Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy (980 Views)

PPPRA Sacks 34 Staff To Employ Hadiza, Buhari's Daughter - Sahara Reporters / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened / El-Rufai Responds To A Tweet Asking Him To Employ Shehu Sani (Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 26, 2017
This is thread is a rejoinder to Alcatraz005 article:

https://www.nairaland.com/3822301/igbos-unfair-blame-yorubas-failure/3#56898719

Its high time we engage with tact, diplomacy and caution. Our agitation is genuine. If the Nigerian State had treated us well, over the years, the need for this agitation wouldn't have been there. Our voices is growing stronger and louder by the day, and I believe that the Nigerian State is sitting up to address the issues that affects us or possibly call for a restructure/referendum.
In this case, the tribal slur should stop. Ethnic and tribal engagement is needless, since that will not help the course. Its high time we engage opposing views with superior argument and knowledge. You can make your point without raining abuses or name calling. Its high time we ignore miscreants who create endless monikers to insult the Igbo race. If ignored, they will be forced to call up their mission.
Prof. Osibanjo's address was timely and engaging, no doubt about it. But those are his views. His views, were purely base on his office and constitutional responsibility. If Prof Osibanjo is an Igbo man, he will still do the same. He swore an oat to protect the sovereignty of the nation. So the attack on his person is unnecessary. We can disagree, to agree as long as respect is maintained. Time to thread on the part of diplomacy, tact and intelligence to win what rightly belong to us, that we've been striped off since the end of the civil war.

cc: Ngokafor: MrAlfa: myright: Ikeg: Agumbankembu:Igboid: Alcatraz005:

@Alcatraz005, I hope this thread does justice to your mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by MrAlfa: 3:17pm On May 26, 2017
I understand where you are coming from but the Zoo doesn't work like that. Zoo people don't understand diplomacy.
Ojukwu used diplomacy and tact to free Awolowo and made Banjo commander. See where that got us. You cannot trust these people. Our nature is strightforward and face to face and that's what we do. We can't go stabbing in the back just to prove we are diplomatic and sophisticated. Aru!

So, if Osibanjo doesn't like the responses from Igbos, maybe he should steer from Igbo matter. Igbos say that he who brings home ant infested firewood must accept visit from Lizards. They cannot betray and back-stab us with their controller masters and not expect consequences.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 26, 2017
MrAlfa:
I understand where you are coming from but the Zoo doesn't work like that. Zoo people don't understand diplomacy.
Ojukwu used diplomacy and tact to free Awolowo and made Banjo commander. See where that got us. You cannot trust these people. Our nature is strightforward and face to face and that's what we do. We can't go stabbing in the back just to prove we are diplomatic and sophisticated. Aru!

So, if Osibanjo doesn't like the responses from Igbos, maybe he should steer from Igbo matter. Igbos say that he who brings home ant infested firewood must accept visit from Lizards. They cannot betray and back-stab us with their controller masters and not expect consequences.
Yes, we stand on the same platform. Our position is same. All I'm saying we make our opinion clear without insult. We can give the Prof. the reason his views is not popular with superior argument and points. To win wars, strategy and tacts matters a lot, tact, allies and superior strategies win wars, not brute force. History is littered with this truth. Right now, the wars we are facing is not that of guns and riffles, but political and economical. Right thinking is needed bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by MrAlfa: 3:24pm On May 26, 2017
blues2022:

Yes, we stand on the same platform. Our position is same. All I'm saying we make our opinion clear without insult. We can give the Prof. the reason his views is not popular with superior argument and points. To win wars, strategy and tacts matters a lot, tact, allies and superior strategies win wars, not brute force. History is littered with this truth. Right now, the wars we are facing is not that of guns and riffles, but political and economical. Right thinking is needed bro.

