Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error (1068 Views)

Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 27, 2017
I woke up this morning to messages on my phone as always. I thought it was clients as usual but it was two credit alerts from a name I do not know. First alert was 75k and then 125k. Imagine waking up to 200k alert. I knew i wasnt dreaming but i thought it was a client paying part payment for rent of one of the apartments I manage or my fee for my services but I'm not expecting anything and this person didn't call me or even text. I have waited for almost 10hrs and no one has called to say why they paid it.

I even went on Facebook to search for the name and only saw one guy who looks like he uses online banking. I was judging people by their looks yes. Anyway I sent him a message seeing a made a post on fb recently that means he will get the message. I'm sure if he wasn't him, he will think I'm a 419 lol.

I don't want to spend the money yet in case it belongs to a client or colleague but if it is an error, too bad. It should serve as a lesson to people. People should be careful when they want to transfer money. You cannot give somebody cake and now come and take the cake back and eat it. I tried to give back the cake but the cake wants me.

Now this is a general notice to the public and also a lesson to everyone who uses the internet to bank.

I'm heading to Epe tomorrow, I have been telling clients about one half plot of land for sale in Epe that has good potentials because of the plans going on over there. Guess how much the land is? Yup 200k. I might as well use the money to buy it or myself and I will return your money when the land has appreciated and I sell it.

Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2017
You're A Nice Person, Good Of You..
I transferred it to you by mistake, please send it back... God bless! grin
Attention, Below TOPIC MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO SOMEONE OR RATHER YOU.
Benefits of Being In A Relationship
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by Kondomatic(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
Lols. This kain mistake no dey know the right account to enter.

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by acenazt: 5:17pm On May 27, 2017
If u non like am send am to me. Mk I DM u my account?
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by semasir: 5:18pm On May 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for who sent almost same to me for over a month now yet nothing yet either..... Updated My fb and been searching but no way for the person and I also need almost equivalent of the amount
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by Localamos(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2017
Honesty is the best policy

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by dingbang(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2017
Reminds me of that joke.

Hello dark and worthy initiate, you are welcome to the ogboni fraternity and as part or your dark initiation, you have been sent the sum of 200k for your upkeep. Be reminded that one of your siblings must die at the end of the month and your mum will lose her legs.

Op if you see this kyn message after getting the alert wetin You go do? grin
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by boladez(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2017
The mistake can be made by anyone.

If the owner turns up through his bank just give him his money already. Karma is true and real
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
Reminds me of that joke.

Hello dark and worthy initiate, you are welcome to the ogboni fraternity and as part or your dark initiation, you have been sent the sum of 200k for your upkeep. Be reminded that one of your siblings must die at the end of the month and your mum will lose her legs.

Op if you see this kyn message after getting the alert wetin You go do? grin

Me that is a child of God. God protects his people.

boladez:
The mistake can be made by anyone.

If the owner turns up through his bank just give him his money already. Karma is true and real

E be like say you did not read my post. Ayam going to Epe tomorrow to purchase land. grin
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by ggoldmine: 6:37pm On May 27, 2017
Dreamwaker:
I woke up this morning to messages on my phone as always. I thought it was clients as usual but it was two credit alerts from a name I do not know. First alert was 75k and then 125k. Imagine waking up to 200k alert. I knew i wasnt dreaming but i thought it was a client paying part payment for rent of one of the apartments I manage or my fee for my services but I'm not expecting anything and this person didn't call me or even text. I have waited for almost 10hrs and no one has called to say why they paid it.

I even went on Facebook to search for the name and only saw one guy who looks like he uses online banking. I was judging people by their looks yes. Anyway I sent him a message seeing a made a post on fb recently that means he will get the message. I'm sure if he wasn't him, he will think I'm a 419 lol.

I don't want to spend the money yet in case it belongs to a client or colleague but if it is an error, too bad. It should serve as a lesson to people. People should be careful when they want to transfer money. You cannot give somebody cake and now come and take the cake back and eat it. I tried to give back the cake but the cake wants me.

Now this is a general notice to the public and also a lesson to everyone who uses the internet to bank.

I'm heading to Epe tomorrow, I have been telling clients about one half plot of land for sale in Epe that has good potentials because of the plans going on over there. Guess how much the land is? Yup 200k. I might as well use the money to buy it or myself and I will return your money when the land has appreciated and I sell it.

Pls, don't spend the money yet if you don't know the sender. I made similar error and it was reverted to my account after a month of follow-up. Pls, be patient enough and consider the plight the sender might go through if looses such amount of money in this hard time.
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by jmoore(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2017
Op, why are you searching for the person? You might end up giving the money back to the wrong person.

I am not saying you should eat the money. My point is that the way you are going about it is very wrong. Imagine if the dude you met on facebook said it his money, you would have transferred the money to him.

It is left for the bank officials to tell you who owns the money. Stop doing FBI abeg.
Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 27, 2017
ggoldmine:

Pls, don't spend the money yet if you don't know the sender. I made similar error and it was reverted to my account after a month of follow-up. Pls, be patient enough and consider the plight the sender might go through if looses such amount of money in this hard time.

The guy called five mins ago, I know him as Joe and it was indeed an error. Unluckily he is a colleague I do business with so returned it. sad

2 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Credited My Account By Error by dingbang(m): 7:39pm On May 27, 2017
Dreamwaker:

Me that is a child of God. God protects his people.

E be like say you did not read my post. Ayam going to Epe tomorrow to purchase land. grin
oya transfer me the least 5k.. So no be only you dem go hold...

(1) (Reply)

Business Website/mobile App / Back Again With Another Banga / Airtel Negligence: Customer Loses Life At Experience Centre (DOCUMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.