Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,888 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign (4337 Views)

Tonto Dike Flaunts New Tattoo ..endorses Airforce1 ;D / Mike Ezuruonye Endorses Jonathan, Shares House’s Interior Photos / Mercy Johnson Endorses President Jonathan,Says He Deserves A Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by metalgong5(m): 4:10am On Jan 16, 2010
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/jan/16/national-01-16-2010-10.htm

Nollywood endorses Soludo
By DENNIS UGBUDIAN
Saturday, January 16, 2010

•Prof. Soludo
• Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Nollywood, a popular movie industry in Nigeria has endorsed the candidacy of Prof. Chukwuma Soludo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 6 polls in Anambra State.

The movie stars, who graced the occasion of Anambra Stakeholders Interactive evening with Soludo tagged “An evening with Soludo” in Lagos, expressed open support for Soludo in his bid for the governorship race.
Movie stars that numbered over 30 represented the body. They expressed confidence in the ability of Soludo to re-direct Anambra politics for the benefit of all the people of Anambra.

Some of the celebrated actors and actresses included Chidi Mokeme, Ernest Obi, Jennifer Eliogu, Ndidi Obi, Oge Okoye, Ebube, Benitar Nzeribe, Chinyere Winifred, and Benedict Johnson among others. They unanimously agreed “Prof Soludo deserves all the support as he is a great leader whose leadership qualities are admirable as his willingness to serve is encouraging.”

Ernest Obi, who spoke on behalf of the movie stars, said a vote for Soludo is a vote for the transformation of the state for good, adding: “We are convinced that Prof. Soludo is the best candidate out of all other equally good candidates. It is now time to settle for the best. Soludo is not only a man of great vision but a realist that has been tested and proved to be an achiever,” he noted.

The fashionable celebrities explained that they would not close their eyes “when a credible candidate that will deliver the state is in the race,” calling on the people of Anambra to ensure that Soludo emerges victorious.
The group also lauded the combination of Soludo with his running mate, Senator Emma Anosike, saying: “It is a perfect match”.

In his speech, which he delivered extempore, Prof. Soludo, cautioned the people of Anambra not to be indifferent in the February 6 polls as the time to deliver the state from bad governance is now.
He said there is need for the elite to volunteer to be part of the political process so as to ensure that the state does not continue to drift.

Soludo also had an interactive session with Anambra Stakeholders. It was tagged “an evening with Soludo” which was attended by Anambra indigenes and friends. The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), who expressed joy for the large turnout and support in view of the personalities that attended, said it was time to put the state on the world map.

“The time has come for us to deliver Anambra State, our dear state. We can no longer shy away from this call that is why I am here to salvage the situation. It is sad that the state is increasingly becoming desolate.
“The tragedy is that the elite appear to have lost faith in the system, they appear to have given up. But the situation is not irredeemable because we have the solution. I am worried that if we do not take the bull by the horns today, we will not have a place to be proud of again.

“Year 2010 should be a watershed and we should all resolve that this decay must stop. Unemployment is soaring higher, poverty is on the rise while sadly enough, okada riders have become the only business that is rising in greater speed.”
Soludo reiterated his resolve to make Anambra “the African Dubai-Taiwan’ adding that a new Anambra State was not only possible but has become inevitable.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by LadyT(f): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2010
Rubbish angry
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by ochukoccna: 1:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
[size=14pt]hOW MUCH dem collect from Mr African Dubai Taiwan?
Seems he has started investing from the 2 billion he was given cool cool cool
And to think the banks which he supervised till last year are now collapsing
And to think this politrickcian will change once he's rigged into office
THINK again![/size]