Which insult are you talking about?
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by FitnessDoctor: 3:32pm On May 26, 2017
The Igbos are not yet unified... many igbos dont even know that this is happening and how serious it is, while others dont want to leave
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 26, 2017
MrAlfa:

Which insult are you talking about?
I'm not new on this forum. Sometimes I cringe on the barrages of insult that flys back and forth, expecially between the Igbos and Yorubas. Its not restricted to Igbos alone, so I'm not making it a one side issue. But my point is, if the Yorubas or any group insult us, we just ignore them and move on. We engage those that want to reason on a sane level and ignore the miscreants that attack us on purpose. Lots of people visit this forum, especially from the international angle. So maintaining a clean slate is a win win for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2017
I am completely in support of this submission. The issue is that the Federal govt have paid agents whose mission is to turn the agitation into a tribal war on online platforms. Playing into such people hand is simply foolish.

What work does those anti biafra miscreants have other than to type and open threads on nairaland. No busy working class person will have such time except he is receiving payments for his online services. Reason such people need to be ignored.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 26, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I am completely in support of this submission. The issue is that the Federal govt have paid agents whose mission is to turn the agitation into a tribal war on online platforms. Playing into such people hand is simply foolish.

What work does those anti biafra miscreants have other than to type and open threads on nairaland. No busy working class person will have such time except he is receiving payments for his online services. Reason such people need to be ignored.
Exactly on point..... The attack is done on purpose. And I believe that some clone monikers are fake... there mission is clear, create animosity and so destroy any consensus that could be built.

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by kingzizzy: 4:27pm On May 26, 2017
MrAlfa:

I agree as well. The Nigerian government does not understand the language of diplomacy or peaceful conflict resolution. There is only one language the Nigerian government understands..................
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 26, 2017
Op, you have spoken well and you seem to be reasonable unlike the rest of your brothers. Our position is simple, we need the Igbo's to know that the yorubas do not stand against the Biafra agitation. Like I have said on this forum numerous times that growing up, I saw the Igbos as my own people because I grew up around them and all I received from them was love. The Jonathan Presidency specifically brought out the demons in our igbo brother and they bore their fangs against the Yorubas in a show of pent up rage about perceived injustices meted out to them by the Yorubas from the civil war down to 2011. The millennial Yorubas are not complicit in whatever injustices that the Igbos suffered and should not bear the brunt of igbo hate.

The Igbos have definitely taken our meekness for cowardice and fear. This has been noticed by our leaders and action has been taken at the highest level of Yoruba leadership and consciousness. What we expect of Igbos is to rebuild the east and stop being covetous of Lagos-an emotion which has seen them call our most developed city a no man's land. The indigenous people of Lagos and the king has taken note and are seething with rage.

The Yoruba want nothing more than the actualisation of Biafra but we want it to be active through the proper channels of skill diplomacy and constructive engagement. The current modus operandi of Ipob which is beginning to enjoy wide acceptance accross the igbo tribe will achieve nothing more than acquiring new enemies and plunging into a needless civil war. Igbo elite need to key in into the whole struggle and give it a semblance of legitimacy. The Hausa-Fulani cannot resist pressure from the other big two ethnic groups. Restructuring our brand of federalism is the only way to go else we implode sooner than we think.

The igbo should tone down on the hate rhetoric and build bridges with all other ethnic groups of like mind to see that the polity is structured in a manner where equity and justice shall prevail. Any other violent channel towards the actualisation of the Biafra republic will see massive casualties on both sides.

Yorubas are largely indifferent and are capable to forge ahead no matter the outcome of this Nigerian project.

Selah.

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 26, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Op, you have spoken well and you seem to be reasonable unlike the rest of your brothers. Our position is simple, we need the Igbo's to know that the yorubas do not stand against the Biafra agitation. Like I have said on this forum numerous times that growing up, I saw the Igbos as my own people because I grew up around them and all I received from them was love. The Jonathan Presidency specifically brought out the demons in our igbo brother and they bore their fangs against the Yorubas in a show of pent up rage about perceived injustices meted out to them by the Yorubas from the civil war down to 2011. The millennial Yorubas are not complicit in whatever injustices that the Igbos suffered and should not bear the brunt of igbo hate.

The Igbos have definitely taken our meekness for cowardice and fear. This has been noticed by our leaders and action has been taken at the highest level of Yoruba leadership and consciousness. What we expect of Igbos is to rebuild the east and stop being covetous of Lagos-an emotion which has seen them call our most developed city a no man's land. The indigenous people of Lagos and the king has taken note and are seething with rage.

