Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,719 members, 7,865,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Help!!!!! The Tragedy Of Failed Parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!!!! The Tragedy Of Failed Parenting (375 Views)

Tragedy As Fire Outbreak Kills A Woman And Her 3 Kids In Niger State(photos) / The Problem Of Igbo Boy And Failed Parenting / 70% Of Failed Marriages In Nigeria Come From Girls That Bleach - Philanthropist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!!! The Tragedy Of Failed Parenting by Nobody: 11:44am On May 27, 2017
HELP!!!!! THE TRAGEDY OF FAILED PARENTING: THE TRUE STORY OF SAMMY
As we celebrate the children's day tears fill my eyes as i type this story.
Sammy and his family live close to our compound. We knew each other from childhood. Sammy was very handsome with the eyes of his mother as he was the first son. He was pampered a lot even though his parents knew he was stubborn as a kid.
In our childhood days sammy would look for trouble and will fight and sometimes get beaten, his mum will come out and after getting to know sammy was at fault she will start attacking the person who beat his son, saying is it because of that small issue you beat him.

Fast forward to 2004 Sammy was sent to live with his grandparents in d same aba but a little distant. For heaven's sake i dont know what happened to him there but he became a smoker, drunkard, tout and any thing that is bad. His life changed for the worst. He became a bus conductor and an agbero always spending time with mean looking criminals. In 2014 he came back home to become a thorn in the flesh of his parents. At one time threatened to kill his father. The sorrows of his parents are renewed day by day. Its either his mother drawing him by the clothe and weeping or his father shouting in regret.

Just recently the Abia State Vigilante caught him, macheted his head stripped him, put a tyre on him to burn him alive He was still laughing and threatening the whole street that he will deal with each compound one by one.
It took cries, pleadings, wailings to prevent him from being killed that day.
Just today i got another call, sammy has broken into his neighbors' house and stolen his TV, who knows what will happen this time?
The joy of a mother for the birth of a handsome boy has turned into constant sorrows. She is always found weeping, had she known she could have done things better. As a former neighbor and childhood friend, i bow my head in shame, at least i could have done something, i could have drawn sammy close and helped him. I am also calling out for help, i am a million miles away from my home but i need advice now. How can we handle this because my folks still stay at home. This is not a fiction it is happening now, sammy is a terror to my neighborhood.

As we celebrate the Children's day, let us all have in mind that our children are our greatest investment or debt based on how we train them. A failed parenting is a means lifetime sorrow. Dont overlook the stubbornness of that child calling him a kid. I plead with every parent reading this to take out sometime today and ponder on the way they have been bringing up their kids. Sammy maybe someone's punishment for failure today, who knows who it might be tomorrow.

Advices would be welcomed on how sammy can be handled the matter is now out of hand

I got a call from home, sammy had graduated to a thief. He has been beaten by army, police. The latest one i heard that the vigilante group caught him infront of his house, macheted his head, stripped and put a tyre of his neck to burn him, he

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Educating For The Kids / Its Fathers Day. Drop Ypur Best Fathers Day Line. / Meet Your Soulmate Dinner Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.