Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) (10551 Views)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Tax Default: Birs Seals Uba, Access Bank, Others In Benue / Tax Liabilities: BIRS Seals Zenith Bank, Fidelity, Others In Makurdi, Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by DollarAngel(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2017
angels09:
Copy Fayose....dump about six Mack truck loads of sand at their entrances

Are you serious
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by tempex88(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2017
josefaith:

With due respect to your comment, you dont have idea of what is happening there. This banks deduct WHT from customers and they will not disclose fully all monies withheld on behalf of the State. Permit me to say that banks and companies are agent of tax collection to the Government and its their duty to remit all monies collect by them but they will not disclose it fully. How will you feel if you are a business man and your employee short change you? Well it regards to what tax act says, the act says initial assessment can be objected to within 30days while revised assessment deadline can be determined by the Board. Please kindly read PITA 2011 as amended very well. Thank you.

Where does the act say revised assessment can be determined by the board?
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by tempex88(m): 9:21am On May 26, 2017
bobnatlo:

What nonesensee!!! Oboy do u put ur money in d bank atall. Do u know how much they deduct from peoples account for their many reasons?
Yet they can't pay thier payee tax. Its not as if the bank is paying alone. Its contributed from both staff n them. And also negotiable wt any tax bureau.
Abeg make them pay jare

baba, did u also consider depositors who will want to withdraw their money and they would walk into a closed bank. Cutting the head is not the solution to headache.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by jerryBoss1(m): 9:21am On May 26, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Ortom is working grin

Kyase your governor they work now
Mugu !! When poverty full the state pensioner and teacher they commit suicide and the governor they carry money give his godfather senator Akume ad share wheelbarrow to fools like you wey be sycophants #Mtcheeeew go get sense come comment back.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by tempex88(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

e be like sey u no be nigerian or u don commot tey tey.
virtually all big coys in nigeria evade tax liabilities.

The Tax authorities have refused to step up their game. Business are being IT driven, tax audit is still being done with pen and paper.

Why cant the government implement a system such that our Tax Identification number can operate like a BVN linked to all our earnings. and we can easily file returns online. Tax authorities are automatically credited
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:30am On May 26, 2017
DollarAngel:

Are you serious
Yes. The Banks in Ekiti have cooperated. Except GTbank which is not ​missed.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Kyase(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2017
vecman22:

Oga do you get your daily bread from Nl
ask am
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Kyase(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Ortom is working grin

Kyase your governor they work now
which state you comoth from
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by buchilino(m): 10:10am On May 26, 2017
BIRS=ORTOM, MORE WHEELBARROWS NEEDED.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by hardbody: 10:17am On May 26, 2017
akinsadeez:
Great news. I was hoping to see Diamond Bank there. That nonsense bank recently deducted 800 naira from the little change in my account all in the name of stamp duties charge. cry E pain me ehn.

And that Access bank too, that will give you interest of 60 naira and then deduct Withholding tax of 6 naira. undecided

They should just close all of them down.

No need to close them down. I have already built my own personal bank under my pillow. Oya come and deduct WHT.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by DollarAngel(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2017
angels09:

Yes. The Banks in Ekiti have cooperated. Except GTbank which is not ​missed.

That man is a clown though I love him
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Ehi07(f): 10:42am On May 26, 2017
Tender1:
After reconciliation, Zenith Bank has been found to be indebted to the sum of Two Hundred and Thirteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Eight Naira Ninety Four Kobo (213,957,338.94) only.

THE ONLY THING THAT ALWAYS BAFFLES ME IS AFTER SUCH AN AMOUNT IS MENTIONED, THEY'LL ATTACHED THE WORD only TO MAKE IT SOUNDS SMALL. wink

Looool! As in enh! So funny.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 11:38am On May 26, 2017
The federal government of the zoo fighting back against grazing bills that seams to have frustrated the activities of their terrorist machineries. What a zoological republic.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by josefaith: 12:50pm On May 26, 2017
tempex88:

Where does the act say revised assessment can be determined by the board?

Bros kindly go through Section 58(1). You will see 30 days there for initial assessment. Demand notice for revised assessment can be given three days, 1 week or 2 weeks for objection, its at the discretion of the Board. if not for confidentiality rule of the Institute, I would have shown you a revised assessment with objection timeline of 2 weeks.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by tempex88(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2017
josefaith:

Bros kindly go through Section 58(1). You will see 30 days there for initial assessment. Demand notice for revised assessment can be given three days, 1 week or 2 weeks for objection, its at the discretion of the Board. if not for confidentiality rule of the Institute, I would have shown you a revised assessment with objection timeline of 2 weeks.

I have checked. Demand notice become final and conclusive after 30days. No where in the act does it say lesser
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by salesforce: 2:35pm On May 26, 2017
Ok
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2017
josefaith:

This is not correct. Nowhere in the act does the law allow the tax authority to unilaterally fix the period of objection. It means the tax authority can as well give you one day to object if it is within their discretion. You are reading the law wrongly..... And the fact that the tax authority wrote ten days or seven days in their revised assessment does not mean that that is the correct number of days that the tax payer has to object. You follow the law, not what is written in the revised assessment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel CUG / Standard Chartered Bank Branch Office In Ibadan! / Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.