The Yoruba want nothing more than the actualisation of Biafra but we want it to be active through the proper channels of skill diplomacy and constructive engagement. The current modus operandi of Ipob which is beginning to enjoy wide acceptance accross the igbo tribe will achieve nothing more than acquiring new enemies and plunging into a needless civil war. Igbo elite need to key in into the whole struggle and give it a semblance of legitimacy. The Hausa-Fulani cannot resist pressure from the other big two ethnic groups. Restructuring our brand of federalism is the only way to go else we implode sooner than we think.

The igbo should tone down on the hate rhetoric and build bridges with all other ethnic groups of like mind to see that the polity is structured in a manner where equity and justice shall prevail. Any other violent channel towards the actualisation of the Biafra republic will see massive casualties on both sides.

Yorubas are largely indifferent and are capable to forge ahead no matter the outcome of this Nigerian project.

Selah.
.....I wish you sound this civil on your thread...... Anyway, I concur to your submission. I'm not a member of IPOB. I belong to Lower Niger Congress School of thought. This wing is more of intellectuals and diplomats. In every movement, there are bound to be the aggressive. IPOB represent that part; even-though, the group will never engage FG, or any group in violent confrontation. They are still guided by the non violent part of their code standard.

However, that part of Lagos tagged as no mans land is a kind of rebuttal by Igbos against perceived Yorubas interference into Igbos issues, especially between Igbos and Ikwerres, and other S' South Igbos. Its more of a pay back game.
Every sane Nigerian knows that Lagos is Yoruba land. Lagos belong to the Yorubas, and every residence is a visitor; but in the Nigerian contest, Lagos has metamorphosed into a home for all, as a result of her accommodating and business thriving structure. So, I don't think you've got to get worked up by that rhetoric, neither should your leaders be. Nevertheless, I've taken note of your points.....

3 Likes

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 5:46pm On May 26, 2017
what does that mean ...

igbos have no chance in nigerian politics....una dont understand it....
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 5:47pm On May 26, 2017
MrAlfa:

tell am...is too late to start with nigerian politics,igbos will start from zero...no chance....

the best igbos can do now is concentrate in your east....let them come to you,dont go to them anymore.....
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2017
bantudra:
what does that mean ...

igbos have no chance in nigerian politics....una dont understand it....
I'll advice you get off my thread. Its too high for your cranium to understand and contribute.
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 5:50pm On May 26, 2017
blues2022:

I'll advice you get off my thread. Its too high for your cranium to understand and contribute.

am just trying to help...ipob way will end in war.....understand how nigeria works...its a dirty game,but their is no war.....

demanding biafra will automaticaly end in war....

their is no way to get biafra diplomaticaly....stop deceiving your brothers and sisters......nigeria is very dangerous to play with....
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 26, 2017
bantudra:

am just trying to help...ipob way will end in war.....understand how nigeria works...its a dirty game,but their is no war.....
There will be no war. It may end up in a restructured Nigeria
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 5:55pm On May 26, 2017
blues2022:

There will be no war. It may end up in a restructured Nigeria

maybe...but how likely is that...

be honest...we both know you cant force nigerians to anything....never worked...!!!!...

they must want it wilfuly....but how you wan wayo them to want it .....
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 26, 2017
bantudra:

maybe...but how likely is that...

be honest...we both know you cant force nigerians to anything....never worked...!!!!...

they must want it wilfuly....but how you wan wayo them to want it .....
Nigerians are already talking about restructure. Tinubu, an APC chieftain is already singing it.
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 6:02pm On May 26, 2017
blues2022:

Nigerians are already talking about restructure. Tinubu, an APC chieftain is already singing it.

it will be harder than you think.....it may end up only in papers and never see reality........ undecided

is better you easterners try to get the best out of the union...you have your area,concentrate on una area....
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 26, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, please take this thread to front page. My kins-men should see this thread and sheath their sword.
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 6:06pm On May 26, 2017
anger will not help in nigeria..... undecided....it will only end in more anger.... undecided
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 6:16pm On May 26, 2017
ohhh my...dont try...una made a big mistake abusing other nigerians......nigerians politics doesnt work without alliances between tribes.....