FOOLISH THESPIANS!
[size=38pt]CElebrating a trickster who deserves to be tied to the stake and shot![/size]
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by gidson12(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
*no comment*
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by psychu: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
What is he still doing in Lagos, he should go to Anambara and sell his ideas to the people, if not rigging will be difficult for him. He should atleast have the required number of votes 4 rigging to happen, haaaa!!
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by bjmighty(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nollywood! Am not surprised. They were paid to do their job. Act!
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by ochukoccna: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2010
I don't know why thespians are this foolish O!
Was that not how Soludo was blowing big grammar and theoretical economic permutations into our ear drums prior to the banking sector crisis? undecided undecided undecided
Was it not the same Soludo who said the banks [& by extension 9ja] were immune from the financial crisis ravaging the globe?
Now his loudmouth grin grin grin has coined African Dubai Taiwan& [surprise, surprise] people are still jumping unto his wagon embarassed embarassed embarassed
I sorry sorry O!
I sorry for Nigeria, I sorry sorry O, I sorry for Anambra.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by flashgeek: 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2010
ochukoccna:

[size=14pt]hOW MUCH dem collect from Mr African Dubai Taiwan?
Seems he has started investing from the 2 billion he was given cool cool cool
And to think the banks which he supervised till last year are now collapsing
And to think this politrickcian will change once he's rigged into office
THINK again![/size]

FOOLISH THESPIANS!
[size=38pt]CElebrating a trickster who deserves to be tied to the stake and shot![/size]

I agree with you, personally i will like to take these PDP bastards and shoot them one by one in head with this:

Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by MrCrackles(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2010
nollywood has done it again! grin
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by baslone: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2010
hyps!!!
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by slap1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2010
this is one of the many things N2 billion can get you. anyways, Nollywood is a failure (for now) and so is whatever they endorse.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Hardballer(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by agitator: 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics

To God be the Glory grin
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by chigo4u: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
OMG!! bunch of jokers. Who send nollywhatever. Dem think say na film we wan act for here. As a matter of fact, watch out for a new nollywood film tittled "Soludo vs Nollywood" lol. Maybe solu-go will do his own election in Lagos. Nollywhat? Who dey watch their drama? Them don collect 100k to share. Lol, Sychophants.
Uninteresting news.
Next
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by ochukoccna: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2010
flashgeek:

I agree with you, personally i will like to take these PDP bastards and shoot them one by one in head with this:
Ol boy! you harsh O! undecided undecided undecided
But we deserve to be harsh for this matter in such times as this that our country finds herself.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Edaniels1: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2010
Please they should go and Sit Down, Soludo my Ass!!! Fools! wen he starts looting na dem go first start shout, Now he has givn dem lil out of his 2bn, n embarassed  dey r lickin his ass, NollyFOOLS! embarassed cry
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by ayo84(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2010
when did nollywood start endoresments.total rubbish, its obvious money has changed hands
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by onyengbu1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2010
Cant you guys just wait for Soludo to start the looting before accusing him?

That guy is going to dissapoint all of ya.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by texazzpete(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Cant you guys just wait for Soludo to start the looting before accusing him?

That guy is going to dissapoint all of ya.

When a man says "the era of godfathers is over in Anambra State" and then turns around and collects N100 million from emeka Offor (a veteran godfather who has brought great ruin to anambra in the past), you know what kind of snake you're dealing with.

After all the people of Anambra have suffered from PDP, there are still retards keen on voting for PDP's soludo?
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by MIKKY2: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2010
So na only one person fit support soludo for here.na wa oo. funny enough even if awo rise from the grave these same people will not come out to vote yet na dem sabi condemn pass.a friend once asked why its only razz ppl dat take part in school elections and Behind people sit back relax and complain.think about it.id you continue to field your worst eleven what do you expect,   any tom manliness and harry will come and try his luck.instead of hatin on NL we need to start organising ourselves into parties/press groups or better yet join pdp and outnumber the bad guys AT least soludo has the guts to participate instead of complainin ''politics is dirty'' if you are so pissed go there and change things Abi una no no say money talks. if he came and asked nigeriams to donate one one thousand so that it is the masses will that will be done how many people will donate o boy don't get it twisted democracy is the best system of governmet that money can buy
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by texazzpete(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
MIKKY2:

