rampage murdering fellow BLACK Africans from Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Nigeria. We cannot keep blaming white people for all our problems. Blacks and Africans are our own worst enemies. Our leaders steal BILLIONS of dollars and keep in Swiss Accounts, yet when a fellow black country is facing this kind of humanitarian disaster it is America, Europe, Australia, Israel, New Zeland, China and Japan rushing personnel, doctors, nurses, engineers and food to Haiti. The truth is bitter but we need to face it. shocked
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by texazzpete(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2010
I think the Original poster needs to have a rethink. Since when does the views of a few extremists on Youtube reflect the mindset of the entire western world? All i see on TV is western nations donating aid, materiel and rescue services to haiti. the response of African nations has been much more muted.
I see westerners campaigning for an end to the despoil and murder of women in Congo. How many Nigerian news agencies have even reported on this issue? We see Hollywood stars in darfur, genuinely concerned with easing the suffering of the people there. What sensitivity is displayed by your precious Nollywood stars?

Black people are far more insensitive to the plight of their fellow blacks. First fix the problems in your own race before you begin to cast stones
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Roforofo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2010
texazzpete:

I think the Original poster needs to have a rethink. Since when does the views of a few extremists on Youtube reflect the mindset of the entire western world? All i see on TV is western nations donating aid, materiel and rescue services to haiti. the response of African nations has been much more muted.
I see westerners campaigning for an end to the despoil and murder of women in Congo. How many Nigerian news agencies have even reported on this issue? We see Hollywood stars in darfur, genuinely concerned with easing the suffering of the people there. What sensitivity is displayed by your precious Nollywood stars?

Black people are far more insensitive to the plight of their fellow blacks. First fix the problems in your own race before you begin to cast stones

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%. Like I said before, Blacks and Africans are our own worst enemies. We should face ourselves instead of blaming White people for all our failures and lack of progress.
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by Roforofo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2010
texazzpete:

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%. Like I said before Blacks and Africans especially are our own worst enemies. We should face ourselves instead of blaming Whites for all our failures and lack of progress. Our leaders are too busy amassing BILLIONs of stolen money and sending their children to school abroad while millions of Africans live in poverty, children die due to poor healthcare and lack of clean water, fellow Africans massacre their own countrymen, the list goes on and on. Last time I went home it was so sad seeing children under ten begging for food on the streets of Lagos cry cry
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by transformR: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2010
frosbel:

@ transformR

I am a British citizen with Nigerian ancestry.

So am I

frosbel:

Who's fault is that?

frosbel:

I do my little bit for my extended family back home and will even want to come home and contribute positively some of my skills for the benefit of the nation.

Thats great  grin

frosbel:

Like I said ignore it.

On another note, the Original topic was fine, however the responses have answered your original question - Most black people think they arew cursed, its as clear as day on this forum. 

Low standards, turning a blind eye to corruption, a lack of educational Excellence, Blindly following Arab and Western religions the list goes on so I will say Black people are the problem and black people are the solution it depends on which side wins.  At present the problematic blacks are winning  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Insensitivity of Westerners to the plight of blacks using Haiti as an example by buchio7(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2010
@transformer u cldnt hav put it better. All dis talk abt self pity gets so appalling . D black man needs to start helpin himself n his ppl rather dan waitin 4 handouts frm d west. D tragedy of haiti is dat am yet to hear of an african country sending aid to dem. Its still western natiöns n establishments doing all d relief work

(1) (Reply)

Protest In Aba As ‘bakassi Boys’ Kill Trader / President Quattara Of Cote’ D’ Voire – World’s Most Powerless President / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.