it doesnt just work....the north cant rule nigeria alone without the help of the west...

you igbos still dont get it.......igbos are still too tribalistic......yorubas left that path many years ago...and they have another chance to place a yoruba after obansanjo as president again....you igbos should learn from the yorubas........
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by wristbangle: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
blues2022:
This is thread is a rejoinder to Alcatraz005 article:

https://www.nairaland.com/3822301/igbos-unfair-blame-yorubas-failure/3#56898719

Its high time we engage with tact, diplomacy and caution. Our agitation is genuine. If the Nigerian State had treated us well, over the years, the need for this agitation wouldn't have been there. Our voices is growing stronger and louder by the day, and I believe that the Nigerian State is sitting up to address the issues that affects us or possibly call for a restructure/referendum.
In this case, the tribal slur should stop. Ethnic and tribal engagement is needless, since that will not help the course. Its high time we engage opposing views with superior argument and knowledge. You can make your point without raining abuses or name calling. Its high time we ignore miscreants who create endless monikers to insult the Igbo race. If ignored, they will be forced to call up their mission.
Prof. Osibanjo's address was timely and engaging, no doubt about it. But those are his views. His views, were purely base on his office and constitutional responsibility. If Prof Osibanjo is an Igbo man, he will still do the same. He swore an oat to protect the sovereignty of the nation. So the attack on his person is unnecessary. We can disagree, to agree as long as respect is maintained. Time to thread on the part of diplomacy, tact and intelligence to win what rightly belong to us, that we've been striped off since the end of the civil war.

cc: Ngokafor: MrAlfa: myright: Ikeg: Agumbankembu:Igboid: Alcatraz005:

@Alcatraz005, I hope this thread does justice to your mind.

As a yoruba person, I appreciate the way you buttress your point in a sane manner hence understands the political quagmire of this country.

If we can have people like you in millions from all diverse culture in the country, we will achieve huge success.

The yoruba view on biafra remains indifferent as it's even on the side of its actuality nowadays because to be honest, an average Nigerian cannot boast he/she enjoy this country since childhood.

Though history plays some ugly experience but ruminating on such plights will only draw us back to stone age which is exactly what is happening now.

I hope one day we can look past our differences and forge a great nation because as for me, I don't care whether someone comes from north, east, west side of the country, if he/she has an agenda to shoot this nation from its current mess, I will gallantly throw my vote for the person.

We can't continue to spare the child by keeping the rod simply because our person is there, even if he is not performing, we want him like that. Not this time, Not this current century.

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by bantudra: 6:34pm On May 26, 2017
wristbangle:

As a yoruba person, I appreciate the way you buttress your point in a sane manner hence understands the political quagmire of this country.

If we can have people like you in millions from all diverse culture in the country, we will achieve huge success.

The yoruba view on biafra remains indifferent as it's even on the side of its actuality nowadays because to be honest, an average Nigerian cannot boast he/she enjoy this country since childhood.

Though history plays some ugly experience but ruminating on such plights will only draw us back to stone age which is exactly what is happening now.

I hope one day we can look past our differences and forge a great nation because as for me, I don't care whether someone comes from north, east, west side of the country, if he/she has an agenda to shoot this nation from its current mess, I will gallantly throw my vote for the person.

We can't continue to spare the child by keeping the rod simply because our person is there, even if he is not performing, we want him like that. Not this time, Not this current century.

big example is jonathan....the igbos cant keep trying to force us to like that failure because he is from old eastern region.....no matter what region a failure comes from,it still remains a failure....a failure is a failure,,simple......
Re: Biafrans, Time to Employ Extream Diplomacy by Ikeg: 7:41pm On May 26, 2017
Dude the yorubas insult every politicians who speaks against their wishes. Hell did they not insult GEJ, NOI, GEJ's wife, Soludo, among other politician therefore what do they expect in return.

Behaviors are recripocal. I didn't insult that osibanjo as I know what he said is what's expected as a VP but I feel no need to correct anyone who insults him. Neither should you.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Should Forget About Biafra And Question Their Leaders- Ayodele Adio / North Declares War On Igbo: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / Please Tune Into Ait. Biafra Being Discussed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.