So na only one person fit support soludo for here.na wa oo. funny enough even if awo rise from the grave these same people will not come out to vote yet na dem sabi condemn pass.a friend once asked why its only razz ppl dat take part in school elections and Behind people sit back relax and complain.think about it.id you continue to field your worst eleven what do you expect,   any tom manliness and harry will come and try his luck.instead of hatin on NL we need to start organising ourselves into parties/press groups or better yet join pdp and outnumber the bad guys AT least soludo has the guts to participate instead of complainin ''politics is dirty'' if you are so pissed go there and change things Abi una no no say money talks. if he came and asked nigeriams to donate one one thousand so that it is the masses will that will be done how many people will donate o boy don't get it twisted democracy is the best system of governmet that money can buy

your entire submission is built on the flawed assumption that Soludo is one of the good guys.
here's a hint: he isn't.

If by changing things it means he's going to be hobnobbing with the thieves like Offor and Anenih, you need to look harder for a messiah.
here's a solution; you dont have to form parties or 'join PDP to outnumber the bad guys'. All you have to do is come out to vote and vote out PDP. Simple as that.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by darkman200: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nolly what hehehe, ignorant clowns, they don't know how to make quality movie yet,
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
Soludo may win anambra governorship thru People Deceive People (PDP) method, the more you look the less u understand tactice, but the fact still remains that he will pay for all his wrongs one day.

His in actions at the banking sector yesterday has put many families in sorrow and tear today. now he want to govern anambra state and commit the final burial for the people of anambra.

personally, i think its time nigerians start making professional assasin an occupation. am currently visiting sites that will train me on how to be a professional assasin. i know those i will start my target practice with by the time am thru with them, if any of them hear politi, they will run away before , tics is completed.

As for Soludo, he is better called soluogu! cause there is nothing peaceful about him.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by mamagee3(f): 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2010
I can see Nollytrash wants to remain in their trashy position this year.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by oluclem(m): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nollywood actors/actresses are doing their job. They have to act even when they don't like the role/chracter they have to play. that is their job
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by rasputinn(m): 1:22am On Jan 17, 2010
See wetin bad market dey cause, embarassed embarassed
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Bruekeleen: 6:48am On Jan 17, 2010
Now, U understand why some of them (Nkem Owo and Pete Odochie) were kidnapped; they have been dining with th devils.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by onyengbu1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
texazzpete:

your entire submission is built on the flawed assumption that Soludo is one of the good guys.

Just like yours and that of the rest of other contributors are based on flawed assumption that Soludo is one of the bad guys!

Have you convicted him of any crime before?
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by chidichris(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
to be fair in this one, pdp, nigeria and anambra state have been involved in a lot of movies and the practical involvements of these few minor movie stars makes the whole scenerio look something close to the real situation - movie.
if there is anything worth regreting in this action, it is the fact that the movie was more of a comedy yet, the likes of mr.ibu and osuofia were not where to be found hence the commedy was not a serious one.
on ethe names mentioned above, i refuse to believe that what they have in common is movie rather to me, these are bunch of fools seeking political relevance as non is a brand name in our movie industry.
nigerians and i personally was looking towards seeing such names as edochies, osuofias,asiegbus, anunobis, zacks, ozokwus, okonkwos, kanayos, nnajis, just to mention but a few but where such quality names are found wanting, these other guys could be reprensenting everything except the movie industry.
@poster,
if u keep ur eyes open, the industry will soon disown these guys and their actions as such forum shld not be politicised.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Vindy: 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
My brothers leave am Soludo no be better man, make him white collar and tie no dcive you, SOLUDO tell some thugs say make them kill instead PDP
primaries go hold, my nbrother na one of them. him say make them shot rocket luncher put 4 that building instead primaries go hold. blyf or not na the truth i dey talk.
Re: Nollywood Seeks Relevance In Nigeria Politics: Endorses Soludo's Campaign by Nizoral(f): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2010
*pshew* total rubish wat do nollywood knw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pretty Huddah Monroe Shows Butt In A Sexy Lingerie / Sexy University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shares Very H0t N Aked PHOTOS / Pics: Roman Goddess Shows Off Her Big Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.